Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mart Price Tracker

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,311 ✭✭✭Anto_Meath

Katie 2018 wrote: »
    How is lmx weanling bulls doing at the minute in the ring anyone seen..jan, February calves 380 to 425kg in weight
    These are too heavy for the shippers so you are probably looking at €2.15 a kg back to €1.70 depending on quality.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 1,876 Mod ✭✭✭✭Albert Johnson

Anto_Meath wrote: »
    How is lmx weanling bulls doing at the minute in the ring anyone seen..jan, February calves 380 to 425kg in weight
    These are too heavy for the shippers so you are probably looking at €2.15 a kg back to €1.70 depending on quality.

+1 on this, there not choice stock atm. I keep saying that once a calf comes to 300kg to offload them with the current trade. There's lots of buyers for weanlings circa 240-320kg atm between shipper's and farmer's. Except exception weanlings the circa 400kg calf making €1000+ isn't happening like other year's. I see it every week where lads show a bundle of bull weanlings and there 300kg calf makes €800 followed by a 400kg similar type again making €800. From what I see the further you go over 300kg the closer to €2 a kilo the price goes, there's some exceptional stock making more but that's the general trade that I see atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Katie 2018

They will have to go anyway ground bad shape.they done well with little creep feeding pity won't be getting paid for them

They will have to go anyway ground bad shape.they done well with little creep feeding pity won't be getting paid for them

I know well, time to be either offloading or weaning them and gearing up for another winter. At least if you haven't put much meal into them there coming in at first cost. I found it was a good year for calves to thrive and I hope they do well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭older by the day

I have a few of those guys, I have silage. 660 don't seem like a lot, what's the math to out winter and sell in March. They would be 2yrs old then. About 160 days to paddys day.

Depending on how many they will be hard on 3-4 acres and where ever you outwinter them will not recover until mid May. If you have dry silage a bale will last 12-15 about about 2 days maybe longer. IT usually costs me about 80 cent to a euro to overwinter them in a shed. You will need to give them minerals as well. However they will be hungry stores and not weigh in the mart. They want a month of good grass before selling or ration over the winter. The ration changes the economics completely as eve 2kgs will add 55c/day to costs
    I know your correct but these leggy guys might not thrive on concrete slats.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Markets a bit funny at moment sold two this week. 2 heifers lim. Black but out of good suckler cows. 11 months old 420 kg €835 and other one 440kg €800. Does seem the heavier the less they make. AVG €1.90 kg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,877 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone selling finshed heifers in the mart?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭jfh

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone selling finshed heifers in the mart?

Sold 2 classy heifers, 560kgs 1140 & 525kgs 1090 in the mart, got a comrade into the factory who was slightly better, killed out 375kgs, made 1397.
    So was a bit disappointed with the mart, that was last week of September, I'd say they have dropped since.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Grueller

Sold 8 yesterday. Late January, feb and 2 March. Average weight 356 and made an average of €2.39/kg. Happy enough with the year that's in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,716 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

Grueller wrote: »
    Sold 8 yesterday. Late January, feb and 2 March. Average weight 356 and made an average of €2.39/kg. Happy enough with the year that's in it.

What age, breed, sex............

'When I was a boy we were serfs, slave minded. Anyone who came along and lifted us out of that belittling, I looked on them as Gods.' - Dan Breen

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 604 ✭✭✭TooOldBoots

Sold Charolais runners on Tuesday. Weights not shown but I had them weighed the week earlier for beep and they were averaging 250kg. I got €930 or €3.72/kg
    I had two limousines also nice quality weighing 355kg got €815 or €2.29/kg

All bulls

Sold Charolais runners on Tuesday. Weights not shown but I had them weighed the week earlier for beep and they were averaging 250kg. I got €930 or €3.72/kg
    I had two limousines also nice quality weighing 355kg got €815 or €2.29/kg

All bulls

It's some touch for the CHx, fair play they must have been dusters of lads.

Yeah they were nice quality all right. Charolais X limX cows.
    They were bought for a farmer in north Co Dublin, not the shipper. Same lad bought a full truck load. I didn't think there was any land in Dublin :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭tanko

They were bought for a farmer in north Co Dublin, not the shipper. Same lad bought a full truck load. I didn't think there was any land in Dublin :p

What age were they?

Roughly 6 months, late March April born. They went straight from the cow to the ringside.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Katie 2018

Roughly 6 months, late March April born. They went straight from the cow to the ringside.
    did you run the lms at 355kg through calf ring .put them weight s an more through calf ring done well in past

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Welding Rod

Sold April runner bulls.
    Lim @ €890. Very happy with that. Super calf though. Had no creep eaten. Wouldn’t go in the feeder if you kissed his ass!!
    Pair of lims @ €630. Fierce disappointed. Good ends but butty enough. One of those had no creep eaten either. Same problem as the first fella.
    Anyway average €716 for the 3. Not exactly a crock of gold at the end of the rainbow.

did you run the lms at 355kg through calf ring .put them weight s an more through calf ring done well in past
    No they were overage but smashing animals. Whoever bought them got far better value than the 250 kg charlis at 930
    All my limousines seem to make about 100 to 150 less than the charli for no reason other than color

• Registered Users Posts: 5,134 ✭✭✭Grueller

What age, breed, sex............

January/February born. 3 bulls, 1 LMX and 2 BBX. 3 heifers, 1 CHX, 2 BBX.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,239 ✭✭✭Robson99

No they were overage but smashing animals. Whoever bought them got far better value than the 250 kg charlis at 930
    All my limousines seem to make about 100 to 150 less than the charli for no reason other than color

Lim generally won't carry the weight like a char and can be light of bone.
    Have been finishing both here down through the years and would want to buy a lim store at least 100 less

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

Also harder fatten

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭tellmeabit

Gortalea
    Lm 265kg April €590
    Lm 325kg April €645
    Ch 385kg Dec €855
    Ch 350kg Mar €855
    Lm 300kg Mar €635
    Lm 305kg Feb €675
    Lm 285kg Mar €655
    Lm 260kg Mar €650
    Lm 295kg Mar €815
    Lm 280kg Mar €600
    Ch 310kg Mar €675
    Ch 300kg Mar 745
    Ch 287kg  €560
    Lm 260kg Jan
    Ch 320kg may €745
    Lm 327kg Mar €710

Lm 290kg may €670
    Lm 225kg may €520
    Lm 193kg may €505
    Lm 221kg may 540
    Ch 353kg Jan €830
    Ch 286kg €790
    Ch 235kg Mar € 600
    Ch 315kg Mar €715

Lm 265kg April €640
    Lm 296kg Mar €705
    Lm 305kg April €645
    Ch 298kg Mar €760
    Ch 355kg feb €800
    Ch 342kg Feb € 780

Cg 345kg Mar 750
    Lm 260kg April €455
    Lm 350kg Mar 820

ffs them aren't great prices. wtf has happened in the space of a week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,484 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

Grass being driven in to the ground where it's fed, falling back where it's next and drowning where they left it.

And everything else on top.

I was thinking same or maybe come to realise my 6month olds aren't as big as some going through mart. Anyways hoping the payments next week will burn a hole in some fellas pocket cos I'm moving them next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭older by the day

He must have sold sites in the city to give that price

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

tellmeabit wrote: »
    I was thinking same or maybe come to realise my 6month olds aren't as big as some going through mart. Anyways hoping the payments next week will burn a hole in some fellas pocket cos I'm moving them next week.

Were they heifers or bulls?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,181 ✭✭✭Lady Haywire

Very hard to tell the quality of a beast through numbers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭dohc turbo2

Very hard to tell the quality of a beast through numbers :pac:
    Yes , but the last two weeks there a good bit back there , cull cows were well back last week there too ,

• Advertisement

Muckit wrote: »
    Were they heifers or bulls?
    all bulls, didn't wait for the heifers, left it at 10.30pm

Advertisement