Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10 Player Secret Role

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭Clarabel

fixxxer wrote: »
    It was my welcome to the game PM.

Kahlassi >> good witch. I clarified that with the lord our mod

Here. Fixxxer can you shine some more light here.
    Any ideas why tusk would not confirm you are a good witch.

Also witch? Seems like flavour not seen anywhere else

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

Clarabel wrote: »
    tusk will not confirm if the role is good or bad. So whoever said that tusk/mod had confirmed that is likely lying. I think it was fixxxer - I'll go try find the post

If Fixxxer is good, and has a role, then that's confirmation (in his head) that it's a good role.

QB I've given you a direct accusation, you have no passed your own opinion. I've asked you for yours and you've cloak and mirrored answering and saying I am "feeling" my accusation.

I am not accusing you, I am suspicious if you because you are appearing to post and give detailed answers and they are helpful but they are rehash of other posts.

Who do you think is a wolf and why?

I've given my reads. I think Kingsley and/or Baggly. As for why? GnR gave good reasons, but for me, it's a process of elimination. I think you and Spook are playing more villagery.

I think if Baggly is a wolf and using his sickness (real or fake) to cover then it's poor form tbh. Which is why I'd like a well person such as Barney to take over.

This morning, when I woke I was 99.9999% sure that GnR and Fixxxer were grand. I'll be honest, this theory that the role might have gone to a wolf does have me down at about 90% on Fixxxer. I still think he's probably good, but I am less sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,896 ✭✭✭✭Spook_ie

I'm still torn between Fixxxer and QB.

Firstly the only way for WW to win is just like in a film, stay hidden until the last reel, either by stealth or subterfuge. Stealth is way to easy to pick up by number of posts, so subterfuge would be my bet.

Now subterfuge is the need to convince people you are on their side.

Theory 1 QB (WW) offers themselves up as RPV hoping to convince people they are aiming to take the munch to protect real RPV raises credit with village.

Theory 2 Fixxxer (WW) with power,
    Use poison and cure on NRV raises credibility, even more so when NRV gets munched.

Theory 3 QB (villager) offers up self to protect RVP, good game play but only if you're sure the role is good

Theory 4 Fixxxer (villager). Claims single use RPV, GnB poisoned, no reason given for using one off poison on GnB, very early in game, If it was me I'd have kept my powder dry and see if QB did get munched.

I'm leaning towards QB as first choice rather than Fixxxer but I'm not happy with either of them.

I'm bored with this tunnel

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

I like this Clara. I assume if you were a wolf you would let us continue on down it.

Along with GnR this morning you are the second to take Spook up on this.

He was second on my list yesterday and therefore first today since Khal is no longer with us

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Would appreciate it if someone could look over Kingsley's posts. Don't think I'll have time before lynch.

Right now I'd be in favour of lynching either QB or Spook_ie

Would be nice if we could get voting preferences on thread. Not actual votes, just were you're likely to go.

I have nothing at the moment other than the tunnel, bored or not.

The only things we have solid to go on are

1 QB hard claim as RPV later retracted
    2 Fixxxer/GnR poison cure scenario

Anything else has nothing but suspicion to run with.

MrKingsley wrote: »
    I like this Clara. I assume if you were a wolf you would let us continue on down it.

He was second on my list yesterday and therefore first today since Khal is no longer with us

Would you lunch spook?

Would you lunch spook?

Going off my list he is next up yes

But I’m going to have a proper look at him before lunch at some stage.

Here’s where I am leaning.

Me: village
    Fixxxer: village
    Clara: village
    Baggly: village

QB: need to look into

Spook: wolf

• Advertisement

Spook_ie wrote: »
    Theory 4 Fixxxer (villager). Claims single use RPV, GnB poisoned, no reason given for using one off poison on GnB, very early in game, If it was me I'd have kept my powder dry and see if QB did get munched.

Fix, why did you use the poison when you did? If it's a once-off, why not wait until it could actually be used to catch a wolf?

I know you said you wanted to see GnR's reaction to being poisoned with the intent of curing him if he "passed" your test. But poisoning and curing brings us back to where we start. Poisoning someone with a good chance of being a wolf, would be more useful to the village.

I know hindsight and all, but would be good to hear through your thought process here.

Would you lunch spook?

Freudian slip, lunch instead of lynch

quickbeam wrote: »
    Fix, why did you use the poison when you did? If it's a once-off, why not wait until it could actually be used to catch a wolf?

I know you said you wanted to see GnR's reaction to being poisoned with the intent of curing him if he "passed" your test. But poisoning and curing brings us back to where we start. Poisoning someone with a good chance of being a wolf, would be more useful to the village.

I know hindsight and all, but would be good to hear through your thought process here.

I was nearly lynched so I had to use it. I wanted to see reactions. His and yours mainly. Numbers are low so the chance of being munched is higher. Didn't make sense to me to hang on to it for longer when I nearly died. No point wondering now about what could have been.

Here. Fixxxer can you shine some more light here.
    Any ideas why tusk would not confirm you are a good witch.

Also witch? Seems like flavour not seen anywhere else

You'll see it on my action thread after. Mods get involved as little as possible so I'm not surprised. Why witch? Ask the lord our mod after :)

Paranoia hat: pretty clear Clara was talking about her tunnel, not spooks. Gentle leading to lynching spook?

Exactly. If the role was bad then 2 wolves would make sense.

In this scenario QB makes the claim. Fixxxer doesn’t need to refute it as they know it’s bull. It would also make QB look bad going forward for making a false claim.

Then save GnR who they know to be good and essentially be cleared by GnR as village a result.

It’s very improbable but I don’t think it can be ruled out.

Also Fixxxer not suggesting to look at me could be the beginning of them getting ready for the lynch tonight. They would probably only need support from 1 other to be safe

Having said all that I will leave it there for the minute and see what they say in response.

Spook next as you say

Didn't see this earlier. Interesting logic. So you think the wolf is QB or me?

Paranoia hat: pretty clear Clara was talking about her tunnel, not spooks. Gentle leading to lynching spook?

I would’ve thought it was pretty obviously that she was referring to Spooks “4 Theory” post.

I’ve not been that gentle at all really this game.

I was on you day 1.

I then was on Khal and Spook yesterday.

I’ve been pretty open about my reads and reasoning throughout

Didn't see this earlier. Interesting logic. So you think the wolf is QB or me?

Going by that scenario you are the wolf.

But as I said it is very unlikely. So that’s why I have QB and Spook as the two I’m looking at

It's not me. Pinky swear.

Nope Spooks tunnel

• Advertisement

Fixxxer - I am done with this Spooks tunnel. if he is the wolf he deserves the win. So I;m done - he is village
    Baggly - I'm ruling Bags out on poor form if he is the wolf.
    Clara: village

I'd be happy to vote on either of these:

QB: need to look into

Spook: I thnk that this is just a tunneling fool play rather than a wolf. I keep flipping here but that is what I think.

Mr K: I don't think so, but he could well be.

Then I was wrong. Had a look at Kingsleys posts. Dont have time to ISO him but wouldn't be putting him ahead of spooky and QB at this stage.

So for me, my village team of Baggly and Fixxxer is saying

Fixxxer - QB or Spooks (Mr K not ahead of...)
    Clara - QB or Spooks (maybe Mr K )
    Bags - doesn't really give any reads post lynch and munch

I know I said I was going to look at Spook but having looking yesterday my thoughts havent changed. He has continued to tunnel down the Fixxxer/QB line (which I have been slightly guilty of myself) but he just wont let it go.

So I have decided to tak a look at QB's first day in action up until she voted and was then out for the evening.
    This is a little sus. How do you know sKeith isn't the one with the secret role and let it slip in that post, and now you're highlighting it for the wolves to see? Bad villager!!!

As it happens, sKeith isn't the one with the role. HARD CLAIM.

Very first post goes straight at BH and role claims.

Was this a wolf ruse to put us off? Possibly in the hope that it wouldn't stick and the village would look elsewhere.

Were shade to be thrown on them as a pair (had BH survived) then they could have pointed back to this exchange.
    Nope. sK isn't the one with the role. He could be a wolf for all I know.

Again role claiming
    Guys I'm actually out for the evening so need to put a vote in soon. Just so you know when the vote comes and why I'll not be posting.
    I skim read, tbh. Will go back and see who mentioned it first.

When questioned by BH why she didnt respond to Clara who asked the same thing as BH
    Ah, okay, well in that case:

This is a little sus. How do you know sKeith isn't the one with the secret role and let it slip in that post, and now you're highlighting it for the wolves to see? Bad villager!!!

As it happens, sKeith isn't the one with the role. HARD CLAIM.

Goes back and gives the same response to Clara.

*The fact that Clara asked the same question could have worked perfectly for the two if them.
    I like to live dangerously :P

Wolves may think I'm bluffing and keep me alive. We shall see :)

A wolf would care if you were bluffing because wolves don't munch each other.
    Okay, really sorry about this, but I gotta dash so voting for the person with the least amount of posts, except for those who are on zero, who I can't really vote for as they're both new and even if they're wolves, I don't want to see them out after only 3 hours, so...

Vote: Green&Red

And then here we go.

Despite not mentioning GnR in any of her previous posts she decides to vote for him. Why not BH or Clara?

And the reasoning is so shoddy....."I won't vote for anyone who hasn't posted but I will vote for someone with 1 post"

And this just so happens to be GnR who is clearly a skilled player.

So one big part of this theory that doesn't make sense is the fact that no one has counter claimed. Could QB and fixxxer be playing us all and there were aactually 3 wolves and one of them had the role?

What do we think?

I should have said that she had a couple of other posts the first evening but they were responding to questions about game mechanics.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I havent been able to read the thread in full. I did go over it in the last ten mins, so to give my reads updated from yesterday.

Fixxxer is clear in the absence of a counter claim. No change.

QB gets points for the apparent munch draw attempt. No change.

Kingsley could be a pocket attempt on me. Will watch. No change. I mean i havent been able to watch him, but he seems to be playing pro-vilalge.

Clara on the basis that she became active after BH died is still reading wolfy for me.

Spook is playing a strange game. Fair play on picking up the lingo so quickly. Not really enough to hang you for. Maybe it's a little odd seeming. Like deceptive odd. Could just be a quick learner. Null read.

So its 1 or 2 from Spook, clara or kingsley, wolf numbers depending. Is this LYLO if its 2? If it is, id kinda be leaning towards kingsley....im wary of a pocket i guess.

A wolf wouldn't care if you were bluffing because wolves don't munch each other.

Important typo

Baggly wrote: »

Clara on the basis that she became active after BH died is still reading wolfy for me.

I was down a hole for being a hole and not voting to lynch. Simples. i was active before, had RL and was active after. I couldn't be active. :rolleyes:

So, if GnR is good, can Fixxxer be bad? Would mean the role went to a wolf. GnR said he was definitely poisoned and cured. So why would Fixxxer do that? He could just kill a villager and be done with it and say nothing, and possibly even lay the blame at me, who was claiming a role (and I'd voted for GnR first lynch too, so I had "motive"). Or, to gain villager cred, poison and cure him? Maybe, but jaysus ... I don't want to believe that, tbh.

So Fixxxer still good.

I'm good.

Clara was convinced neither Fixxxer or GnR would be munched and was wrong. Was she playing the "ignorant" wolf? Were the wolves actually intending to kill somebody else, but changed to GnR to make Clara look bad?

GnR, who is now Lock Clear, said Kingsley or Baggly.

But don't forget Spook either.
    Not Baggly or Kingsley? Why?

Ok so not too many posts that i cant go through them. QB did some post munch analysis but is pretty quick to focus everyone on anyone but her (essentially). If QB is a wolf, she definitely munches GNR to focus the village on the ones she named above.
    I'm now between Baggly and QB
    You're playing differently. I don't really see you wolf hunting, few comments here and there. I think a wolf could claim a role and pretend she was covering for the village.

Baggly as GnR said is too cool for skool

Mr K as the alternative I think is wolf hunting

Thank you, i guess? Im not playing cool. This is just me when i cant bury myself in either interactions analysis or rattling cage stuff.

You flip on me being wolfy because im sick. Look me being sick should only count towards explaining why im not posting much and not doing analysis. I know im shotoing myself in the foot here but im not telling ye im sick for brownie points. Im just explaining why im posting less, so that you dont lynch me and hurt the village.

• Advertisement

I was down a hole for being a hole and not voting to lynch. Simples. i was active before, had RL and was active after. I couldn't be active. :rolleyes:

I was more talking about your level of posting when you were allowed to post; before and after BH was lynched and revealed as wolf.

What im saying is i think a wolf would have had to become more active after their up to then active wolf buddy died.

Advertisement