Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

Pauly26 wrote: »
    Ptsb is working again for me

Just tried N26, and still not working :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

BArra wrote: »
    any update on the verification text issue?

No mate, I'm Still not receiving any sms verification codes.

It's well over a week now

I'll give it another few days and I'll be moving to tesco mobile

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Bob24 wrote: »
    Just tried N26, and still not working :-/

Same here which is a pain cos I switched phones and now can't activate the new one because I can't get into the app.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

im on phone to vodafone, the agent says 085 numbers are effected by the verification text non receipt issue. no update on status.

I am surprisingly an 085 number

i am asking to speak to his manager to get a complaint reference number but im back on hold as he hasnt a clue it seems..

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

im on phone to vodafone, the agent says 085 numbers are effected by the verification text non receipt issue. no update on status.

I am surprisingly an 085 number

i am asking to speak to his manager to get a complaint reference number but im back on hold as he hasnt a clue it seems..

I also have an 085 number. Was onto them for nearly an hour yesterday but the agent had no information about any issues with text messages. Oddly enough I was able to get a text verification message from Dropbox yesterday.

• Advertisement

agent says manager wont speak to me straight away, and he will call me back. wont hold my breath

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

agent says manager wont speak to me straight away, and he will call me back. wont hold my breath

Managers never do unless you kick up a big fuss

People should vote with their feet. That’s how companies learn

matzen wrote: »
    I also have an 085 number.

Same here. Might not be completely under Vodafone’s control then and might have to do with Eir dragging their feet to solve an issue related to porting and network signalling.

matzen wrote: »
    Same here which is a pain cos I switched phones and now can't activate the new one because I can't get into the app.

Exact same situation. Still have the old phone at home but that’s annoying as I want to sell it.

TBH N26 are not very helpful either. They should have an alternative way to pair a phone. They have ignored my emails and the support person on the online chat promised someone would call me to give the activation code but it never happened.

I am also an 085 number and have the sms issue

Vodafone got back to me on Facebook and said the issue has been identified and that they are working on a fix.

Almost 10 days for me now

I messaged them back on FB demanding some free credit or some kind of compensation for the inconvenience and stress

Worth a shot eh?

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭flexcon

Just remember folks. Vodafone has HUGE enterprise clients. There is NO WAY this would be incompetence or allowed to continue for much longer. SMS verification is now huge for IT and security.

I'm sure there is some explanation that may be out of their hands.

flexcon wrote: »
    Just remember folks. Vodafone has HUGE enterprise clients. There is NO WAY this would be incompetence or allowed to continue for much longer. SMS verification is now huge for IT and security.

I'm sure there is some explanation that may be out of their hands.

Quite possibly a commercial dispute with Eir I’d say (the fact that it is just for 085 number means it probably has to do with Eir and Vodafone’s interconnect for ported numbers).

Nonetheless this is a massive issue and the resolution time is not acceptable. If an external entity is preventing VF from solving the issue, ComReg should be called in to blow its whistle.

no callback from the manager anywho.

how long will they let this go on for? i want the 20e i topped up refunded as i cant use a basic part of the service i am paying for

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

no callback from the manager anywho.

how long will they let this go on for? i want the 20e i topped up refunded as i cant use a basic part of the service i am paying for

assuming you paid by credit card, ask for a charge back. tell vf beforehand why & screen shot it for backup

Just got €10 free credit from Vodafone customer service via Facebook.

I told them I wanted something for the Inconvenience

SMS verification codes still not working though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,512 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

Since the app change have people been able to buy extra data? I must be blind but I can't find the option to buy extra minutes or data anywhere!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

JeffKenna wrote: »
    Since the app change have people been able to buy extra data? I must be blind but I can't find the option to buy extra minutes or data anywhere!

Select add ons from the menu and then buy add ons

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭ryaner777

Can anyone access the offers section on the my Vodafone app?

Trying to use the cinema tickets deal. Or is there an external site or link I could use?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ryaner777 wrote: »

Trying to use the cinema tickets deal. Or is there an external site or link I could use?

yes

The internet isn’t for everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

JeffKenna wrote:

I couldn't access it either, had to get on to customer care. I could see the option but as soon as I pressed it the page would refresh and it would disappear!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭StillThinking

ryaner777 wrote:

Nope I can't do this either!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nope I can't do this either!

Try offers.vodafone.com

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

ryaner777 wrote: »

Has anyone actually won anything of significance on the ' Fantastic Friday's' thing?
    Just wondering.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

Has anyone actually won anything of significance on the ' Fantastic Friday's' thing? Just wondering.

Nothing,and never heard of anyone winning,and I'm also with them for broadband and entered also for that Friday competition,,,NADA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Nothing,and never heard of anyone winning,and I'm also with them for broadband and entered also for that Friday competition,,,NADA

Nothing here either not have I ever heard of the winners.

JeffKenna wrote: »

whats all this talk of a new app? mine looks the same as it always did?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I regularly have trouble using the app when on WiFi. Try using data instead.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

whats all this talk of a new app? mine looks the same as it always did?

The app is the same but if you've been migrated over to the new system, when you log in on the app everything looks completely different. And much worse too IMO.

And the option to purchase add-ons is missing?

Speaking of Vodafone going to sh1te, anyone manage to live chat them today? Seems to be down all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Nothing here either not have I ever heard of the winners.

Yeah, I have to say I'm dubious about it. Sometimes they say they are giving away 100 rugby jerseys or something, but I know nobody who has won anything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Berberis

Since the app was updated I've had awful problems logging in and the offers section will not open at all.
    Got on to live chat and they were no help whatsoever

Advertisement