Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone X - €20 Prepay Offers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 mikeingalway

biebiebie wrote: »
    Vodafone has always worked fine for me, never experienced any issues with verification codes.
    Unless there's a current temporary issue or something localised on your end.

There is a problem, I called them Wednesday. I’ve suddenly stopped getting banking codes, google nest codes etc, they said they got a lot of calls about this but no other updates available at the time. Mike

• Registered Users Posts: 10,905 ✭✭✭✭Bob24

There is a problem, I called them Wednesday. I’ve suddenly stopped getting banking codes, google nest codes etc, they said they got a lot of calls about this but no other updates available at the time. Mike

Yep, issues with receiving codes here as well. There must be a connectivity issue between Vodafone and one large SMS service platform used by many companies to send text messages to their customers. Seems like they took a while to acknowledge it, but you would hope that once they issue is known they are working on it as a critical incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

also have issues with vodafone receiving verification texts from various sources, have logged the issue with them and the agent confirmed a significant number of customers have reported same and a ticket is raised against the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Snotty wrote: »
    I may have missed this but if I want to keep Spotify do I just increase my top up to, €25 now? Do I need to do anything else?

Also, my Spotify is due to expiry tomorrow but I have another 14 days on my Vodaphone X sub, so will I need to pay a fiver to keep Spotify for the next 2 weeks?

Yes, you just top up by an extra €5 per month and make sure it's on your add on. A lot of posters, me included, decided to take up the Spotify family plan over on the bargain alerts forum. Works out at €30 a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭Rock Paper Scissors

Quackster wrote: »
    Have Vodafone moved you over to their new system?

What new system? Can you elaborate please?

Cheers

• Advertisement

Also found out this morning that text messages sent to me by Fedex last week never arrived. Vodafone definitely has a connectivity issue with one of the larger SMS platforms out there.

Shocking customer care from Vodafone so far regarding this sms issue

Sent them a message early this morning which was seen but they didn't reply.

Called them twice and no joy also

Gonna just go ahead and file a complaint now

And I’m at an airport now where you need to receive a confirmation code by text message to access the wifi service ... you guessed it the texts are not coming.

Also tried their Twitter but they are not answering my (and other people’s) tweets.

I have to say their reputation with me is taking a hit here ... this a is a critical issue which deserves more attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭RoYoBo

Vodafone not responding to any queries by Twitter or Facebook and there's no other public forum to ask - are they deleting these queries? Not impressed!

RoYoBo wrote: »
    Vodafone not responding to any queries by Twitter or Facebook and there's no other public forum to ask - are they deleting these queries? Not impressed!

Are you also having trouble receiving sms verification codes?

• Advertisement

Just gave the bank activation code a try and still no luck.

Vodafone really is beyond acceptable standards here. Critical issue lasting for several day, no fix, no communication!

And Vodafone’s online chat are just saying it is a know issue and will be resolved ASAP. Won’t give any kind of timeline (even high level) after asking a few times.

Lads for anyone having issues with the sms verification codes, file a complaint.

You have to ring Vodafone first and request to speak to a manager and then ask them for a complaint reference number.

I done it last night

Are you also having trouble receiving sms verification codes?

My complaint was in relation to the new system and webtext that has no contacts list available anymore. You have to type in (from memory) anyone you want to send a webtext to, as there's no longer any access to a phone book.

I got a reply finally - after 3 days - to say they were sorry I didn't like the new system but it was now 'upgraded' and so, basically, tough! An upgrade that dissuades anyone from using webtext unless they have the memory of an elephant.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

Wait do people actually still send web texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I haven't sent a web text since WhatsApp came about. But there are still quite a few people that use the web texts.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

My complaint was in relation to the new system and webtext that has no contacts list available anymore. You have to type in (from memory) anyone you want to send a webtext to, as there's no longer any access to a phone book.

I got a reply finally - after 3 days - to say they were sorry I didn't like the new system but it was now 'upgraded' and so, basically, tough! An upgrade that dissuades anyone from using webtext unless they have the memory of an elephant.

The new system also removes information that was provided on 1741 and by texting BAL to 50233 so you're now forced to go to the app instead. Too bad if you don't have a smartphone or are out of data coverage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

1741 and BAL 50233 still works here, what response arrives on the new system from those numbers?

Quackster wrote: »
    The new system also removes information that was provided on 1741 and by texting BAL to 50233 so you're now forced to go to the app instead. Too bad if you don't have a smartphone or are out of data coverage.

Didn’t realised that :-s They have removed their iOS app to a number of countries Apps Store and are refusing to publish it again. While annoying it was kind of OK with these numbers, but if they’re gone it will be a serious annoyance.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,743 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Ten Pin wrote: »
    1741 and BAL 50233 still works here, what response arrives on the new system from those numbers?

I think most PAYG customers are still on the old system.

On the new system, texting BAL to 50233 only returns your cash balance. No info on any allowances, add-ons etc.

Dialing 1741 only gives you options to top up by voucher or card. It doesn't even read out your cash balance, not to mention allowances, add-ons etc.

Also, on the new system the app looks very different. And much worse in my opinion; the old version is a lot cleaner and easier to navigate.

• Advertisement

shanec1928 wrote: »
    Wait do people actually still send web texts?

I still correspond with some older family members/friends via webtext. I simply cannot get them to switch to WhatsApp and some have no smartphones anyway, unfortunately.

I was able to use Jelly SMS via PC on Vodafone until the new system broke it with the 'I'm not a Robot' captcha. Swift SMS won't work for me either now, so I'll have to make a list to cut and paste the relevant phone numbers into the Vodafone app every time.

It will probably make me change to another provider soon ...

After hammering Vodafone with tweets, calls and FB messages, they finally called me back last night and acknowledged that there is a problem with some customers not receiving verification codes. They don't have a time frame as to when the issue will be resolved though.

I'll give it another week and if its not sorted I'll move to another network (although I really don't want to lose the Vodafone student plan that I am on)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭shanec1928

I still correspond with some older family members/friends via webtext. I simply cannot get them to switch to WhatsApp and some have no smartphones anyway, unfortunately.

I was able to use Jelly SMS via PC on Vodafone until the new system broke it with the 'I'm not a Robot' captcha. Swift SMS won't work for me either now, so I'll have to make a list to cut and paste the relevant phone numbers into the Vodafone app every time.

It will probably make me change to another provider soon ...
    assuming your on Vodafone x since your posting in this thread.you have unlimited texts so why even use web texts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

i had problems monday topping up. took credit but didn't apply it to my account.. but got text to say it had. eventually after 40 mins on chat i had it applied yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Vodafone webtext to international numbers are free whereas interational SMS from a phone are not included in bundles

shanec1928 wrote: »
    assuming your on Vodafone x since your posting in this thread.you have unlimited texts so why even use web texts?

I don't keep Vodafone X going every month - I don't need it. I use basic PAYG and wifi at home for most of the year. Also, as Ten Pin said, I need some international texts, which aren't included.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

any update on the verification text issue?

BArra wrote: »

No news. They replied to one on my tweets yesterday (days after I posted) just saying it is a known issue and they are working on it.

After about a week this is not very impressive an answer :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Also BAL to 50233 no longer works for me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Pauly26

BArra wrote: »

Ptsb is working again for me

Advertisement