Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Is anyone disagreeing that Trump asked foreign governments to investigate political rivals? I'm not sure where we are on this. I can't remember if we're at the "He didn't do it" phase or the "He did it but it's totally cool" phase. Maybe we're on both?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,141 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm glad you posted that, as it shows how removed from reality the left are, including mainstream entertainment, which of course leftists have the monopoly on. Used to love American late night, and liberals have ruined it, it's now largely leftist propaganda, but that's another thread.

Sondland, clearly, sees from the texts that Taylor is wrong (/has an agenda) and so after informing him that Trump has been crystal clear re quid-pro-quos, he tells him that if he still has concerns, phone two other people that are also working on the talks.

Sondland was meeting with Zelensky (and Volker) the next day and so I'm sure he had other things to be doing rather than having a pointless back and forth with this chap who it seems there was no talking to. Only leftists could read into him delegating the call as him actually saying "I Think We Should Stop Texting About the Crimes".

Ever notice how you all have to keep making inferences all the time about what people have said, and it's never the actual words that anyone has that you are complaining about, just what they must have meant. Doesn't that tell you something eventually?

:rolleyes:

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭Annurca Apples

"I think China should investigate Biden" is not a request for China to investigate Biden. He is just expressing what he thinks they should do. Now obviously you can interpret that as a request. But you can't prove that it's a request so he hasn't broken any laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Is anyone disagreeing that Trump asked foreign governments to investigate political rivals? I'm not sure where we are on this. I can't remember if we're at the "He didn't do it" phase or the "He did it but it's totally cool" phase. Maybe we're on both?

Is context irrelevant? We are all too aware of the tongue-in-cheek nature of his hyperbole.
    It’s a familiar split. When he makes claims like this, the press takes him literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally.
    The Atlantic

• Site Banned Posts: 66 ✭✭Annurca Apples

It seems to be common to make false inferences from statements that Trump makes.

For example, Trump said that when you're a celebrity you can grab women by the pussy and they let you.

People on the left then conclude that he therefore admitted to sexual assault. Either they are brain dead and don't understand basic logic or their motives are to twist words to suit their agenda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Is anyone disagreeing that Biden bragged about how when he was Vice President he used $1billion in US aid as leverage to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, whilst at the same time also suggesting that the president at the time, Obama, would be okay with him doing so? I'm not sure where we are on this. I can't remember if we're at the "He didn't do it" phase or the "He did it but it's totally cool" phase. Maybe we're on both?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

Is anyone disagreeing that Biden bragged about how when he was Vice President he used $1billion in US aid as leverage to get a Ukrainian prosecutor fired, whilst at the same time also suggesting that the president at the time, Obama, would be okay with him doing so? I'm not sure where we are on this. I can't remember if we're at the "He didn't do it" phase or the "He did it but it's totally cool" phase. Maybe we're on both?

I have seen that clip where he says that. But it seems there was international agreement and support for this action, or am I wrong? For me this definitely lightens the crime considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

It seems to be common to make false inferences from statements that Trump makes.

You'd be here all day if you were to make a list ...

They've spent three years exaggerating / deliberately misrepresenting relatively innocuous comments he has made in order to make him out to be: a nazi, a misogynist, a russian agent, a white supremacist, corrupt, treasonous etc etc. Not once has accuracy accompanied their outrage, which is why of course, they keep falling flat on their face.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,585 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Overheal wrote: »
    We know the call wasn’t made up

We know Schiff was paraphrasing when he made that statement

And?
    Had he said 'dig up dirt' I could see where you are coming from. But 'make up dirt' is too far removed to call it paraphrasing.

Silly from Schiff to do it, and create a Trump-friendly talking point, when Trump is in trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly, you won't get a reply to this. It's all deflect, deflect, deflect, copy and paste the main points from the_donal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

I could believe the Joe Biden theory as something other than a manufactured controversy if there was noise made about it at the time. Am I supposed to believe that Joe Biden did something improper as VP and the Republicans at the time didn't make a big deal about it? Have people just forgotten the relationship between Republicans and the Obama administration?

Needless to say, this doesn't change the fact that Trump asked foreign governments to investigate political rivals and the evidence coming out is simply confirming it. The early denials have now turned into deflections about Biden and Schiff.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭SJW Lover

Overheal, you're quoting the transcript as if it supports what you're saying, but it doesn't, quite the contrary in fact (the above two quotes are her doing what you're saying she didn't).

Ah here, now you're twisting what Pelosi said as you know you're wrong. Pelosi at no stage said that Schiff's parody was "based on..." Trump's words, she clearly said the parody was "USING" the president's words. 'Using' and 'based on' and two different things.

She's also saying Schiff did not "make it up" and we all know damn well that he did, as Trump at no stage asked Zelensky to "make up dirt .. lots of it" on Biden during that call.

Here is the clip on GMA's own Twitter page:

https://twitter.com/GMA/status/1179717036047421440

Admit you're wrong ffs.

:pac:

Overheal never ceases to crack me up :pac:

Overheal wrote: »
    Your alt-right crowd

Caught out and here comes the ad hominems :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,172 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I could believe the Joe Biden theory as something other than a manufactured controversy if there was noise made about it at the time. Am I supposed to believe that Joe Biden did something improper as VP and the Republicans at the time didn't make a big deal about it? Have people just forgotten the relationship between Republicans and the Obama administration?

And still to this day republicans are remarkably silent about this disgraceful, potentially criminal act. I wonder why that is?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 42 johnmc76

The sad reality is the Republicans are cowards when it comes to these. Mostly because they're guilty of the same. Which is despite all the WWE theatrics nobody ever gets punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I have seen that clip where he says that. But it seems there was international agreement and support for this action, or am I wrong? For me this definitely lightens the crime considerably.

That’s what they want you to believe. There has been a lot of info coming out of Ukraine and the Obama administration of late.

There is a massive coverup about Ukraine and it’s not from Trump.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...krainian-government-torpedo-joe-bidens-story/

Within a week of Shokin’s firing, Burisma’s legal team met with Ukrainian officials and according to the Ukrainian government’s official memo of the meeting, offered “an apology for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about the Ukrainian prosecutor. Solomon reports that the legal team’s efforts to secure this meeting began the same day Shokin’s firing was announced

If you have half an hour this is worth a watch goes into some detail about the call. About Obama’s policy in Ukraine and China.

Don’t forget. All the gains made by Russia and China were under Obama’s watch.

Don’t forget that when Ukraine needed weapons Obama sent them blankets. It was Trump who sent weapons to Ukraine.

Don’t forget it was Obama who told Putin that he would be more flexible after the 2012 election.

Don’t forget that it was Obama’s administration who knew of Russian meddling but colluded with Hillary to spy on candidate Trump. Two officials who helped in Ukraine were tried and found guilty.

FLASHBACK: ABC's Jon Karl Asked Obama WH About "Appearance Of A Conflict" With Hunter Biden And Ukraine In 2014

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/29/flashback_abcs_jon_karl_asked_obama_wh_about_appearance_of_a_conflict_with_hunter_biden_and_ukraine_in_2014.html

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is ODS (Obama dereangement syndrome) a thing?

mad muffin wrote: »
    That’s what they want you to believe. There has been a lot of info coming out of Ukraine and the Obama administration of late.

There is a massive coverup about Ukraine and it’s not from Trump.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...krainian-government-torpedo-joe-bidens-story/

Within a week of Shokin’s firing, Burisma’s legal team met with Ukrainian officials and according to the Ukrainian government’s official memo of the meeting, offered “an apology for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about the Ukrainian prosecutor. Solomon reports that the legal team’s efforts to secure this meeting began the same day Shokin’s firing was announced

If you have half an hour this is worth a watch goes into some detail about the call. About Obama’s policy in Ukraine and China.

Don’t forget. All the gains made by Russia and China were under Obama’s watch.

Don’t forget that when Ukraine needed weapons Obama sent them blankets. It was Trump who sent weapons to Ukraine.

Don’t forget it was Obama who told Putin that he wild be more flexible after the 2012 election.

Don’t forget that it was Obama’s administration who knew of Russian meddling but colluded with Hillary to spy on candidate Trump. Two officials who helped in Ukraine were tried and found guilty.

FLASHBACK: ABC's Jon Karl Asked Obama WH About "Appearance Of A Conflict" With Hunter Biden And Ukraine In 2014

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2019/09/29/flashback_abcs_jon_karl_asked_obama_wh_about_appearance_of_a_conflict_with_hunter_biden_and_ukraine_in_2014.html

This whole thing is going to backfire spectacularly (as usual) for the Dems

duploelabs wrote: »

Obama is on camera telling the evilest man in the world Putin that he would be more flexible in his second term. Hard to be deranged about what is on film coming out of his mouth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Woodsie1

duploelabs wrote: »

No

• Advertisement

The MSM will tell you there’s nothing to see here about the Democrats. It’s all Trump. But what don’t they want you to know?

https://twitter.com/NextRevFNC/status/1181025883076857856

https://twitter.com/NextRevFNC/status/1181026344207048704

https://twitter.com/NextRevFNC/status/1181024751982174208

The commentary is very revealing.

https://youtu.be/7buvHLpDHmU

This is what happens when someone who isn’t vested in the swamp is elected. He’s going to reveal all their dirty secrets. And the swamp is striking back.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭The Phantom Jipper

Trump is being impeached because he asked the Ukrainians to investigate a political opponent, and used taxpayer funds as leverage to get them to do so. His own public statements and transcript confirm this.

The endless Twitter links and conspiracy theory videos explaining "the real scandal" are unnecessary. It really is an open and shut case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

The endless Twitter links and conspiracy theory videos explaining "the real scandal" are unnecessary. It really is an open and shut case.

And the poster has been asked many times to stop the YouTube dumping FYI.

Trump is being impeached because he asked the Ukrainians to investigate a political opponent, and used taxpayer funds as leverage to get them to do so. His own public statements and transcript confirm this.

First of all he’s not being impeached.

Second you are simply spreading lies.

Third. When you invoke the “conspiracy theories” card you have lost any of the little credibility you have.

Despite the MSM and Democrats best efforts the truth will out.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

And he came out and did it again on camera, saying the US has tremendous power to make China do what it wants, and 30 seconds later telling them to investigate the Bidens.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭Cody montana

mad muffin wrote: »
    First of all he’s not being impeached.

Second you are simply spreading lies.

Third. When you invoke the “conspiracy theories” card you have lost any of the little credibility you have.

Despite the MSM and Democrats best efforts the truth will out.

Indeed and trump will go to prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,865 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Indeed and trump will go to prison.

Next term aside. The GOP are such a complete mess they won't find him guilty in an impeachment trial - the defense they are putting up at the minute is as laughable as it is shameful. Trump gets his Not Guilty - Witch Hunt.

The only way Trump is relinquishing the White House now is if he "voluntarily" does it. That will come with a pardon from Pence - so no prison.

If he were to leave there would be deals and assurances all over the shop which would insure he goes back to his life without prosecution. I have a sense he no longer wants the job he didn't really want in the first place and if he can control his exit he will.

American politics has always been a slow moving train crash, Trump has stepped on the accelerator, very interesting time to live through all the same.

If he stays on, I would not rule out a 2nd term. The Dems have had 3 odd years to get their act together, I think it is the most divided I have ever seen them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    Did some research.. "Pinocchio could only have told 13 lies before his nose became so long his neck would have broken, scientists have concluded."

How many lies is trump currently on?
    One has to wonder if, as the democrats and media claim, their numerous cases against Trump are so strong, why do they find it necessary to continually lie and make things up about him?

Trumps presidency in a nutshell…
    https://vimeo.com/362919470

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

If that bites him then Trumps appointments of his daughter, son in law etc into top positions should definitely be used against him
    In your dreams.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Advertisement

Someone get this lunatic out of the white house before it's too late.
    It will happen, don't fret, in about 6 years.

Advertisement