Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

President Donald Trump - Formal Impeachment Inquiry Announced

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

Cause I'm a white supremacist, like all Trump supporters.

Fair enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Fair enough.

Ha yeah! I thought it was more of I've defended him so long I don't want to back down. As opposed to actually being in support of the racist stuff :)

Trump is all over the twitter machine today! How is he getting any golfing done?!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180559858699030529

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1180564696979648513

Crooked hillary comes from that Cambridge analytics scandal doesn't it?

Take the phone off him!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,616 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Someone get this lunatic out of the white house before it's too late.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,896 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I saw nothing wrong with transcript from that call with Ukraine Pressy . What Schiff was quoting i'll never know, but it wasn't that transcript. He made up so much of it, and read it like it was word for word, adding in ''and I quote'' to make it seem real
    Trump '' the car is yellow, and it's 1985 with black leather''
    Schiff '' the car was red, the trunk was full of cocaine and the driver had 1 million in cash on him''

Like WTF

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,410 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Even if the phone call never happened he has suggested foreign powers investigate a rival on camera. He's so smart and has the best words so he must be playing the long game as taken from any other angle his actions are moronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Veritas Libertas

I can't believe Adam Schiff thought he'd get away with this. That man is devoid of any character or integrity.

This sheds a whole new light on the Mueller inquiry for me and why Mueller himself was so hostile towards him. Schiff is a scumbag of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,189 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Get away with what exactly?

• Registered Users Posts: 82,259 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Breaking news: 2nd whistleblower with first hand knowledge of material in the first whistleblower report.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/breaking-second-whistleblower-comes-forward-on-trump-ukraine-conversations/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Overheal wrote: »
    Breaking news: 2nd whistleblower with first hand knowledge of material in the first whistleblower report.

https://www.mediaite.com/trump/breaking-second-whistleblower-comes-forward-on-trump-ukraine-conversations/

Trump is going to explode!
    Lol

• Advertisement

Also great SNL last night regarding the texts

https://www.mediaite.com/entertainment/saturday-night-live-again-takes-on-impeachment-inquiry-i-think-we-should-stop-texting-about-the-crimes/

“I think we should stop texting about the crimes”

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

source.gif

He's done. He knows it now. He's going to start taking down people with him.

Whistleblower-one’s lawyer now confirms he is representing multiple US officials on this matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/whistleblowers-attorney-says-team-now-representing-multiple-officials/2019/10/06/18b48fec-e83d-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

This isn’t even related to the treasury inspector general investigating a separate whistleblower complaint that there is political interference occurring with the audit of the POTUS

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

source.gif

He's done. He knows it now. He's going to start taking down people with him.

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

So you have Biden strong arming Ukraine.

You have his son with Ukrainian gas all over his nose.

You have Kerry’s son in there too

And now the bow on top… Pelosi’s son has ties to Ukraine. And Pelosi is also on video endorsing him.

Schiff lies to Congress by reading out a fake transcript

Schiff lies on TV that “we” never had contact with the whistle blower.

Pelosi let’s slip on 60 minutes that she already knew about this. Hence jumping the gun on this “authorised impeachment inquiry”.

Pelosi then also on ABC say that the transcript Schiff read was word for word what Trump said in the phone call.

Nothing to see here folks(wink). It’s Trump!

source.gif

Whistleblower-one’s lawyer now confirms he is representing multiple US officials on this matter.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/whistleblowers-attorney-says-team-now-representing-multiple-officials/2019/10/06/18b48fec-e83d-11e9-9306-47cb0324fd44_story.html

This isn’t even related to the treasury inspector general investigating a separate whistleblower complaint that there is political interference occurring with the audit of the POTUS

Ukraine whistleblower’s lawyers work for group that offers to pay officials who leak against Trump

Yeah… not suspicious at all. Lol.

mad muffin wrote: »

Law firms solicit complainants all the time. They even do it on television. Are you Irish? Perhaps you weren't aware how the US legal system works in practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,262 ✭✭✭Cody montana

source.gif

source.gif

source.gif

And now the bow on top… Pelosi’s son has ties to Ukraine. And Pelosi is also on video endorsing him.

Pelosi let’s slip on 60 minutes that she already knew about this. Hence jumping the gun on this “authorised impeachment inquiry”.

Pelosi then also on 60 minutes say that the transcript Schiff read was word for word what Trump said in the phone call.

Nothing to see here folks(wink). It’s Trump!

source.gif

Look over here. ————>

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Law firms solicit complainants all the time. They even do it on television. Are you Irish? Perhaps you weren't aware how the US legal system works in practice.

Don’t forget Obama’s administration colluding with Hillary in conjunction with Ukrainian to interfere in the 2016 election.

Those that colluded in Ukraine went on trial and are now in prison. There even a tape of them discussing it.

Trump is gathering all the evidence. They are running scared.

https://www.redstate.com/elizabeth-...krainian-government-torpedo-joe-bidens-story/

Within a week of Shokin’s firing, Burisma’s legal team met with Ukrainian officials and according to the Ukrainian government’s official memo of the meeting, offered “an apology for dissemination of false information by U.S. representatives and public figures” about the Ukrainian prosecutor. Solomon reports that the legal team’s efforts to secure this meeting began the same day Shokin’s firing was announced.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Look over here. ————>

Because over here there are now multiple whistleblowers. :-)
    Deflect deflect deflect ad nauseam.

• Advertisement

At the behest of the GOP, State Department, EU, and IMF

Translation for normal people: he joined a company in Ukraine, Burisma, years after it underwent investigation for tax schemes.

Lost me here. And the relevance?

In case you hasn't noticed: everyone has ties to Ukraine - including Trump. Flynn? Popadopalous? It's almost as if Crimea was annexed by a world power and Ukraine suddenly became an important relationship to NATO. :rolleyes:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speech_or_Debate_Clause

Used to spectacularly tasteless effect by both parties.

Schiff made it clear the committee had not impaneled the Whistleblower. The IC Whistleblower-1 contacted a House Intelligence Committee staffer as federal whistleblowers are trained to do (especially as it pertains to the IC): https://www.dni.gov/ICIG-Whistleblower/process-how.html

See above
    Pelosi then also on 60 minutes say that the transcript Schiff read was word for word what Trump said in the phone call.

Where did she say that? Here is the 60 minutes video, and the full transcript. Couldn't substantiate your claim: https://www.cbsnews.com/news/nancy-pelosi-on-trump-impeachment-inquiry-ukraine-president-phone-call-and-the-whistleblower-in-60-minutes-interview/

Don’t forget Obama’s administration colluding with Hillary in conjunction with Ukrainian to interfere in the 2016 election.

You're peddling conspiratorial gaslighting nonsense. Obama has nothing to do with Trump's impeachment, Obama had nothing to do with Trump's political investigation - he only targeted Joe Biden.

I see you've relegated your contributions in this thread to The Peanut Gallery. Hello up there

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

Sorry it was ABC not 60 minutes.

Pelosi Falsely Says Adam Schiff’s Interpretation Of Ukraine Transcript Was ‘The President’s Own Words’

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/03/pelosi-schiff-ukraine-transcript-real/

You're peddling conspiratorial gaslighting nonsense. Obama has nothing to do with Trump's impeachment, Obama had nothing to do with Trump's political investigation - he only targeted Joe Biden.

Yeah sure no worries.

Look let’s be honest here. You don’t care for the truth. Just your truth. So good luck with that. We’ll see how it all works out ;)

I had the wrong transcript so;

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/transcript-abc-news-george-stephanopoulos-exclusive-interview-speaker/story?id=66061278

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: You talk about the dignity with which you handle this. You've seen the president's tweets. You've heard Republican's-- Leader McCarthy wants to censure Adam Schiff. I know you support Chairman Schiff. But-- was it-- was it right for him to have that dramatic-- reading of the president's-- interpretation of the president's-- transcript of the phone call at the hearing last week? Did that follow the kind of process you want?

NANCY PELOSI: I want the American people to know what that phone call was about. I want them to hear it on their-- on their iPhone or whatever. I want them to see it visually. Because this was an absolute betrayal of the American people, this phone call. It was a betrayal of our national security, it was a betrayal of the integrity of elections, it was a betrayal of our Constitution. So yeah, it's fair. It's sad. But it's using the president's own words. So if he's--

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Well, those weren't the president's words. It was an interpretation of the president's words.

NANCY PELOSI: Well, it was a-- you mean, the-- the note? The notes from the call, is that what you're telling me?

GEORGE STEPHANOPOULOS: Yeah, when Adam Schiff went before the committee and said, "This is what the president was saying in essence." And it was-- basically a dramatic reading. They're saying he made this up.

NANCY PELOSI: He did not make it up. And-- and-- look, I want to tell you something. When I took the oath of office to support and defend the Constitution, as my colleagues have done as well, I did not say, "I will do this as long as the Republicans can understand the Constitution." So the fact that their loyalty is to Trump and not to the Constitution is not going to slow down-- or impair our ability to keep the republic-- keep the republic. And again as I've said, all those things that the president's about are for the election. That he's a coward when it comes to gun safety for our children, that he's cruel when it comes to Dreamers, when he's in denial when it comes to the climate crisis and the rest. When he-- the list goes on and on. Save that for the election. That's where you have that debate. That has nothing to do with this discussion. This discussion is about the facts of what happened and the Constitution and how it violates it.

She doesn't say it was word for word. She doesn't even disagree with Stephanopoulos that it was the saying in essence; "They're saying he made this up." "He did not make it up." The nature of the call and the essence if you prefer is based on "the president's own words."

Yeah sure no worries.

Look let’s be honest here. You don’t care for the truth. Just your truth. So good luck with that. We’ll see how it all works out ;)

Your truth is based on little peppery one-liners "oh look Kerry is involved in this too somehow! I have no links!"

Sorry it was ABC not 60 minutes.

Pelosi Falsely Says Adam Schiff’s Interpretation Of Ukraine Transcript Was ‘The President’s Own Words’

https://dailycaller.com/2019/10/03/pelosi-schiff-ukraine-transcript-real/

See its not so hard to support your argument with evidence.

I can see why you didn't share it at first though, because at no point does she say it was a word for word reenactment.

• Advertisement

See its not so hard to support your argument with evidence.

I can see why you didn't share it at first though, because at no point does she say it was a word for word reenactment.

Sure…

Let’s get one thing absolutely clear. I’m not here to try and convince anyone. Especially a Trump hater.

Advertisement