Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2019 World Athletics Championships, Doha

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Jesus Cram is full of it tonight.. Saying Nanyondo looking tired, then sayi g she pushed Hull....

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

I like Muir hope she medals.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Itziger wrote: »
    To be fair, Ciara will be doing well to get in the top 8 or thereabouts. That very fast 2nd semi might take a bit out of the legs of some of those in it though.

She’ll do really well to get in the top 8 and I think she knows that herself.

She correctly said in an interview with Off The Ball during the Summer that her aim was to reach the final because anything can happen, especially in the 1500.

It ultimately depends on how fast the final is as well. If it’s slow then it’s a lottery really.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,618 ✭✭✭✭walshb

If these girls push hard in the final I can’t see Ciara staying near them...

Hope for a slow race, and a couple fallers !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Murph_D wrote: »
    Interesting race. She was lucky enough to survive.

There was nothing lucky about it. A class run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Don’t get me wrong. I’m a fan and delighted for her.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

Doesn't look like it!

She was in complete control in her 2 races. She raced very well, she's a very god chance of a top 7 finish on Sat.

She has looked very strong. Cant wait now.

Chivito550 wrote: »
    There was nothing lucky about it. A class run.

100% agree. She ran a super race. Looked compose and in control of what she was doing.

The final will be a different race altogether. Looks like Muir Hassan and Simpson will fight out the medals...

Will be interesting to see what tactics Muir uses.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,674 ✭✭✭4Ad

Nasser...wow ! Didn't think she'd hold on...

• Advertisement

wow what a run by naser

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

The 2nd heat was v fast some running close to their limit, the 1st heat was 700 warm up and 800m race.

Its gonna b v interesting final, will the 3 east africans go flying off in the final only to set up Hassan for a v fast time. Houlihane 2nd and and Muir 3rd.

Ciara will have to go close 4 to get inside the top 8.

You said she could have easily lost out to McDonald when Mageean was running away from her. It wasn’t even close.

There was nothing ‘lucky’ about that run. She was a comfortable qualifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,114 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Insane race by Naser. Miller-Uibo can't believe she ran so fast and lost.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,135 ✭✭✭rom

nannerby wrote: »
    wow what a run by naser

She was so relaxed in her face.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Wow! What a time from Naser!

"Unbelievable" repeatedly being said on TV commentary.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭skyblue46

Nasser....3rd fastest time in history! Nothing to see here! Up there with Koch and Kratochvilova. Records that nobody would ever get near again. No wonder Miller Uibo looked shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Choochtown

Her previous PB was 49.08!!

wow what a run by naser

Wow is right.
    The look on Miller Uibo face... completely shocked

• Registered Users Posts: 13,307 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

:eek: :eek: :eek: 3rd fastest time ever

• Advertisement

And only 21 yrs old

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭liamoreilly

...Thompson about to win gold in the heptathlon in a few minutes , and could even break 7000 points...She really has been dominant, always liked her but never thought she would get the better of Thiem...

...Thompson about to win gold in the heptathlon in a few minutes , and could even break 7000 points...She really has been dominant, always liked her but never thought she would get the better of Thiem...

Delight to see her win.. seems a lovely girl.. down to earth.. she's after getting mentally stronger over the last 12 month.. Thiem injury may not have helped her cause but Thompson looked to have too much on her

• Registered Users Posts: 10,420 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

Faugheen wrote: »
    You said she could have easily lost out to McDonald when Mageean was running away from her. It wasn’t even close.

There was nothing ‘lucky’ about that run. She was a comfortable qualifier.

I dont think it was a ‘lucky’ run. There’s no such thing. Bad choice of words. But in the sense that it could easily have gone the other way for fifth place in a slow race, I think she will be relieved to have survived. That’s all.

McDonald went from 1st to 6th in final 200 or so. Ciara went from 2nd to 5th. She ran well in lap 3 when things started to heat up. But the four runners who went past on the straight were the ones in control. Ciara was in control of the race against McDonald (ultimately the one that mattered most), but not the others!

Just not getting carried away, is all. Well done to her.

https://twitter.com/irishathletics/status/1179861617766481920?s=21

To her credit, her confidence levels since leaving Jerry Kiernan have sky rocketed. No surprise when your coach would criticise you on television before even talking to you.

Faugheen wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/irishathletics/status/1179861617766481920?s=21

To her credit, her confidence levels since leaving Jerry Kiernan have sky rocketed. No surprise when your coach would criticise you on television before even talking to you.

its a pity I cant like that post more than once.

Great performance from her, 63 opening lap 64 2nd lap... gave it a real go to get 7000 points

Is this British team their most likable team in a long long time?

Is this British team their most likable team in a long long time?

Hard to top this squad..... hero's one and all

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/1202701/london-2012-olympics-greatest-day-super-saturday-voted-the-greatest-sporting-moment-of-all-time-2/

• Advertisement

Advertisement