Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

2019 World Athletics Championships, Doha

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭nannerby

Yes Gaby did really well there wouldn't accept his crap and kept calling him out on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ceepo

What a race that was from Jacob, unfortunately came up short.. certainly gave it everything he had.. hard to believe he's still a kid..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,392 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

What was with the amount of jostling and tripping that went on. That'd break you're stride too. He was involved in at least 3 incidents there

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ceepo

Itziger wrote: »
    There's an Ethiopian community there it seems and of course they're more interested in the distance events. Biggish crowd on the night of the women's 10,00 for example. Little interest in sprints.

At least there some atmosphere in the stadium tonight

• Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Did anyone see that coming from Edris?!

Hard luck on Jakob there, but I'm not too concerned about him. Future champion at this distance I feel. I just hope he hasn't f*cked himself over for the 1500.

Brilliant race from Coburn, as good as she could've hoped for. Silver medal and (I think) a PB? But holy sh*t how about Gesa Krause! Brilliant bronze medal and another huge PB. I know she's won bronze before but this one means a lot more. Very happy!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,246 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

Lordy, thought Wilson was gonna end up with nothing there. Also thought Nakaayi was gonna shove her off the track! Not too surprised about the winner though, she looked great in the heats.

Men's 400m hurdles upcoming, will the WR go down?

Very strange end to the women's high jump. The Ukranian packing it in without a failed attempt.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

Apols for barging in, how come some competitors are not representing a country and what is the deal with that ?

IAMAMORON wrote: »
    Apols for barging in, how come some competitors are not representing a country and what is the deal with that ?

Russia are banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,925 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Really thought wed end up with a sub 47 to win that 400m hurdles. Happy that Warholm won though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭grimbergen

Very strange end to the women's high jump. The Ukranian packing it in without a failed attempt.

Can someone explain that one to me - why didn't she have a go? It was shot at gold with nothing to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Bring the World Championships to East Africa! Ethiopians, Kenyans and Ugandans created a great atmosphere on the back straight tonight. Non stop singing. All 3 won a gold so everyone went home happy. Tonight was a great evening, something these championships in Doha really needed.

Hindsight is a great thing but if they had a distance final at the end of every night that would guarantee the most passionate fans stayed til the very end. There will be some bad nights to come but there will be a few more like tonight too.

Only complaint was the Ethiopians chanting when the 200m runners were in their blocks. The other 2 groups seemed quiet during this but I was further away from them at the time so not certain.

Excellent night of athletics. Credit where credit is due.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Caprica

I know there aren’t to many fans there to watch but I’ve really enjoyed the last few nights of athletics. Great performances in the field events. An outstanding women’s PV, fantastic high jumping from Lasitskene and great long and triple jumps from the men.

I had expected Wilson to win the 800 at a canter but she came up short, a few more meters and Rogers would have got it but I was glad for the Ugandan. I was glad to see Warholm win but I expected a faster time. The 5k was great, Jacob really went for it. Delighted for Krause in the steeple.

You have to wonder about the IAAF officials who voted for Doha.

What a time for this story to drop, Alberto Salazar given a four year athletics ban for doping violations.

I wonder how Hassan feels about doing that 10k/1500m double now :o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,694 ✭✭✭Chivito550

What a time for this story to drop, Alberto Salazar given a four year athletics ban for doping violations.

I wonder how Hassan feels about doing that 10k/1500m double now :o

https://touch.boards.ie/thread/2058019479/1/#post111392652

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭echat

Shakima Wimbley (US) reinstated in the Women's 400m despite touching the line. Don't know what the basis of the decision was but we have seen less fortunate athletes who gained no advantage from touching it and remained disqualified.

Really good night of athletics delighted for the Ugandan 800 metre athlete she was just so happy with her win.Strange finish to the high jump tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Championship and World records times not shown on screen is a pain. Don't know if they are close or not. Especially for the 400m hurdles final, was thinking a record could be broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

grimbergen wrote: »
    Can someone explain that one to me - why didn't she have a go? It was shot at gold with nothing to lose?

+1

Why gave LASITSKENE the ability to move the bar to 2.08 instead of 2.06?

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭horsebox1977

grimbergen wrote: »

How does someone (Russian) qualify as a ANA athlete?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

How does someone (Russian) qualify as a ANA athlete?

Proof of regular independent testing (from non Russian Affiliated labs)
    No connections to coaches implicated in Russian setup
    undisclosed criteria set down by Doping Review board

How much scrutiny should Mo Salah now come under, has he been doping?

Not being smart but there is another thread after being started that deals with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,834 ✭✭✭OOnegative

More apt over in the soccer forum. Mo Salah isn’t a runner.

OOnegative wrote: »
    More apt over in the soccer forum. Mo Salah isn’t a runner.

Oops what a howler, apols etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭4Ad

Gemili gutted, 4th again..seems like a nice fella...

• Registered Users Posts: 54,432 ✭✭✭✭walshb

4Ad wrote: »
    Gemili gutted, 4th again..seems like a nice fella...

Just not good enough. MJ nailed it..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

800m was a mad race. Vazquez is nuts. Brazier ran a good race. The entire field was spread out like a 10k race.

Feel sorry for Gemili. He does have it in him to take a medal. 200 is a long way to sprint flat out. He tied up badly.

Watched the 400 heats earlier. Norman and Kerley look ominously good. Good to see Kirani James back running decent.

Pole vault and 800metres were great tonight.Poor Gemili he was almost crying in the post race interview hope he eventually gets a global medal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 946 ✭✭✭KSU

Unfortunate, normally a strong finisher just seemed to tie up trying to force it when Lyles and De Grasse came up on him. Lyles looked very smooth crossing the line, stayed calm after a relatively modest start.

Credit to Julian and Brazier. That American record has been holding on for dear life in recent times. Doing it in Championships when it counts.

Advertisement