Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you ever talked to a stranger

Options
  • 02-10-2019 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,716 ✭✭✭✭
    Ms

via Skype, facetime etc?

How did you get on and did they remain strangers or did it go further friendship/ relationship etc?

Disclaimer,
    Just being a nosy fecker and no I am not thinking about or doing that at the moment and do not use any applications like that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,754 ✭✭✭Deebles McBeebles

Yes. I recently had the "pleasure" of meeting someone. We met on Boards actually. A gentle ribbing soon became a string of PMs. It moved on to phone calls, Skype and many, many Whatsapp conversations. After a couple of weeks we became quite close and would talk a lot.

I managed to talk her into meeting me and we went for a coffee. I couldn't believe what I saw when we met. She was actually as beautiful as I thought she would be. Alas, her face belied the darkness in her soul. I cannot stress enough how bad a person this woman turned out to be. Horrific. I would just say for everyone to be careful and to make absolutely sure the online persona matches the reality.

Yes. I recently had the "pleasure" of meeting someone. We met on Boards actually. A gentle ribbing soon became a sting of PMs. It moved on to phone calls, Skype and many, many Whatsapp conversations. After a couple of weeks we became quite close and would talk a lot.

I managed to talk her into meeting me and we went for a coffee. I couldn't believe what I saw when we met. She was actually as beautiful as I thought she would be. Alas, her face belied the darkness in her soul. I cannot stress enough how bad a person this woman turned out to be. Horrific. I would just say for everyone to be careful and to make absolutely sure the online persona matches the reality.

Really??

• Registered Users Posts: 13,085 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^^ Do we get any hints?? In case she lands in someone else's PM box obviously..

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

It was actually just me in a wig.

But seriously is this real Deebles?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,616 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Yes. I recently had the "pleasure" of meeting someone. We met on Boards actually. A gentle ribbing soon became a sting of PMs. It moved on to phone calls, Skype and many, many Whatsapp conversations. After a couple of weeks we became quite close and would talk a lot.

I'm sure she was equally delighted to meet you too, you seem incredibly charming and "nice".

No doubt her beautiful face is now a tear streaked mess as she searches her dark soul for comfort, and yearns for a second chance to meet your approval ...

^^ Do we get any hints?? In case she lands in someone else's PM box obviously..

I am so curious now! I mean are we talking crazy bad or malicious bad or what? How did this badness manifest? And most importantly who is she! So many questions.

I'm sure she was equally delighted to meet you too, you seem incredibly charming and "nice".

No doubt her beautiful face is now a tear streaked mess as she searches her dark soul for comfort, and yearns for a second chance to meet your approval ...

Was it yourself? And the pair of you are now having a bit of a joke?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,737 ✭✭✭Yer Da sells Avon

giphy.gif

Did you at least get the hide your baton with her, Deebs?

• Advertisement

Yeah, nice one. I was keeping you out of it but you just had to get your jabs in. FFS. If only that humour matched the rest of your personality.

Really??

Unfortunately, Perse.

Yes, teaching English to students overseas. Some friendships last to this day.
    Was Deebles McBeebles one of your students? Did you meet him? Are you a beautiful woman?

Was it yourself? And the pair of you are now having a bit of a joke?

I'm not crippled with bitterness, Perse. The same can't be said for everyone though.

AMKC wrote: »
    via Skype, facetime etc?

How did you get on and did they remain strangers or did it go further friendship/ relationship etc?

Disclaimer,
    Just being a nosy fecker and no I am not thinking about or doing that at the moment and do not use any applications like that.
    Has this thread gone as you had hoped so far AMKC?

Oh shít, this seems real. Sorry for making fun, I thought it was a joke.

I'm not crippled with bitterness, Perse. The same can't be said for everyone though.

Bitterness? Surely I would have to give 2 sh*ts about you to feel bitter?

You have your own crosses to bear, love.

Guy Person wrote: »

Aye, took a temperature of the thread and opting to bail out before frostbite sets in.

Aye, took a temperature of the thread and opting to bail out before frostbite sets in.

Carry a cross Bertie, you'll warm up in no time.

Guy Person wrote: »

It is a joke. Deebles and Leggy met in real life. They got on famously. Deebles thought it would be funny to post an account of the complete opposite experience to what he actually had. Then Leggy appears and posts in a way that seems she thinks very little of him.

But. It's all big joke. They even had kisses!!

• Advertisement

It is a joke. Deebles and Leggy met in real life. They got on famously. Deebles thought it would be funny to post an account of the complete opposite experience to what he actually had. Then Leggy appears and posts in a way that seems she thinks very little of him.

Who said it was me? I'm just replying to the bitterness displayed at the butt hurt being spewed after he was rejected.

Carry a cross Bertie, you'll warm up in no time.

Can you answer my PM and delete your post please? I'm not getting into some stupid drama here?.

I hope Deebs didn't meet her in the etiquette thread is all I'm saying :)

So I was duped? Hmph! I am offended. I demand to meet a beautiful woman who is horrible on the inside as recompense.

OP your thread has been taken over by the Deebles and Leg show taking the pìss :p

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I could be way off , but I thought it was just Deebles and Leggy slagging each other the way the did in The Ultimate crisp thread .

That's where the bitterness came from , the wrong crisps won !

It's not a show, so I'll bow out now. Some people should really just stay at home if they can't cope.

In the last few minutes I have met up with both Persepoly and Purple Mountain in real life. They are both amazingly beautiful women, inside and out. Unfortunately I couldn't perform sexually as I am still so angry at being duped in this thread. :mad:

I wish that was my problem, G. It would be easier to fix. Unfortunately the lady in question has decided to stop answering PMs and run away, as usual. How could you ever trust anyone that quick to f*ck off after stirring the sh*t when there was no need for it. Like a spoiled teenager, slamming her bedroom door.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,479 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

AMKC wrote: »
    via Skype, facetime etc?

Disclaimer,

When you say talk to a stranger via skype, facetime etc, do you mean just dialling a random number? I think theres a website to do that on called chat roulette, but I think a lot of people use it "inappropriately"

If the question is do i ever talk to strangers, in real life yeah all the time. I live in dublin so getting people to be quiet for a few minutes while i drink my coffee is the real trick

Advertisement