Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aerlingus AerClub/Avios

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,148 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

There is a lounge down near G gates about half way down on the right side and then downstairs

Better be there since I will be using it in two weeks time.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

cshk99 wrote: »
    Anyone else not able to log into their account? Keep getting errors saying my details are invalid and no responses from their social media

can't log into the estore at all, it says me details are wrong, but I haven't changed them

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭SB Morer

tomwaits48 wrote: »
    can't log into the estore at all, it says me details are wrong, but I haven't changed them

Same thing is happening me so it’s not just you. It also happened the other day but was fixed after a few hours and I was able to get in fine then.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

AerClub and Avios systems for passwords are not synced, meaning if you change your password in one, it doesn't replicate to the others instantly. It seems to occur in batches every hour or so. The same happens in the iOS App versus the website. If you change your password in one, it won't always let you log in via the other for quite some time. In fact, you can have two different passwords for a period of time.

The level of incompetency in ths whole implementation is boggling.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Might someone be able to advise what happens when you hit silver tier ? Do you need a card at that point to access the lounges and get priority checkin etc?
    I should make silver tier on amn outbound flight, and wondered if I could use the lounge on the return leg (expect I am being way too optimistic...)

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭steve-o

fmul9798 wrote: »
    Might someone be able to advise what happens when you hit silver tier ? Do you need a card at that point to access the lounges and get priority checkin etc?
    I should make silver tier on amn outbound flight, and wondered if I could use the lounge on the return leg (expect I am being way too optimistic...)

Thanks
    It will take a few days at least for your tier credits to post. Once that happens, your status on the app will be updated with a virtual silver card. That will be accepted in some places but others will demand a physical card. The physical card will be posted out to your within a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ganreo

Thanks

Getting in through fast track and priority boarding shouldn't be a problem. Some lounges don't like it if you don't have the physical card - Dublin for example will have a moan at you if you don't have it, whereas Heathrow won't really care either way. If you use the Aer Lingus app to show your boarding pass - this ill state that you are on Silver. You'll get the physical card and a couple of luggage tags in the post a couple of weeks after

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭fmul9798

Thanks very much - I'll try the virtual card if they happen to post prior to the return.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Thanks very much - I'll try the virtual card if they happen to post prior to the return.

If the app doesn’t update you as a silver (when the website shows you as silver), just log out and back in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭BigMoose

I had no problem in the DUB lounge with the app virtual card. My bigger problem was the tier credits seem to take almost a week to appear, so when I made silver on the way out, they didn't appear until after I was home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Board Walker

BigMoose wrote: »
    I had no problem in the DUB lounge with the app virtual card. My bigger problem was the tier credits seem to take almost a week to appear, so when I made silver on the way out, they didn't appear until after I was home.

Mine always take 5 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,421 ✭✭✭✭cson

Not sure if this has been mentioned in here but pro tip for booking EI with Avios; call BA. The taxes/fees for a transatlantic tend to be in the 80 range vs the 200+ odd EI button on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 ganreo

cson wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned in here but pro tip for booking EI with Avios; call BA. The taxes/fees for a transatlantic tend to be in the 80 range vs the 200+ odd EI button on.

Thanks for the info. Do you have a specific number to call? DO you need to be also on the BA loyalty program? I'm doing a TA flight from Dub - NY next year and plan on purchasing with Avios

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

cson wrote: »

I have about 20k of them myself and hopefully be over 30k soon with them.

Any idea of what that will get me?. A return to say Amsterdam or London from Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

I have about 20k of them myself and hopefully be over 30k soon with them.

Any idea of what that will get me?. A return to say Amsterdam or London from Ireland?

26000 will get you a return to New York plus taxes

Van.Bosch wrote: »

What kind of taxes are we looking at as I might be heading over that way in the new year pending

Would this be ba or Al?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,860 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

What kind of taxes are we looking at as I might be heading over that way in the new year pending

Would this be ba or Al?

EI, as above taxes are about 210 but apparently if you ring BA to book they only charge 80.

EI, as above taxes are about 210 but apparently if you ring BA to book they only charge 80.

All my points are with ba so he 80 euros sorted then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭The_Wanderer

All my points are with ba so he 80 euros sorted then

You can transfer points between your EI and BA accounts.

For my trip to the USA (over here atm) I shifted all my points to BA, booked my flights with them but on EI metal. With points taxes and charges (I didn't have enough points to cover the total) I paid €350 return for two people.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Doylers

ganreo wrote: »
    Thanks for the info. Do you have a specific number to call? DO you need to be also on the BA loyalty program? I'm doing a TA flight from Dub - NY next year and plan on purchasing with Avios

+1 for number

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭Rowley Birkin QC

Interesting. I've just hit Silver and will likely get to platinum middle next year, haven't really looked at Avios at all but have 17k sitting there doing nothing.

Doylers wrote: »
    +1 for number

1. Check award seat availability on Avios website for your chosen dates
    2. Transfer the required Avios to your BA account (set one up if needed, you're free to transfer Avios amongst BA/EI/IB accounts)
    3. Call the BA reservation line and tell them you're looking to book the routing you searched in 1. with the Avios from your BA account.

Bear in mind that this is off peak and dependent on award seats being available (they aren't always available, for e.g. you're unlikely to find them around the Xmas period).

Interesting. I've just hit Silver and will likely get to platinum middle next year, haven't really looked at Avios at all but have 17k sitting there doing nothing.

I have 25k and i never get offered much. I tried to get a flight to heaathrow lately and it was still 100 euro with 10k points even tho the flight was only 135 euro so i just paid the price.

I thought i saw someone say before they were offered BT vouchers?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,948 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The vouchers were on the pre Avios scheme. All gone and forgotten now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

Think you can use them for upgrades - if you are headed to the States you’ll get better value upgrading to business with points than messing about with any short haul rewards

I have 25k and i never get offered much. I tried to get a flight to heaathrow lately and it was still 100 euro with 10k points even tho the flight was only 135 euro so i just paid the price.

I thought i saw someone say before they were offered BT vouchers?

If you want to fly to LHR transfer your points to BA and fly on BA. There’s ample award availability. A sample return economy flight will cost 15000 Avios + just €2 in taxes, or 11500 Avios + €32 in taxes, or there are lots of other pricing options, and you should be able to get off peak flights for 4,000 Avios each way

Casati wrote: »
    Think you can use them for upgrades - if you are headed to the States you’ll get better value upgrading to business with points than messing about with any short haul rewards

How much would a Upgrade be to JFK one way?

Also, could i upgrade my wife too or just myself if i had the points?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,022 ✭✭✭Casati

How much would a Upgrade be to JFK one way?

Also, could i upgrade my wife too or just myself if i had the points?

Think it’s 20,000 points each way, maybe more. You can upgrade anybody subject to seats being available. V nice to have business on a return overnight trip

• Advertisement

Casati wrote: »
    Think it’s 20,000 points each way, maybe more. You can upgrade anybody subject to seats being available. V nice to have business on a return overnight trip

Actually it’s 37,000 Avios Off-Peak or 44,750 Peak for a one way upgrade to the Eastern US. And that’s subject to availability- there’s no guarantee a seat will be available.

Advertisement