Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seth pompous speech at the start was very heelish are they trying to turn him and make Bray the face?

• Registered Users Posts: 85,437 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Shouldn't Roode have a title shot since he pinned Seth in the tag match? Isn't that how it usually works?

How has Bray a title shot?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

A return by the demon for instance could see the same thing

6b2a7180353e35fae1fa899ac6507faeef3ab519.gif

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Seth pompous speech at the start was very heelish are they trying to turn him and make Bray the face?

Nah just terrible WWE booking, they cannot book faces at all, or book a heel for longer than 6 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The AoP promos are great. Take note, Aleister. If you want a fight just walk out the door.

• Advertisement

J. Marston wrote: »
    Take note, Aleister. If you want a fight just walk out the door.

He can't leave until someone knocks. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Rollins got the best of the Fiend after raw went off the air - it took about 17 stomps to do it (Bray stood straight back up after receiving the first stomp)

bit I think thats how they are gonna end the cell match

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

PTH2009 wrote: »
    People are getting the idea of Brock vs the fiend at survivor series the only way that would happen if both won world titles or the fiend somehow decides to go after brock costing him the against Kofi

There hardly going with brand loyalty stuff for Survivor Series as it would be only a month since the return of the brand split ??[/QUOTE]

They probably will continue with this awful format but I really hope they don't. SS was my favourite PPV as a kid, mainly due to the random combos of teams and a chance to see lots of different guys interacting. If they went back to the old way, with a few 5 on 5 matches, they could continue/build feuds and give a lot of lads a chance to showcase their abilities. The Raw and SD format is awful, making SS one of the worst PPV's now. And last years was possibly the worst yet, with Raw winning 6-0 and it meant nothing in kayfabe terms with zero repurcussions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭Chuck Noland

Only a matter of time until they spoil the fiend

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

What if Rey wins the Title next week? and that way The Fiend can run roughshod over Rollins at Hell In A Cell without being ruined?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,168 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The Fiend is grand so far but for me it's the Firefly Fun house segments that I'm enjoying more, because those segments seem like the more pure unadulterated Bray bits to me.

Whereas with the Fiend, it's the external stuff that takes you out of it i.e. Cole or Rollins screaming like a fool.

The Fiend is grand so far but for me it's the Firefly Fun house segments that I'm enjoying more, because those segments seem like the more pure unadulterated Bray bits to me.

Whereas with the Fiend, it's the external stuff that takes you out of it i.e. Cole or Rollins screaming like a fool.

Mute button, or just turn down the volume.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

The Fiend is in a title match far too soon.

As usual, WWE will ultimately book themselves into a corner by putting hot character in the title picture before he is firmly established in the psyche of the audience as strong and formidable.

WWE short term nonsense.

Why not have Fiend pick guys off? Why does he have to be booked against the champion as soon as fúcking possible? Maybe just have the Fiend scare and beat people for a few months first?

Fiend should be doing nothing but beat people for now. Why compromise him or the champion yet? Establish him over a long period of time, then if a title match comes, you can decide if it's the right time for a win or loss.

Fiend has to win or at least look remarkably strong in this match at HIAC. You're hurting the character if you do anything else, which means you'll be compromising Seth to too big a degree. I mean, they already are. The champion should never be cowering. HBK knew Mankind was mental, but never cowered.

They've no clue how to book anything properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ric I’d agree with you as a whole

At the same time people would be saying you need to strike while the iron is hot, our lack of faith in WWE doing it right is whats holding us back from being happy with any direction they go in

Either a fiend win or else an attack by others leading to a DQ result or something? As said by Ric it’s a tough corner they have backed themselves into

• Registered Users Posts: 8,741 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

Either a fiend win or else an attack by others leading to a DQ result or something? As said by Ric it’s a tough corner they have backed themselves into

Yeah they've kinda booked themselves into a tough corner but we should wait and see what happens. Might be a long shot but they could have the fiend attack Rollins before the bell rings, beat him down and disappear resulting in the match not even happening.

Have Rollins drop the belt through "injury" and gets drafted to Smackdown because he's not champion anymore. Gives Raw a chance to crown a new champion on its new deal with USA, another tournament maybe seeing as the KOTR put on some good matches.

Or the fiend gets drafted to Smackdown and Rollins can remain Champion on Raw. He's already booked like meh, so a beat down from the fiend isn't gonna do that much damage to him. As seen with Becky's rise from Wrestlemania pre show to main eventer it just takes one spark for someone to gain momentum again.

No matter how they do it, you won’t please the fans at this point

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ric I’d agree with you as a whole

At the same time people would be saying you need to strike while the iron is hot, our lack of faith in WWE doing it right is whats holding us back from being happy with any direction they go in

I disagree.

The title is largely meaningless as a draw. A strong character like The Fiend could be. Establish him over time, (even 9 months!) as a threat, then do this.

The iron will be hot down the line to strike again if you book with a modicum of sense.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,429 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

No theme will ever top Across the Nation

https://youtu.be/fYvBv_lp9Uc

• Advertisement

No theme will ever top Across the Nation

https://youtu.be/fYvBv_lp9Uc

*clears throat*

Lithium93_ wrote: »
    *clears throat*

Nah you still have a grape stuck there or something

Even the Nickleback one is better than the Raw is War intro

*unsubscribes forever*

Nah you still have a grape stuck there or something

Even the Nickleback one is better than the Raw is War intro

*unsubscribes forever*

tenor.gif?itemid=7320959

Also Papa's Roach's To Be Loved intro > Nickleback's.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,938 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Why all the hate for nickelback???

Saw them years ago great concert

Tbh hated the last 2 TV show themes but loved the superstars and 205 live ones

Loving wwe going back to the rock music themes. AC/DC for SD is great

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Why all the hate for nickelback???

Saw them years ago great concert

Tbh hated the last 2 TV show themes but loved the superstars and 205 live ones

Loving wwe going back to the rock music themes. AC/DC for SD is great

NXT has had some decent themes including Coheed and Cambria and currently Slipknot. Plus Takeovers usually had a decent songs too

New era starts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 60,386 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is this the new new new new new era or the new new new new new new era?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,864 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So this is the last episode before HiaC? But we still have another before the draft.
    And is the wild card rule gone now or is it only after the first Fox show?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    So this is the last episode before HiaC? But we still have another before the draft.
    And is the wild card rule gone now or is it only after the first Fox show?

Odd one why dont they start the draft on next weeks raw (7th Oct) and finish it on the 11th Oct SD ???

The 18th Oct SD will be the real start with the unique brands returning

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Hulkamania to run wild all over the fiends ass tonight !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement