Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

So that's two cuck angles in the few weeks since Heyman has been running things. Some of the aesthetic changes are decent but the Mike/Maria/Rusev and now Lashley/Lana stuff is just brutal. And Lawler is painful to listen to on commentary.

Yeah I think we've stumbled across Heyman's fetish...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Rusev and Lana really should have stayed on holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 3,569 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Welcome to RAW. All our faces are pussies.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So that's two cuck angles in the few weeks since Heyman has been running things.

Can't say I'm all that surprised. Heyman was behind the Al Wilson stuff afterall.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

I'm guessing all those is rivalries atm will be kept on the one brand in the draft

We all knw Rusev and lana are happily married in real life why all this storyline bollocks

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,744 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

PTH2009 wrote: »
    We all knw Rusev and lana are happily married in real life why all this storyline bollocks

That's wrestling for you, we all know the Undertaker isn't really dead or Rollins isn't actually afraid of a fat Bray Wyatt in a cheap mask but they still insist on insulting our intelligence.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,315 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Are the cuck story lines getting ready for the comeback of Johnny Cuck and Melina's return.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Is the cuck story lines getting ready for the comeback of Johnny Cuck and Melina's return.

Sean 'Val Venis' Morley on a YouTube video once, in which he directed this line towards John Morrison:

"... how does Mike Knox taste?..." :pac:

( For those that don't know Mike Knox of ECW 2006 fame is rumored to have shagged Melina. Presumably behind Johnny's back ... but I guess, would of had to of been behind his back as Morrison was with her at the time )

• Registered Users Posts: 23,106 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought it was Batista that was riding Melina while she was with Morrison and it was supposedly an open secret.

Last time Rusev and Lana did a love triangle storyline they announced their marriage in the middle of it which hastily put an end to it.

I know it's acting but it still must be bloody weird for married couples.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Loughc wrote: »
    Yeah I think we've stumbled across Heyman's fetish...

https://twitter.com/RossWBermanIV/status/1178877483611033601

• Advertisement

Just need Cornette and his dominatrix Mrs booking Smackdown now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,173 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

J. Marston wrote: »
    I thought it was Batista that was riding Melina while she was with Morrison and it was supposedly an open secret.

That's the messed up thing. It's said it was both Batista and Knox :pac:

Just need Cornette and his dominatrix Mrs booking Smackdown now.

Basham Brothers to return? :pac:

So that's two cuck angles in the few weeks since Heyman has been running things. Some of the aesthetic changes are decent but the Mike/Maria/Rusev and now Lashley/Lana stuff is just brutal. And Lawler is painful to listen to on commentary.

AGH52ad.jpg

Rusev's shirt should say, Come back Vince

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,419 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'll be honest.

This is what I love with wrestling. The campy, thrashy "male soap opera" ****.

So the whole "cuck" stuff.....I love the fact that the midcard are getting actual storylines.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I'll be honest.

This is what I love with wrestling. The campy, thrashy "male soap opera" ****.

So the whole "cuck" stuff.....I love the fact that the midcard are getting actual storylines.

Even Stupid storylines?, its 2019, everybody knows Lana and Rusev are together, you cant be watching, thinking just because a mid carder is getting a storyline, that its good to watch, Rusev was and still could be a potential world title contender, how could anybody take him serious after this, just my opinion but i think its awful stuff.

Even Stupid storylines?, its 2019, everybody knows Lana and Rusev are together, you cant be watching, thinking just because a mid carder is getting a storyline, that its good to watch, Rusev was and still could be a potential world title contender, how could anybody take him serious after this, just my opinion but i think its awful stuff.

1. I can differentiate between "Lana and Rusev the actors" and "Lana and Rusev the characters". I don't look at Brad Pitt in roles with love interests going, "OMG, we know he's with Angelina, what the **** is the writer doing?". I wouldn't watch Corrie and only accept stories where characters are limited to only be with the characters their spouses play.

2. I'm also of the opinion that any wrestler is only one or two promos off being a title contender. Two weeks ago, Rusev was in the Maria storyline. Crowd didn't care when he ran to the ring last night and turned face after only returning as a heel in a different cuck story two weeks back. They were all chanting "Rusev Day" again. Thats the beauty of WWE.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

The over selling/ over promotion of the Fiend/Wyatt is getting worse week to week

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So how likely are they to have created a new Raw intro only to change it again in a couple weeks?

And if they're not doing cross brand stuff, I guess that means we won't see the whole of team Flair and Hogan on the same brand, unless all member come from the same brand.
    Speaking of, that was a confusing setup for Crown Jewel. The fans didn't take too kindly to the announcement anyway.

Becky happy to have her steam back. Is that the smoke Street Profits are always on about? I'm old, I don't get the expression.

I'm still waiting for someone of importance to get out of the limo. Any minute now...

• Advertisement

1. I can differentiate between "Lana and Rusev the actors" and "Lana and Rusev the characters". I don't look at Brad Pitt in roles with love interests going, "OMG, we know he's with Angelina, what the **** is the writer doing?". I wouldn't watch Corrie and only accept stories where characters are limited to only be with the characters their spouses play.

2. I'm also of the opinion that any wrestler is only one or two promos off being a title contender. Two weeks ago, Rusev was in the Maria storyline. Crowd didn't care when he ran to the ring last night and turned face after only returning as a heel in a different cuck story two weeks back. They were all chanting "Rusev Day" again. Thats the beauty of WWE.

Fair enough, but i can differentiate to, i like storylines that makes some sense and has a hint of realism to it, this to me is a storyline that makes no sense, Brad Pitt is an actor who played loads of different roles in different films without Angelina Jolie, Rusev and Lana are an on screen couple in wwe since nearly day 1, they are together in real life to, pictures of them together posted all over social media, there is zero reason for me to invest an interest in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭OneEightSeven

The commentary is infinitely better without Michael Cole and Renee Young.

Didn't miss Graves shouting either or his failed put downs.

Vic is the man get rid of Lawler and it will be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭Ali Bomaye

First time I watched Raw this year given the week in it for the company and a good reminder why I stopped. Complete and utter garbage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

What does this say about the currant talent....

The Hogan Flair segment spiked by 500k tuning in to watch it and as soon as it was over changed the channel.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think the worst thing on Hell in a Cell last night wasn't the ending. It was the announcement of a Last Woman Standing match between Lacey and Natalya. That usually means a long match.

Becky & Charlotte are on Miz TV (presumably to set up the fact they'll be facing each other at the next PPV they're allowed to actually be on), and will also be facing the Kabuki Warriors.

Show is going to be painfully full of filler beyond that I'd say, given the draft is on Friday.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,815 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Becky & Charlotte are on Miz TV (presumably to set up the fact they'll be facing each other at the next PPV they're allowed to actually be on), and will also be facing the Kabuki Warriors.

Show is going to be painfully full of filler beyond that I'd say, given the draft is on Friday.

Should of started the draft tonight and ended it Friday but logic and wwe dont go hand in hand

• Advertisement

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Should of started the draft tonight and ended it Friday but logic and wwe dont go hand in hand

In fairness Smackdown is the A show now so it kinda does make sense to go Smackdown then Raw.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement