Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RAW Superthread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

New York sure loved Stone Cold to, Rollins and Strowman in the back wishing they could get a reaction like that as they then walked out to practically silence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Baron Corbin is winning KOTR isn't he... How he's still being pushed is beyond me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Cotts72 wrote: »
    Baron Corbin is winning KOTR isn't he... How he's still being pushed is beyond me

Hoping against hope they decided to take a chance on Gable.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,141 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Well the pushes seem to have worked since the crowd were doing "Lets go Corbin/Corbin sucks" chants last night. Some seem to have taken an ironic shine to him.

If Gable wins I'll be furious with myself for not putting a few Euro on him at the beginning when he was 66/1!

• Registered Users Posts: 38,090 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Corbin to beat Gable in the final

Elias vs Corbin would make little sense as both are heels. Would not be surprised to see some sort of controversal finish in the SD semi final and it will be a triple threat final sunday ??

Id love Stone Cold to come back full time and u never knw. He clearly sold tickets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,382 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Maybe because he’s actually come on a long way in-ring and has become a very decent worker, as well as being a heat magnet?

Hs wrestling ability has improved massively over the past few months, but many won’t acknowledge it for some reason. I guess he’s doing his job pretty well in that case. “King Corbin” is something that could work brilliantly IMO, but they have to go all-in on the gimmick like King Booker.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Corbin to beat Gable in the final

Elias vs Corbin would make little sense as both are heels. Would not be surprised to see some sort of controversal finish in the SD semi final and it will be a triple threat final sunday ??

Id love Stone Cold to come back full time and u never knw. He clearly sold tickets

Well you see what's going to happen is this. Corbin, looking like he has it won, lines Chad up for the big finish. Out of nowhere, the lights go off. A sudden blue and red spotlight descends on the ring. Holy fúck, it's Team Angle with the attack.

All of a sudden, glass breaks - here comes STONE COLD, STONE COLD, STONE COLD on a Segwey, slugging Broken Skull IPAs into him. He makes it to the bottom of the ramp. THe lights go out again. Kevin Owen's music hits. But it's not Kevin Owens. It's THE FIEND in a Kevin Owens outfit. The Fiend hits a stunner for the 1,2,3 and he's crowned King of the Ring, despite having pinned Steve Austin, outside the ring, and having never being in the Tournament to begin with.

HOLD UP - ITS BOSS TIME and here comes Sasha Banks!!! Herself and The Fiend make out up on the stage. It's all Tongues and blue hair. The crowd go wild, as The Fiend stands victorious, before finally commiting vehicular theft, hopping onto Austin's Segwey and getting away with it. Sasha on his back.

On the sauce at 4 on a Tuesday, Gerry?

J. Marston wrote: »
    On the sauce at 4 on a Tuesday, Gerry?

Broke skull IPA'S no doubt,

• Registered Users Posts: 60,480 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I like Corbin and I'd take him over 80% of the roster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

martyos121 wrote: »
    Hs wrestling ability has improved massively over the past few months, but many won’t acknowledge it for some reason.I guess he’s doing his job pretty well in that case. “King Corbin” is something that could work brilliantly IMO, but they have to go all-in on the gimmick like King Booker.

I am sick to f*cking death of that gimmick!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,675 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

I'd love Gable to go over Corbin to win KOTR but they do love trolling the audience with Corbin. Hope they don't mess Bray up moving him into the title picture at HIAC, he's the thing each week im most interested in still.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,935 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I've said before that the king gimmick works better on a heel. I can't remember the last face that won the tournament and used the title successfully.
    Of course there's no need to go all in on the king gimmick and simply be announced as the 2019 King of the Ring when coming to the ring.

With Austin coming out at the end, I expected the Fiend, though how would they explain the others not attacking him.

How could Angelo move on from Nikki so quickly?

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I've said before that the king gimmick works better on a heel. I can't remember the last face that won the tournament and used the title successfully.
    Of course there's no need to go all in on the king gimmick and simply be announced as the 2019 King of the Ring when coming to the ring.

With Austin coming out at the end, I expected the Fiend, though how would they explain the others not attacking him.

How could Angelo move on from Nikki so quickly?

Killian Dane

Vince and Triple H prob make out Corbin as the ultimate heel guy. He reminds me a bit of Randy Orton in the earlier days. He is cocky baxtard with a puncable face

They really have to be careful with the upcoming draft. This wild card rule turned the last superstar shake up into a confusing farce

Good to see Viking radiers do something major. Think they will be a decent tag team in the future but both as single guys i hope it never happens

So a PPV where every title is on the line, yet they don't make a US title match? Now it will probably just happen because Cedric conveniently pinned AJ. I guess it could just be an open challenge.
    Then we have the 24/7 title

AJ took the Stunner brilliantly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭johnnyryan89

martyos121 wrote: »
    Maybe because he’s actually come on a long way in-ring and has become a very decent worker, as well as being a heat magnet?

Hs wrestling ability has improved massively over the past few months, but many won’t acknowledge it for some reason. I guess he’s doing his job pretty well in that case. “King Corbin” is something that could work brilliantly IMO, but they have to go all-in on the gimmick like King Booker.

https://twitter.com/FightfulWrestle/status/1171441732879179776

They need to redo this finish for the match if it happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

I seriously cant look at or listen to Corbin anymore, the guy just grinds my bloody gears

End of Days is a great move even if the impact does look a little like a self Rock Bottom.

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    I seriously cant look at or listen to Corbin anymore, the guy just grinds my bloody gears

His heel persona is working on u

Vinnie will be thrilled ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Snorlaxx

PTH2009 wrote: »
    His heel persona is working on u

Vinnie will be thrilled ha

Ahhh leave it out will yea,
    He's got more X-Pac heat than Sean back in the day boi

Austin didn't bring in the TV audience for the 3 hours anyway RAW was down from last week.

They're up against football now, I think

CastorTroy wrote: »
    They're up against football now, I think

Yep Monday night football was back this week, and it was a good game to, which would bring in a big audience i'd say

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Snorlaxx wrote: »
    Ahhh leave it out will yea,
    He's got more X-Pac heat than Sean back in the day boi

You're getting worked brother, someone will be around shortly to explain why in depth.

Street Profits are hosting Maria Kanellis' baby's gender reveal party on Raw.

Set your alarms...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

If Gable doesn’t win tonight, my thought would wander to why or how he got to the finals. There is better faces they could have put in the role of just putting Corbin over, and Corbin doesn’t really gain much by beating Gable. Gable is also so boringly generic that it might be excused if the idea was to give him a “King of Wrestling” gimmick eventually.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Street Profits are hosting Maria Kanellis' baby's gender reveal party on Raw.

Set your alarms...

Better watch it live so I'm not spoiled on the gender.
    But wait, will Balor not interfere to point out they shouldn't assign a gender and let the child decide for itself?

King Baron to crush the tiny man.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement