Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Credit where Credit is due

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,510 ✭✭✭Max Powers

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    What's the crack with this, was unaware it occurred?

Saw something on wlr web page or twitter of some councillor, can't remember exactly.
    Checked..Eddie mulligans twitter page is where I saw it. Pretty sure I saw it on wlr somewhere too, maybe I heard it on wlr.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Emanine

The City and County Council organised the visit, in conjunction with Retail Excellence Irl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Not sure this is really where credit is due but the council clearly have decided to make this summer the season of road re-surfacing. Lombard street currently under way, with plenty of road markings in the Upper Ballytruckle, Pearce Park area finally (yes I have a local interest in these).

Oh yes Johns Street also on the list - that has actual craters.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭hardybuck

Not sure this is really where credit is due but the council clearly have decided to make this summer the season of road re-surfacing. Lombard street currently under way, with plenty of road markings in the Upper Ballytruckle, Pearce Park area finally (yes I have a local interest in these).

Thanks be to Jaysus.

Lombard St was like the surface of the moon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

Oh yes Johns Street also on the list - that has actual craters.

Really wish they would get a start on Bunkers hill it has to be the worst road in the town,that and Doyles street.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Shane from Full of Beans- 10 out of 10, very nice guy and gave me some excellent tips for buying vitamins in the shop there recently. A must-stop for anyone who wants to eat healthier and the staff are top notch. Recommended!

Credit to the councillors calling for deasy no confidence. No confidence motion passed last night.

Max Powers wrote: »
    Credit to the councillors calling for deasy no confidence. No confidence motion passed last night.

Why did they pick on him in particular?

Edit - covered in local election discussion.

Credit must go to the lads in Halfords, well one of them in particular, who looked after me at the weekend.

The battery in my mother's keyless entry car key went...and her spare too...on a Sunday! She tried opening the car with a key inside the fob and set the alarms off.

We couldn't figure out how to get in to where the battery was - stress levels were rising. A quick spin up to Halfords where one young one on the counter was seemingly hungover and bitching to one of her colleagues about being in work.

It turns out her colleague was brilliant. He didn't know how to get into the battery either, but went online and figured it out and did it for me.

Five mins later I was down the road with a functioning car key and an alarm switched off. Great to encounter a lad willing to show a bit of initiative.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭dzilla

hardybuck wrote: »
    Credit must go to the lads in Halfords, well one of them in particular, who looked after me at the weekend.

The battery in my mother's keyless entry car key went...and her spare too...on a Sunday! She tried opening the car with a key inside the fob and set the alarms off.

We couldn't figure out how to get in to where the battery was - stress levels were rising. A quick spin up to Halfords where one young one on the counter was seemingly hungover and bitching to one of her colleagues about being in work.

It turns out her colleague was brilliant. He didn't know how to get into the battery either, but went online and figured it out and did it for me.

Five mins later I was down the road with a functioning car key and an alarm switched off. Great to encounter a lad willing to show a bit of initiative.

You would have saved yourself a trip if you googled it yourself.

• Advertisement

All the restaurants and food producers of Waterford, Ireland's food destination.

dzilla wrote: »
    You would have saved yourself a trip if you googled it yourself.

No I still needed the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,989 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Nice area in Shaws now dedicated to Ardkeen Superstores - showcasing the best of Irish produce with plenty of emphasis on the south east. Great to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

iseegirls wrote: »
    Nice area in Shaws now dedicated to Ardkeen Superstores - showcasing the best of Irish produce with plenty of emphasis on the south east. Great to see.

And I love buying Irish , but unfortunately a lot of the ingredients to make Irish produce is imported from UK .

And I love buying Irish , but unfortunately a lot of the ingredients to make Irish produce is imported from UK .

What! The coffee and Asian spices I buy arent grown here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,711 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Waterford soccer circles should be proud of themselves massive praise for 2 Waterford born players who impressed for Ireland under 21s lately

Lee O Connor who recently joined Celtic and Jason Molumby who is getting massive praise

Bright futures for these 2 lads

The Craftsman bar for opening up early for the rugby last 2 weeks- I know we lost yesterday but they had a great set-up there and the food from Marc is a delight, the buster breakfast is legendary! Its become a second home to this Cork man. Well done all!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,772 ✭✭✭taytobreath

DeiseNew wrote: »
    The Craftsman bar for opening up early for the rugby last 2 weeks- I know we lost yesterday but they had a great set-up there and the food from Marc is a delight, the buster breakfast is legendary! Its become a second home to this Cork man. Well done all!

can u get pints there at that time?

can u get pints there at that time?

I couldnt possibly say...;)

There may have been a few cans purchased in advance put it that way.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

fair play to sam bennet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭BBM77

Much credit to the Waterford Hurlers. You gave it your best, just met a better team on the day. You gave us a lift in a crappy year and showed the future is bright. You all did us proud.

Credit to Cllr Damien Geoghegan great job on Sky News. Certainly sold Waterford well.

https://www.facebook.com/skynews/videos/2528999890739227/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,330 ✭✭✭deise08

The toilets in the grotto in Mellary were absolutely spotless (I was going to say immaculate but people might think I'm taking the pss.)
    Whoever is looking after them. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,780 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

deise08 wrote:
    The toilets in the grotto in Mellary were absolutely spotless (I was going to say immaculate but people might think I'm taking the pss.) Whoever is looking after them. Thank you.

Think her name is Mary

Love this. Passed there on Friday and was wondering what the story was. Great thinking from all involved.

https://www.rte.ie/news/regional/2023/0522/1385010-waterford-steam-dredger/

Advertisement