Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

My chest on the ship only gives me sniper rifles.....thats it nothing else always a snipe rifle/shield/mod....

• Registered Users Posts: 33,387 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Yeah I hung it up on the wall , about all it's good for. You'd do better playing the slots with eridium. I got a few bits from that.

Yeah I just decided to save my eridium (almost 2k) for when I get to Lvl50, then I'll see what Earl has for sale. Buy myself a few anointed gear and maybe a skin.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Finished TVHM and was horrified to discover I now had two gun-guns. Fortunately it let me sell the earlier one. TVHM is terrible for loot only good for picking up low level stuff @ 50 and xp.

Did Carnivora today on Mayhem 3 and ran to the boss , picked up about 4 legendries on the way (the bad ass enemies seem to drop a lot of them), had to drop a legendary shield to pick up a purple grenade mod and then got a legendary at the boss, took about 15 minutes. Yesterday I dunked 25 legendries into an alt character, I'm actually going to end up with 10+ alts all of which I'll need to run up to Sanctuary)

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Finished TVHM and was horrified to discover I now had two gun-guns. Fortunately it let me sell the earlier one. TVHM is terrible for loot only good for picking up low level stuff @ 50 and xp.

Did Carnivora today on Mayhem 3 and ran to the boss , picked up about 4 legendries on the way (the bad ass enemies seem to drop a lot of them), had to drop a legendary shield to pick up a purple grenade mod and then got a legendary at the boss, took about 15 minutes. Yesterday I dunked 25 legendries into an alt character, I'm actually going to end up with 10+ alts all of which I'll need to run up to Sanctuary)

You can just trade them money and buy them SDU slots.

but what do I do when I have all the SDU slots?
    actually I'll need more money to buy more stash space for the alts now I think of it

the problem with junking/selling stuff is that there's so much of it there's no time to fully test it. the risk of deleting something that is nigh on impossible to get back is terrifying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi,

Is it worth going back to Pandora at level 16 to farm to upgrade levels? Will the loot drop to my level?

Are standard mob runs worth the XP also? Thanks.

sticker wrote: »
    Hi,

Is it worth going back to Pandora at level 16 to farm to upgrade levels? Will the loot drop to my level?

Are standard mob runs worth the XP also? Thanks.

Nah, they don't scale to your level, so you won't get as much XP. Better off picking up as many side missions, crew challenges and killing enemies in the areas nearest your current level. Then again, going back to Pandora and doing the crew challenges would probably be one of the quickest and easiest ways to level up at the stage you're at. Enemies won't be too much trouble but you can still rack up the XP fairly quickly with the challenges

We made the mistake of opening up every map, doing all the challenges and side quests on the first run. By midgame we were so over levelled we were picking up 1-2 xp a kill sometimes nothing. It severely tortures you for playing the game the right way. We were probably at the right level around killavolt and died a few times at him but after that it was a breeze.

TVHM is no challenge it's only when you start doing certain activities in Mayhem 3 things start getting icky. It's not like BL2 where you start a UVHM run and are totally unprepared for what hits you.

We made the mistake of opening up every map, doing all the challenges and side quests on the first run. By midgame we were so over levelled we were picking up 1-2 xp a kill sometimes nothing. It severely tortures you for playing the game the right way. We were probably at the right level around killavolt and died a few times at him but after that it was a breeze.

TVHM is no challenge it's only when you start doing certain activities in Mayhem 3 things start getting icky. It's not like BL2 where you start a UVHM run and are totally unprepared for what hits you.

Do enemies scale to your level? I've noticed the last few main story missions for me are Lvl32-34 even though I'm Lvl40-42, but enemies are the same level as me. I couldn't imagine being able to get through if the enemies were 40-42 if I was 32-34

I'm early - about level 16. SO leave some side mission for later? What level? Thanks!

• Advertisement

I've played a lot at this stage a lot of it quite late, some of it quite drunk, I've dropped in and out of friends games so am not sure what was what. Certainly on the first playthrough you will be well op if you do all the side missions and challenges. The xp for challenges is massive. Enemies may scale to your level but aren't any challenge. It becomes quite dull getting 1 xp per kill. We had trouble on killavolt but that is early on, I remember having trouble on the last boss but that could have been on a mayhem mode.

I ran through TVHM solo in a few hours, maybe 8 but I got lost and sidetracked a few times, without any grief, don't think I died.

The end game is mayhem. TVHM probably is not necessary although it is great for xp and guardian ranks (if it weren't bugged) plus I got a much better porcelain pipebomb than my first playthrough.

Probably the best way to play it is to proceed with the main missions and if you are having any difficulty get xp from the challenges and side missions to rank up. I ended up 46-47 on the first run which was crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

I'm early - about level 16. SO leave some side mission for later? What level? Thanks!

I dont think its a good idea to leave them, yes you get the XP for clearing the mission but whilst you are in that area as part of the story you get better XP from the enemies.

I went ahead with main missions then came back for sides and was getting 2 xp for the enemies but on Prometheus I did the missions before clearing the level and got more xp from the enemies than the mission completion.

Patch incoming. Fixes whatever the issue was with Guardian Ranks, nerfs the Porcelain Pipe Bomb and sorts vending machine items by rarity, among other general fixes

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-update-9-26-2019-patch-notes/3655673

Make hay while the sun shines so :pac:

EDIT: No mention of Hollow Point in the patch notes, thought they'd fix that or do something to it or even refund tokens and reset stats so people wren't stuck with it and could opt not to spec into it.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Finished first playthrough yesterday and was lvl 40, few games of circle of slaughter and 6 or 7 runs of Graveward mayhem 3 with the pipe bomb and i hit 50 very soon with 15 or so legendaries .

Im now equipped the legendary flakker and mirv hex grenade and everything just gets destroyed in TVHM, so far that is :P

Finished main story myself. Main thoughts
    Hopefully that's Lilith gone now for good, she was really overused the last few games and got a far better ending than she deserved. Brick, Mordy and Tina were severely underused. No point killing Maya and replacing her with Ava, that was cheap nonsense and poorly done. Zer0 was cool but sad to see no other BL2 vault hunters or Athena, especially since the end of TPS implied Athena was important and they'd need all the help they could get (or just, Lilith could do everything I suppose). Tannis is annoying and shouldn't have been given a bigger role. Calypso Twins were sh*t. Story had some good parts and some good side characters (Balex, Clay), but overall disappointing. Also, final boss was way too easy to kill.

So, not sure whether to start TVHM or Mayhem Mode. Leaning towards Mayhem mode for a while, get to Lvl50, then maybe try Fl4k, see how he plays.

Penn wrote: »
    Finished main story myself. Main thoughts
    Hopefully that's Lilith gone now for good, she was really overused the last few games and got a far better ending than she deserved. Brick, Mordy and Tina were severely underused. No point killing Maya and replacing her with Ava, that was cheap nonsense and poorly done. Zer0 was cool but sad to see no other BL2 vault hunters or Athena, especially since the end of TPS implied Athena was important and they'd need all the help they could get (or just, Lilith could do everything I suppose). Tannis is annoying and shouldn't have been given a bigger role. Calypso Twins were sh*t. Story had some good parts and some good side characters (Balex, Clay), but overall disappointing. Also, final boss was way too easy to kill.

So, not sure whether to start TVHM or Mayhem Mode. Leaning towards Mayhem mode for a while, get to Lvl50, then maybe try Fl4k, see how he plays.

Look at the sun when on Pandora during the day.

Started Mayhem Mode and went to both Athenas and the Voracious Canopy to clean up some crew challenges. Yeah I like Mayhem mode. Far better challenge, all enemies scaled up, a lot more hectic. Still didn't die (or even FFYL) much, but I think a big part of that is just the tankyness of the build I'm using for Amara. Getting much better gear too, including some anointed purples. Might keep going with this to get to Lvl50 then start a TVHM playthrough so all mission rewards etc should be Lvl50 too.

What do you have to do to get to the next Mayhem Mode level? Like how do you actually complete Mayhem Mode 1 to unlock Mayhem Mode 2? Or do you just select it from the pedestal thing on Sanctuary?

Hi,

I'm really struggling with Katagawa Ball - I'm level 18. Does the co-op work well? Is it worth my while bringing in anotehr player? Is this an option? Billy no mates, I'm a solo player so it would be a random pick...

Also, as it costs money to revive, what happens when you run out of currency?!

Thanks!

Hi,

I'm really struggling with Katagawa Ball - I'm level 18. Does the co-op work well? Is it worth my while bringing in anotehr player? Is this an option? Billy no mates, I'm a solo player so it would be a random pick...

Thanks!

If you run out of money you can still respawn for free. But you'll not be able to afford any new ammo so if you're really struggling or get to that point your best move might be to fast travel out and level up and get better gear, then play through the area again.

Are you PS4? I'm not entirely sure how the co-op works (I think you can set it so he'll scale differently for both of us, so he'd be Lvl18 for you and Lvl42 or so for me), but if you want I could jump on and help you if you're still stuck later tonight (not sure what time I'll get playing at).

Send me a PM with your PSN if you're on PS4 and I'll try help you out

• Advertisement

Penn wrote: »
    If you run out of money you can still respawn for free. But you'll not be able to afford any new ammo so if you're really struggling or get to that point your best move might be to fast travel out and level up and get better gear, then play through the area again.

Are you PS4? I'm not entirely sure how the co-op works (I think you can set it so he'll scale differently for both of us, so he'd be Lvl18 for you and Lvl42 or so for me), but if you want I could jump on and help you if you're still stuck later tonight (not sure what time I'll get playing at).

Send me a PM with your PSN if you're on PS4 and I'll try help you out

Thanks so much!! Sending you PM now!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Hi,

Thanks!

If you're on PC I can help if you see me on over the weekend, Epic ID = Ahriakin . Otherwise if whenever you do run into walls like this try some other events (if you have any side missions or challenges left, or head to one of the combat arenas) to level/loot up a bit more - just having one or 2 weapons move up a tier can make a huge difference

The revive cost is a % (7 I believe) of your total so it should never hit Zer0. Though I know it can break your heart sometimes to see those SDU dreams dwindle for a time :).

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    If you're on PC I can help if you see me on over the weekend, Epic ID = Ahriakin . Otherwise if whenever you do run into walls like this try some other events (if you have any side missions or challenges left, or head to one of the combat arenas) to level/loot up a bit more - just having one or 2 weapons move up a tier can make a huge difference

The revive cost is a % (7 I believe) of your total so it should never hit Zer0. Though I know it can break your heart sometimes to see those SDU dreams dwindle for a time :).

Thanks for tip! I'm on PS$ unfortunately. But Penn might be able to help!

I find that farming to level up is very tricky. Most side missions arte done and random mobs drop minimum XP!

Also, I cant fast travel to Boss room? Have to go throughn entire level each time?

So I just jumped online and did a social >campaign. 5 Minutes later and I'm already past Katagawa Ball!

I assume any progress in this mode carries over to my main solo campaign? If I hit a miestone and quit, it remains with me?

It was tough though - Mobs seems much tankier than my solo but its probably level scalling I suspect!

Thanks again all! I always have this option if I hit a wall!

The end game is mayhem. TVHM probably is not necessary although it is great for xp and guardian ranks (if it weren't bugged) plus I got a much better porcelain pipebomb than my first playthrough.

Im playing TVHM set to mayhem 3 difficulty, i reckon thats the real endgame.

Dcully wrote: »
    Im playing TVHM set to mayhem 3 difficulty, i reckon thats the real endgame.

Are you seeing stuff drop anointed more frequently on that ?

Are you seeing stuff drop anointed more frequently on that ?

Yeah and some anointed legendaries, its nice when anointed legendaries drop with anointed stats perfect for your build.
    Good bit of epic anointed weapons too.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭riggerman

Anyone else having the game crash on the gravemind. Since the patch I can't progress and finish off the boss. On ps4 Pro and this is annoying the hell out of me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,131 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Also, I cant fast travel to Boss room? Have to go throughn entire level each time?

There's a big disparity on level design in the game. Some, including their bosses, are ideal with a reasonable amount of FT points and vending machines, ideally both right in front of a boss area but yeah many seem to want you to take the scenic route over and over again. Though if you are farming there is usually always a save point at least nearby so just exit-to-menu and restart and you should be right next to it.

• Advertisement

Hotfix today, they nerffed Jakobs pistols ffs :mad:

https://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/t/borderlands-3-hot-fixes-9-27-2019/3675684

Advertisement