Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Borderlands 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

riggerman wrote: »
    Anyone else having the game crash on the gravemind. Since the patch I can't progress and finish off the boss. On ps4 Pro and this is annoying the hell out of me.

Haven't had that. Though mine did crash right when I was about to pick up the Vault key after beating the final boss. Thankfully didn't have to beat the boss again and could just run back into the Vault, but was still annoying.

Not surprised with some of the patch notes. From what I was seeing/reading this morning, Fl4k could have an insane build and destroy everything in seconds, whereas it seemed like Zane wasn't really viable at all. Still imagine Jakobs pistols will be top of the list in terms of damage, but sad to see them get a bit of a nerf all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Dcully wrote: »
    Im playing TVHM set to mayhem 3 difficulty, i reckon thats the real endgame.

that's what I'm at too I'm just not convinced there's a difference between tvhm mayhem 3 and normal mayhem 3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I just received the slot so I can equip a mod. Is it just me but you nearly have to study the mods to figure out what they do. I have to open skill tree and go back to mod to see what they do wasn't like that in the previous games.

I still find it weird playing the game, I don't know if it's the graphics or what but if it was not broke they should have not tried to fix it is all I can say. I even jumped back into Borderlands 2 just to see and yes I find Borderlands 2 easier on the eye and movement and shooting.

Game being a little buggy b*tch tonight. Had two crashes tonight, one just where I was about to beat Rampager on Mayhem 2.

Penn wrote: »
    Game being a little buggy b*tch tonight. Had two crashes tonight, one just where I was about to beat Rampager on Mayhem 2.

Just beat Rampager and game crashed again while travelling back to Sanctuary.

Bloody hell...

• Advertisement

I just received the slot so I can equip a mod. Is it just me but you nearly have to study the mods to figure out what they do. I have to open skill tree and go back to mod to see what they do wasn't like that in the previous games.

I still find it weird playing the game, I don't know if it's the graphics or what but if it was not broke they should have not tried to fix it is all I can say. I even jumped back into Borderlands 2 just to see and yes I find Borderlands 2 easier on the eye and movement and shooting.

I thought it was just me not being familiar with the skill trees but no you are right. To be honest the only reason I've the class mod I have is for the +17% pistol damage and the same for the artefact. They'd make no difference to my build otherwise.

Still on the hunt for a deathless artefact. If anyone on Xbox has one I'll gladly trade for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,129 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I don't use mods for the skills primarily because I don't want them dictating my build in any form. And they pretty much all help in some way. Similar to Enfilade my choices are on what main stats they help with. My current fave being a 25% all weapon damage boost, couldn't tell you what else is on it as I don't care at all.

Thats another thing on my list a +% weapon damage mod, they are epic but rarer than legendary ones it seems :D

_CreeD_ wrote: »
    I don't use mods for the skills primarily because I don't want them dictating my build in any form. And they pretty much all help in some way. Similar to Enfilade my choices are on what main stats they help with. My current fave being a 25% all weapon damage boost, couldn't tell you what else is on it as I don't care at all.

Yeah theres nothing I've seen yet like say moneyshot in the last game that i'd take a +3 in over anything thing else. Theres a lot of stacking going on in the skills that don't help with bosses at all unless there are adds and in this you need to keep those alive for second winds if needed or just ignore the even on mayhem 3 depending on the roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,284 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

They buffed sniper rifles and SMG's, thank christ for that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Anyone else been playing this on the one X?.

Mine keeps crashing none stop while I am playing borderlands 3. This is the only game that I have ever seen crash a console makeing it fully turn off.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,284 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Anyone else been playing this on the one X?.

Mine keeps crashing none stop while I am playing borderlands 3. This is the only game that I have ever seen crash a console makeing it fully turn off.

Does it do it in a particular area?

Try run it in Performance mode if you have it on visual mode see if that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Vicxas wrote: »
    Does it do it in a particular area?

Try run it in Performance mode if you have it on visual mode see if that helps.

Loads of different areas, all updates have been applied to the game.

Have not tryed takeing it over visual mode yet.

Will try it the next it crashes and put it on performance mode

Vicxas wrote: »
    They buffed sniper rifles and SMG's, thank christ for that.

I do like the way they balance things by making everything crazier, just about every other dev should take note.

I was complaining about how legendaries drop too often (I had 4 drop from Gigamind on Mayhem 2 yesterday), but after playing the Mayhem modes, and particularly Mayhem 3, I kinda understand the reasoning behind it.

In BL2/TPS, you only really needed maybe 8-10 legendaries; one of each element type and which use different ammo types, and one or two which are really particular to your build.

Here though, because of the Mayhem modifiers, you might find yourself with over half your backpack being largely redundant at any given time, say if pistols, smgs and shotguns do decreased damage, and elemental damage is reduced. So all of a sudden you need to have more weapons of different types, and elemental/non-elemental ones too.

I still do think they drop too often (I got a legendary jakobs pistol in a small cash safe yesterday), but there's definitely a need to not just have the same rotation and reliance of 4-5 legendaries like in previous games. Mayhem mode really forces you to keep swapping and changing.

at this stage I'm looking for very specific loot, the only thing at the moment that's not a walk in the park is slaughterhouse on Mayhem 3
    found a purple mod for the siren last night that gave me a point in 2 1/1 skills in the fist of the elements tree, 3 in the blue, +5 grenades and 31% smg damage. I have a relic on the way that's going to give me 16% smg damage and 18% hok. A huntsman that does bonus damage when my action skill ends.

I don't even bother looking at the modifications anymore they don't make a big difference. Killed the gravewarden yesterday on mayhem 3 thinking it seemed a little harder checked mods and it was -50% smg -50% fire damage and that's what I used

It's maddening that a lot of the loot is in the general loot pool and not tied to certain bosses.

one of the guys i'm playing with has 12 characters. one to store ars, one for smgs, one for shotties......
    we're idiots but we're clever idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,167 ✭✭✭Notorious

I've just reached Eden 6 and I'm level 21. Leveling seems a lot slower than in previous games. I'm trying to do most of the side quests, so I'm never under leveled. Have to say that a lot of the game seems to be going through the motions. I'm not getting as much enjoyment out of BL3 compared to BL2, but that could also be down to playing the Operative class.

Some of the NPCs are a right pain in the arse. The twins could have been great enemies, but they're terribly boring. The videos they release are sickeningly annoying. I won't start on the siren in training.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

I suggest ignoring the side missions until after completing the main story.
    When you do go back and do them they will scale with your level.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Dcully wrote: »
    I suggest ignoring the side missions until after completing the main story.

Is there a reason for that?

gimli2112 wrote: »
    one of the guys i'm playing with has 12 characters. one to store ars, one for smgs, one for shotties......
    we're idiots but we're clever idiots

I'm doing the same and only today do I see how to rename the characters at the new-u station :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Is there a reason for that?

Once you complete campaign you unlock mayhem mode and TVHM.
    Then you can get stuck into all the side quests on whatever mayhem mode you can which will give you increased xp gain and better loot.
    Then once you hit lvl 50 you will unlock guardian ranks.

I've been reloading when I get the reflect modifier in mayhem mode. I didn't really think about it until I was farming killavolt.

Transformer shield + shock weapons + reflect = a good thing for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,896 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks to Dcully for dropping me lots of cash and a good few items earlier. Wasn't quite sure what all the explosions were when I was fighting a mini boss and how everything was dying so quick. Then I turned around and saw him in all his glory :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

you guys playing on PC or console?

I've been reloading when I get the reflect modifier in mayhem mode. I didn't really think about it until I was farming killavolt.

Transformer shield + shock weapons + reflect = a good thing for me :pac:

Yeah that modifier is just regoddamndiculous. Forgot about it when farming Graveward and destroyed myself with a vladof assault rifle

Also, have occasionally had the modifiers where assault rifles and snipers get +50% and pistols, smgs and shotguns get -50%, and another one with the exact opposite, I guess meaning they balance each other out

• Registered Users Posts: 27,896 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

nix wrote: »
    you guys playing on PC or console?

I'm on PC but only level 14. My GT is TitianGerm on Epic if you want to add me.

Anyone solved the rubix cube? Wouldn't have given it a second thought only a random I was playing with mentioned it as we passed it. Got nothing of worth from it in normal mode mayhem 3.

You can only do this once per character, I switched to TVHM Mayhem 3 and couldn't open it :(

• Advertisement

just got a couple of legendaries, nothing spectacular

Advertisement