Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,714 ✭✭✭Vernon WW

Vernon uses firefox on both his phone and laptop but only when playing WW. Easy way to avoid being naked on thread

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Likewise, it’s my opinion but I can see merit in staying hidden.

My thinking is that if we’ll say Brendan is the RV then a move off him doesn’t look wolfie

Eva WW wrote: »
    I'm with you on this, however I would be willing to die on said hill for it haha. I'd be pushing for the RVs to stay hidden as much as possible unless they feel like their openness can help the village! The village should not be in any way pointing to people they think are RVs or trying to find them on-thread.

If a RV thinks its better to come to the village sure but we should not be expecting this imo. I want to hear who people think are wolves not villagers. SK is always harder to judge though, especially when they haven't killed.

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Likewise, it’s my opinion but I can see merit in staying hidden.

My thinking is that if we’ll say Brendan is the RV then a move off him doesn’t look wolfie

If someone is in danger of being lynched and reveals you can't blame them but hopefully that won't be the case.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Just saying, went through all the posts late last night after reading glossary of terms and 2 people used the D0 N0 terminology. D0 apparently doesnt exist so indicates wolf well that was Vernon and Riona used N0 terminology which according to glossary is ok I think.

Just throwing it out there for ye to think about.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

Wendy WW wrote: »
    this here is surely a backroom slip

This is clutching.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,736 ✭✭✭Eva WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Just saying, went through all the posts late last night after reading glossary of terms and 2 people used the D0 N0 terminology. D0 apparently doesnt exist so indicates wolf well that was Vernon and Riona used N0 terminology which according to glossary is ok I think.

I have zero understanding of what you're trying to say here. Not sure if I'm just not getting it, or if you're being deliberately obtuse...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning all,

Why would the presumption be "Day 0 doesn't exist"? It always exists, right? Its the fluffy filled Sunday before we move into the first munch to kick off Day 1?

Katie WW wrote: »
    This is clutching.

I feel there's quite a bit of this going round tbh. That "slip", the drive to convince people there's two Explosive experts, the rabbit hole about the BG protection last night.

I know werewolf makes people prone towards overthinking things, but it feels as if there's some people leaning into that even more than usual.

tbh I think of it as D0 and N0 when the game starts that early on the day before day 1. Usually stuff posted on day/Night 0 is just fluff though with the game actually starting as per the OP with the D1 Munch. That said wolves have been caught acting weird before the game officially begins

• Advertisement

Not deliberately obtuse. D) according to glossary of terms stands for DAY zero which according to glossary doesnt exist so if it is used it is generally by a wolf adn after pouring over posts last night Vernon used it so maybe he is a wolf and Riona used N0 which is short for Night zero re Sunday and not sure of that term ok but if not could indicate she is a wolf

As a beginner I poured over glossary last night and this stood out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭Katie WW

I feel there's quite a bit of this going round tbh. That "slip", the drive to convince people there's two Explosive experts, the rabbit hole about the BG protection last night.

I know werewolf makes people prone towards overthinking things, but it feels as if there's some people leaning into that even more than usual.

Yeah I agree with this. The two explosive experts thing kept getting dragged up felt like one big derail being driven by someone.

Sorry should be D0 not D)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Vernon uses firefox on both his phone and laptop but only when playing WW. Easy way to avoid being naked on thread

Can't wait to see Naked Vern

Not deliberately obtuse. D) according to glossary of terms stands for DAY zero which according to glossary doesnt exist so if it is used it is generally by a wolf adn after pouring over posts last night Vernon used it so maybe he is a wolf and Riona used N0 which is short for Night zero re Sunday and not sure of that term ok but if not could indicate she is a wolf

As a beginner I poured over glossary last night and this stood out

Fair enough, thanks for the explanation.

I wouldn't dwell too much on that though to be fair, everyone has different ways of referring to things.

Morning all,

Why would the presumption be "Day 0 doesn't exist"? It always exists, right? Its the fluffy filled Sunday before we move into the first munch to kick off Day 1?

Because of this from glossary

D0 / N0 / D1 etc etc - shortened terminology for the phase the game is in. EG: N0 = Night 0, D1 = Day 1 etc.
    "D0 does not exist. Anybody who uses it is a wolf and trying to sow confusion on the thread, lynch them first.
    N0 = Night 0, or pregame. D1 = Day 1, a lynch happens at the end of day. N1 = Night 1, Night ends with a munch at dawn. D2= Day 2 etc...."

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

I’d consider all of Sunday up till 9pm as day zero. Dunno if I’ve used the terminology this game but I have in the past.

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Can't wait to see Naked Vern

Never know what to expect whenBabs is about ;)

5Gmp1Q.gif

D0 / N0 / D1 etc etc - shortened terminology for the phase the game is in. EG: N0 = Night 0, D1 = Day 1 etc.
    "D0 does not exist. Anybody who uses it is a wolf and trying to sow confusion on the thread, lynch them first.
    N0 = Night 0, or pregame. D1 = Day 1, a lynch happens at the end of day. N1 = Night 1, Night ends with a munch at dawn. D2= Day 2 etc...."

I feel like that line is satirical and just for fun to be honest haha

Did Keith write this? :D

• Advertisement

Hmmm. I have a feeling that could genuinely just be one of those things that's become a tad outdated, and the "Day 0" term has just become a colloquialism now among the group. I've not read the glossary in months though, and am surprised such a strong "lynch them first" line is in there.

(But that's probably a discussion for the post game).

Training pushed to quarter past. woohoo

Would it be worth trying to get some reads lists out today do you think?

The more information people put out there the better

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭Wendy WW

it cant hurt.

although it may if it leads to lynching of a rolled villager

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,625 ✭✭✭Desmond WW

Vernon WW wrote: »
    Not a hill im going to die on but I never think a NRV (which the Ex essentially is now) coming out helps anyone more than the wolves role hunting.

With autopriest I’d say executioner stays hidden for now. At some point we’ll need a village core but for now it’s just a role that the wolves can’t risk claiming while making role hunting a bit harder

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    Morning all

What’s the Orla slip?

The Orla/2D is a side show, an annoying one, pointless and is getting us nowhere. I think it probably clears Orla from being a wolf because it’s so ridiculous
    It also makes me doubt whether she’s just blowing smoke about Vernon too. I’m inclined to mute her for the time being, there’s always one headbanger in a game, Orla seems to have stepped up to the plate this time

I would have thought Brendan and Isla were the two in danger yesterday, I’d be looking at their voters for at least one wolf, probably one in each. Phil seemed to come out of nowhere, that could be a wolfie slip, it’s definitely not a good look for Derry. If one of Brendan or Isla flipped red then that’s where I’d look after.

I’d disagree with Vernon, I think the executioner should come out, it will help with vote analysis.

The above makes me wonder whether they are on the wolf team with Orla but probably wouldn't want to associate yourself with her this early if you both were wolves so I'm not sure.

Why would Phil voting for Gertrude be a wolfie slip though?

Also, why is it definitely not a good look for Derry?

Wendy WW wrote: »
    it cant hurt.

although it may if it leads to lynching of a rolled villager

hahah

"It can't hurt, but it could tho". You on drugs or what?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

I'll be reviewing the Phil voters

Someone makes a great point this morning about the heat being on Brendan and then all of a sudden Phil comes up.

I'm surprised by Phil's very defensive post last night about not being a mind reader. It's not how is act if I had nearly been killed out of no where

• Advertisement

What time’s this comp at today?

Advertisement