Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Hey folks back again feeling a little groggy but I'll live.

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

Seems our Jailkeeper blocked someone in last night or potentially blocked a wolf either. Not a tonne of posts to go through which is easy for the catch up but gonna make life difficult on the reads lists

If the jailkeeper blocked a particular wolf, and that wolf submitted the kill order, would that have prevented the name being submitted so have stopped the kill?

If so, the jailkeeper might be able to point us to a wolf, but we'd then lose our bodyguard...

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

For the morning of Day One, you seem super sure of this.

Yep I am, too many wolfy mistakes to be a villager, she talked herself into trouble and to think I was only shaking trees at the start trying to get a bit of convo going and here I am after shaking a wolf out of a tree on Day 1 :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

From the mod response it looks like there might be two players with bombing skills else I reckon he'd have said...intro.

Or we didn't ask the question correctly.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Yep I am, too many wolfy mistakes to be a villager, she talked herself into trouble and to think I was only shaking trees at the start trying to get a bit of convo going and here I am after shaking a wolf out of a tree on Day 1 :)

I'll say this; whether or not you're right about them, I'm liking how super aggressive you are being. Really don't think a baddy does that starting off.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

Right I'm only now actually noticing this seems to indicate it only blocks powers and not munches. What's people's thoughts if a wolf was blocked in would they loss their kill?

• Advertisement

Btw Doris, the vig "can gain access" to a bullet every day. I'd read that as he might not have a bullet today.

Fight on though guys, fight on.... ;)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Doris WW wrote: »
    Gladly, #1 fluff at the start seemed to scream I'm posting lies to deflect.

are you talking about whether expendables is on Netflix, if I turned it on, if it’s very realistic or if I had a bath?
    One of the above is a lie as Riona pointed out

#2 I call you out on these posts and immediately you go with the oh WHATEVEA reply which is usually a wolf in panic mode.

your ramblings at me earlier deserved nothing more than a “whatever Doris” as they are based on nothing

and #3 you now go down the deflection route of silly nicknames double d's :rolleyes: and gifs, usually a sign a wolf has been rumbled early and they were not expecting an early onslaught.

I don’t do :rolleyes: so it’s actually you that are making things up

It's ok Isla, it's not your fault, mistakes happen but you're a wolf and wolves must die. Vig shoot Isla please.

You need to calm down.

Right I'm only now actually noticing this seems to indicate it only blocks powers and not munches. What's people's thoughts if a wolf was blocked in would they loss their kill?

Bear with me, I'm utterly wrecked today.

Why does the description indicate that it only blocks powers and not munches? Is the munch not a night action?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

I won't be around much/at all until this evening. I look forward to catching up on the ding dong between Doris and Isla.

Angus WW wrote: »
    Bear with me, I'm utterly wrecked today.

Why does the description indicate that it only blocks powers and not munches? Is the munch not a night action?

Says will be protected from night actions and lose powers but a munch isn't a power really, it's a scheduled event or in my thinking it is anyway

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

He was busy teaching Roy how to dance

giphy.gif

This is super tasky.

Lunches are not powers and jailer protects against night actions. Munches are night actions so can be blocked.

Good work Jailer :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Got mixed up. Role blocker is evil jail keeper is good.

It’s 50/50 whether they protected a good or evil, isn’t it?

I see you go 'isnt it?' Why did you say 50/50 good / evil, then say 'isnt it?'

Can you explain in detail exactly what you mean here.

How is there a 50/50 chance that the jailkeeper keeped a good or evil.

Hey folks back again feeling a little groggy but I'll live.

Seems our Jailkeeper blocked someone in last night or potentially blocked a wolf either. Not a tonne of posts to go through which is easy for the catch up but gonna make life difficult on the reads lists

Why would the person being jailkeeped be potentially a wolf?
    Can you explain the scenario in detail how the keepee is a wolf, and we get the message 'someone has survived an attack'.

Take your time, rub that grogg of before answering if you wish.

If the jailkeeper blocked a particular wolf, and that wolf submitted the kill order, would that have prevented the name being submitted so have stopped the kill?

If so, the jailkeeper might be able to point us to a wolf, but we'd then lose our bodyguard...

Here it is again.

If the wolf who submitted the order was blocked, then how did somebody survive an attack?

Jailkeeper jailed someone who is not a wolf, they could be SK. There is exactly 0 reasons for them to come out.

Are tasks mentioned in any way in the OP? I didn’t think they were so does that mean there are tasks because we haven’t been told there isn’t tasks?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Unless The jailer stopped an SK or VIG kill ?

“Somebody has survived an attack”

I’m gonna say it cause it’s obvious and I can’t see an entire wolf team not consider this and don’t feel I am saying anything surprising.. Doris comes across as the jailer/role blocker who stoped the kill. They stopped Isla which is why they are going on so hard.

Is nobody else thinking this?

Isla WW wrote: »
    Are tasks mentioned in any way in the OP? I didn’t think they were so does that mean there are tasks because we haven’t been told there isn’t tasks?

I referred to this yesterday (the canary in the mine analogy). The fact that line about there being no on thread tasks is not in the OP would make me presume there absolutely is on thread tasks.

Reading over the OP, is it me or has the canary in the mineshaft died....

What does this mean?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Btw Doris, the vig "can gain access" to a bullet every day. I'd read that as he might not have a bullet today.

Fight on though guys, fight on.... ;)

This... this I didn't think of....

Fair enough Vig take the day off.

I say WE HANG ISLA!

Riona WW wrote: »
    I see you go 'isnt it?' Why did you say 50/50 good / evil, then say 'isnt it?'

Can you explain in detail exactly what you mean here.

How is there a 50/50 chance that the jailkeeper keeped a good or evil.

Why would the person being jailkeeped be potentially a wolf?
    Can you explain the scenario in detail how the keepee is a wolf, and we get the message 'someone has survived an attack'.

Take your time, rub that grogg of before answering if you wish.

Here it is again.

If the wolf who submitted the order was blocked, then how did somebody survive an attack?

Jailkeeper jailed someone who is not a wolf, they could be SK. There is exactly 0 reasons for them to come out.

Hey Riona, I hashed it out myself in the most recent posts before you posted the above

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    What does this mean?

I was wondering about that myself, glad you asked.

Derry WW wrote: »

I’m gonna say it cause it’s obvious and I can’t see an entire wolf team not consider this and don’t feel I am saying anything surprising.. Doris comes across as the jailer/role blocker who stoped the kill. They stopped Isla which is why they are going on so hard.

Try again with smaller words, like I'm 4.

• Advertisement

@Riona

I was questioning the 50/50 and if my thinking was correct. Hence, the question mark.

I was hoping that there was a 50% chance that they jailed the wolf who put in the kill order and that order was blocked. Giving the jail keeper a person to watch and possibly steer for a peek during the game.

But since that post, the question of whether a munch target is a duty rather than a power has come into play. So can the jail keeper rule out whomever they jailed as one of the wolfs.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Hey Riona, I hashed it out myself in the most recent posts before you posted the above
    Says will be protected from night actions and lose powers but a munch isn't a power really, it's a scheduled event or in my thinking it is anyway

This?
    Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody.

So, you think someone in protective custody can be munched, okay, whatever.

You're wrong.

But believe whatever you want.

What does this mean?
    I referred to this yesterday (the canary in the mine analogy). The fact that line about there being no on thread tasks is not in the OP would make me presume there absolutely is on thread tasks.

Literally answered in the post before yours, Steve.

Though, for clarity, the old time stories is that miners would bring a canary into mines where there was a risk of gas leaks. If there was a gas leak, or a problem with the air, the canary (being so tiny) would die first, warning the miners that they were in danger.

So the expression refers to the fact that typically in Werewolf, there's a rule that says there's no tasks on thread. That's our canary. But the rule is missing from the OP now. Its absence is an indicator there is probably tasks happening.

So back to the start of the thread and search for tasks.

Winifred posted 3 in a row but there’s 5 mins apart for each and they couldn’t control if someone else posted in between.

Riona was talking about the word member being in the OP 3 times. That was a strange post.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

The wind doth blow.

This?

You're wrong.

I didn't say that, if your gonna be aggressive then fine, not required but if it adds to uour game, shrug. I was discussing specifically the possibility the munch failed due to a wolf being blocked. It's not much of a role if the player in custody could be munched now really, is it!

Derry WW wrote: »

I was the one to bring up that the lack of kill was because the jailer jailed the wolf that put in that order.

If I was that wolf, why would I be bringing that to the jailers attention?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

This is super tasky.

Lunches are not powers and jailer protects against night actions. Munches are night actions so can be blocked.

Good work Jailer :)

giphy.gif

What is super tasky about it?

On the jailkeeper though you're right in that they can stop munches but probably only if they choose the munch target. However, whether or not they can prevent a munch depends on what the mods chose as their definition of 'power'. Their power could include their ability to post in a backroom and stopping that would prevent the kill order going in.

This?

You're wrong.

Also try the conversation rather than a post in isolation, it'll better help form an opinion based on fact rather than a snapshot post where you think you know what's happening

• Advertisement

Orla WW wrote: »
    The wind doth blow.

Which way is it blowing, Orla?

Advertisement