Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Riona WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    @Riona

I was questioning the 50/50 and if my thinking was correct. Hence, the question mark.

I was hoping that there was a 50% chance that they jailed the wolf who put in the kill order and that order was blocked. Giving the jail keeper a person to watch and possibly steer for a peek during the game.

But since that post, the question of whether a munch target is a duty rather than a power has come into play. So can the jail keeper rule out whomever they jailed as one of the wolfs.

You were questioning 50/50, but where did 50/50 come from. You are the originator of the 50/50 good/evil.
    Its not like you picked it up from somebody else and were questioning it.

You invented it.

so, 22 player,
    jail keeper jail keeps someone.

lets assume 5 evils for this.

so, if they picked a person, there is a 5/22 chance they are evil. ( that's far off 50/50 )

Now, at munch, the person that was in protective custody survives an attack, that brings the chances they are evil down to 1/22. (thats even further away from 50/50)

You can see why I question this 50/50 chance of being evil and wonder where in the heck you came up with that.

and because of the 'isn't it' afterward, I feel even worse about it.

I asked you to explain it, and you came back with the above. "I was questioning the 50/50" that you introduced.

Conor WW wrote: »
    I didn't say that, if your gonna be aggressive then fine, not required but if it adds to uour game, shrug. I was discussing specifically the possibility the munch failed due to a wolf being blocked. It's not much of a role if the player in custody could be munched now really, is it!

Why would the wolves block themselves?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

FFS Riona

50% chance they ate good and the jail keeper had protected them from the munch.

50% chance they are bad and the jail keeper halted their kill order.

2 options 50/50.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

Any talk of the jailkeepr coming out is crazy! Why would a roled goodie want to expose themselves this early in the game!
    Derry WW wrote: »
    Unless The jailer stopped an SK or VIG kill ?

“Somebody has survived an attack”

I’m gonna say it cause it’s obvious and I can’t see an entire wolf team not consider this and don’t feel I am saying anything surprising.. Doris comes across as the jailer/role blocker who stoped the kill. They stopped Isla which is why they are going on so hard.

Is nobody else thinking this?

The SK kill and the vig kill are anytime actions and can also but stored and used at a later date. The announcement was posted at 10am - the time of the scheduled wolf munch!

Are you trying to sow confusion?

You really are seeing things that aren’t there, Riona and making things confusing when they originally weren’t.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

I was the one to bring up that the lack of kill was because the jailer jailed the wolf that put in that order.

If I was that wolf, why would I be bringing that to the jailers attention?

If you were the Sk and your kill today didn’t happen then because you were in jail, wouldn’t that mean the jailer or role blocker knows you had a power to kill? So you would either be SK or explosive guy or vig?

Assuming a baddy (role blocker) wouldn’t risk coming out in case you were Vig, that would mean the Jailer would know you had a failed kill. I presume they would go in hard if they hadn’t thought you could be the village VIG.

That’s just a theory. Mornings kill could of just as easily been bomb squad protecting an SK target.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Which way is it blowing, Orla?

It's blowing down your neck I imagine.

Jake WW wrote: »
    Any talk of the jailkeepr coming out is crazy! Why would a roled goodie want to expose themselves this early in the game!

The SK kill and the vig kill are anytime actions and can also but stored and used at a later date. The announcement was posted at 10am - the time of the scheduled wolf munch!

Are you trying to sow confusion?

They can also be at 10. Sk has option to use anytime, so why not first thing? Vig could prob have a placeholder kill order for 10.

FFS Riona

50% chance they ate good and the jail keeper had protected them from the munch.

50% chance they are bad and the jail keeper halted their kill order.

2 options 50/50.

Oh, Like the chance of scoring a backet shot from 50 yards away with a basketball.

50% chance you get it in
    50% chance you miss

2 options 50/50

yeah, and there is a 50/50 chance of winning the lotto, either you do or you don't, two options, 50/50.

:eek:

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Riona WW wrote: »
    Why would the wolves block themselves?

I dunno why would they?

Jailkeeper is a village role.

The initial discussion was about if the Jailkeeper blocked wolf x, then wolf x placed a kill order would that be blocked via the mechanism of blocking a power in the Jailkeepers role, on further examination though, a munch is an action, not a power therefore it failed because a villager was protected.

I really can't make this much clearer, I'm not feeling your getting this though :/

• Advertisement

I don’t get why you keep mentioning the vig.

10am is munch time. The munch failed for whatever reason. This is the time the evils work not the vig.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Steve WW

giphy.gif

What is super tasky about it?

On the jailkeeper though you're right in that they can stop munches but probably only if they choose the munch target. However, whether or not they can prevent a munch depends on what the mods chose as their definition of 'power'. Their power could include their ability to post in a backroom and stopping that would prevent the kill order going in.

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

The player is protected from night actions, munches are a night action, not a power. The protected player is therefore not a Wolf, but obviously can still be the SK.

I think it's pretty clear.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Steve WW wrote: »
    Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

The player is protected from night actions, munches are a night action, not a power. The protected player is therefore not a Wolf, but obviously can still be the SK.

I think it's pretty clear.

But what if the jailkeeper unknowingly picks a wolf?

I don’t get why you keep mentioning the vig.

10am is munch time. The munch failed for whatever reason. This is the time the evils work not the vig.

Vig can have a placeholder in on a kill that happens right after the munch. Sk can usually kill at same time or around same time as munch. We actually are not sure yet who did this mornings targeting. All we know was somebody was targeted and didn’t die. We will find out over the day and maybe tomorrow (kill post) who tried the kill this morning.

Riona WW wrote: »
    New spreadsheet opened.
    I've already got notes on 4 of you.

The op has 3 occurrences of the word member. I thought it odd that they kept saying member. I wonder how many expendable members there are in total.

How many words are in the OP? In a game where there are teams, why would it be odd to call them members?

Doris WW wrote: »

I thought usually anybody on a wolf team can make a kill order? I can’t remember being on a bad team when the baddies can’t make a kill order if one dies or is jailed?! Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

Their power would be blocked if they had one, there would still be a munch etc!

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

When I initially saw this I thought we were in bother, the most likely thing for the jailer to do it protect themselves, if that’s the case then the wolves know who that person is already and will just munch them tomorrow. And before people go off their nut that’s hardly the third secret of Fatima, they’ll have figured that out

However the OP says the jail keeper:
    Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

You could read that as meaning they can’t protect themselves? Because if they did then their power wouldn’t work and so they couldn’t use the protection.

So if they did protect someone all they know is that person isn’t a wolf is my reading

I thought usually anybody on a wolf team can make a kill order? I can’t remember being on a bad team when the baddies can’t make a kill order if one dies or is jailed?! Anybody else want to weigh in on this?

The kill will still count, they are actions not powers

Vig can have a placeholder in on a kill that happens right after the munch. Sk can usually kill at same time or around same time as munch. We actually are not sure yet who did this mornings targeting. All we know was somebody was targeted and didn’t die. We will find out over the day and maybe tomorrow (kill post) who tried the kill this morning.

Why????? Why would the vig on day zero put a placeholder in on a player when they have no idea who is going to be munched?

That makes no sense at all.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

They can also be at 10. Sk has option to use anytime, so why not first thing? Vig could prob have a placeholder kill order for 10.

But if that was one of the other kills, then where was the munch announcement?

How many words are in the OP? In a game where there are teams, why would it be odd to call them members?

Member has multiple meanings.

Why????? Why would the vig on day zero put a placeholder in on a player when they have no idea who is going to be munched?

That makes no sense at all.

I've gotta agree with Isla on this one! Why would you have a place with a vig shot. I highly doubt there is placeholders for vig hits

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

The quiet OP and slow thread has me worried. I say there must be something happening in the backrooms...

What exactly had you worried......? A quiet OP you contributed to thanks to your absence

This post stinks of posting for the sake of posting.

The wolves would have to target one of their own, and know that the jail keeper is going to protect them. Practically impossible.

It still doesn't clear the person protected as they could be the SK so even if they could do it, there's not a great payoff.

Excellent the wolves failed to shoot their load. :pac:

This post was at 1 min past 10.

Where were you Isla pre-munch?

What does this question matter?

Conor WW wrote: »
    The kill will still count, they are actions not powers

Exactly , so this morning didn’t happen because a wolf was stopped from placing a kill order.

So what could of happened this morning?

-It could of been the Sk being jailed - Failed kill
    - it Could of been VIG being jailed - failed kill
    - it could of been one punch oracle jailed - failed kill

What else could it be?

Well these are terribly weak defences. Isla is a wolf folks, Vigilante shot Isla and ye all can thank me after her furry corpse is taken away.

Ruffling feathers here......most wolves would stay hidden early on..... this post has me leaning Doris good

• Advertisement

Vig shot is day action, which is after munch.

Vigilante: Can gain access to a bullet per day for use at a time of their own choosing So they can actually use it any time between munch and lynch.

Even if it was vig, where was the munch? Two actions blocked on day zero, one silently?

Morning was blocked Munch, put this to bed at this stage.

Advertisement