Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Expendawolves GAME THREAD

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to wolves purposefully misfiring?

There is a slim potential benefit, albeit a risky one that if they do so it would make the jailkeeper think they've found a wolf. Although the jailkeeper would be equally as likely to think they protected someone as stopping someone from killing. Also the jailkeeper might be jailing a wolf so it wouldn't be a great idea.

All in all I don't see much benefit.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    Is there any benefit to wolves purposefully misfiring?

None IMO

In the long run it’s probably bad news for the village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Wolf kills arent really a power to be blocked by a roleblocker, at least from when its come up in previous games. I think it was the jailkeeper OR wolves failed a task or something and didnt get a kill. As there are 2 baddie teams, they may have to compete for the first kill to make sure the kill rate isnt crazy straight out the gates.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Winifred WW

Isla WW wrote: »
    Pre munch? You mean between game opening yesterday and 10am this morning?

Where were you?

He was busy teaching Roy how to dance

giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

How would they purposely misfire? Doubt that’s even possible

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Modulator Announcement:

Someone has survived an attack.
    Liam WW wrote: »
    Wolf kills arent really a power to be blocked by a roleblocker, at least from when its come up in previous games. I think it was the jailkeeper OR wolves failed a task or something and didnt get a kill. As there are 2 baddie teams, they may have to compete for the first kill to make sure the kill rate isnt crazy straight out the gates.

Look at the announcement, somebody survived an attack. This suggests somebody was targeted and they survived. Who can potentially actually do that outside of Jail breaker? Sk maybe? Do you think this is just flavor and it could of been a failed task, but why would they even get an attempt?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Derry WW wrote: »
    Look at the announcement, somebody survived an attack. This suggests somebody was targeted and they survived. Who can potentially actually do that outside of Jail breaker? Sk maybe? Do you think this is just flavor and it could of been a failed task, but why would they even get an attempt?

I dunno - its the expendables game. Attacks are gonna happen. Could just be flavour that all attacks happen and are successful or not.

I actually am favouring the idea of a jailkeeper protect over failed task, but worth keeping an open mind since there are mod secrets we dont know.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Whatever Doris. The majority of yesterday was little talk so don’t pin silly filler comments on me alone.
    Pre munch? You mean between game opening yesterday and 10am this morning?

Where were you?

Well these are terribly weak defences. Isla is a wolf folks, Vigilante shot Isla and ye all can thank me after her furry corpse is taken away.

Doris WW wrote: »
    Well these are terribly weak defences. Isla is a wolf folks, Vigilante shot Isla and ye all can thank me after her furry corpse is taken away.

Vig *shoot Isla.

please :)

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭Isla WW

Wrap it up folks. Detective Doris has it solved already.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭Jake WW

If we are right about the kill being blocked by the jail keeper then this means that players had their powers from D0 and that other may hopefully have received information that will help us when the time is right.

Wrap it up folks. Detective Doris has it solved already.

Correct I have this one solved, one down, not sure how many left though.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Morning guys and gals.

Is the presumption then that the "jailbreaker" is a bodyguard who also happens to block the powers of whoever they protect?

Just reading the OP again. Can the explosive guy put explosives on people, not detonate for a few days and kill a load of people at the same time!
    Can subsequently detonate the charge at any stage during the next day phase, or store the detonate action for future (and explosive) use.

Not sure why he would do that other then to put on a show of shock and awe but it seems to be possible if the OP is accurate

Also, I presume there is only one explosive guy? Or do we think two for our jail keeper to find? There is explosive expert mentioned before tye SK aswell as the SK?!

I thought that too Derry and I think (Clodagh?) mentioned it earlier.

Mods, can you clarify whether the bit about the explosives expert was just the intro to the SKs role?

That's my read on the SK.

I'd presume it gives him potential to cause damage at specific times. Imagine a detonation 10 minutes before a lynch.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mods, can you clarify whether the bit about the explosives expert was just the intro to the SKs role?

Shrug-Emoji.jpg

Well, that clears it up.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Holly WW

Good morning all.

That survived munch actually gives us nothing to work off.

Just aswel Doris is playing though because she can obviously spot the baddies very quickly

Holly WW wrote: »
    Good morning all.

That survived munch actually gives us nothing to work off.

Just aswel Doris is playing though because she can obviously spot the baddies very quickly

Detective Doris shall from this moment on be known as Double Ds.

• Advertisement

HxvLMy6.gif

Detective Doris shall from this moment on be known as Double Ds.

you shall forever be known as a dead wolfie.... sweating in your fur!

Viggy where are you me auld flower? wakey wakey and shot Isla please, she's so wolfy she had to comb her wrist to tell the time.

HxvLMy6.gif

Ah yes gifs after a call out the currency of the beaten wolf

you shall forever be known as a dead wolfie.... sweating in your fur!

Viggy where are you me auld flower? wakey wakey and shot Isla please, she's so wolfy she had to comb her wrist to tell the time.

And when they “shot” me and I am announced as a dead goodun, what then? The vig is down a bullet and you..............?

And when they “shot” me and I am announced as a dead goodun, what then? The vig is down a bullet and you..............?

If you turn out to be good I'll be happy for the village to lynch me. But we both know you're not good my hairy fiend.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Hey folks back again feeling a little groggy but I'll live.

Jailkeeper: Selects a player each night to place in protective custody. The player selected will be unable to be targeted for night actions, however their own powers, if any will also be blocked as a result.

Seems our Jailkeeper blocked someone in last night or potentially blocked a wolf either. Not a tonne of posts to go through which is easy for the catch up but gonna make life difficult on the reads lists

So, me dead then you dead and if you are good that’s two of us gone. Plus, a wasted bullet and possibly a wasted lynch. Have you thought this through, Doris?

Lay all your accusations on me in one post. Why am I so wolfy to you?

If you turn out to be good I'll be happy for the village to lynch me. But we both know you're not good my hairy fiend.

For the morning of Day One, you seem super sure of this.

So, me dead then you dead and if you are good that’s two of us gone. Plus, a wasted bullet and possibly a wasted lynch. Have you thought this through, Doris?

Lay all your accusations on me in one post. Why am I so wolfy to you?

Gladly, #1 fluff at the start seemed to scream I'm posting lies to deflect.

#2 I call you out on these posts and immediately you go with the oh WHATEVEA reply which is usually a wolf in panic mode.

and #3 you now go down the deflection route of silly nicknames double d's :rolleyes: and gifs, usually a sign a wolf has been rumbled early and they were not expecting an early onslaught.

It's ok Isla, it's not your fault, mistakes happen but you're a wolf and wolves must die. Vig shoot Isla please.

• Advertisement

Be funny if Doris was the baddy role blocker who blocked SK (Isla). I can think of more tragic/disturbing scenarios though!

Why come out so strong against Isla? There is more then one way to get somebody killed and if Doris is right about Isla then I would of thought the wolves have considered what some of us (I presume) are thinking.

Advertisement