Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 - transfer thread

• 21-09-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭

KWP out, not sure for who yet but was lucky to avoid a second drop on him last night.
    Held Incase he got back into team today

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

KWP to Soyuncu
    Ceballos to Son

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

Digne v aurier ..... Thoughts ??
    Thinking about going aurier

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,131 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Sterling out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,715 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Might wildcard a couple of weeks earlier than I've been half planning.

City assets are a pain in the hoop....should have known from last year but fell into the trap again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Banking

He says not even believing it himself

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

KWP and Zinchenko. Been another bad day at the office time to clear things up a bit. Think I'll probably take a 4 or even 8 pointer and consider it a mini WC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Digne to Otamendi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,578 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Have two. Digne to soy likely to be one of them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,288 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Too many to choose from - Digne, Zich, Sterling, Ceballos, maybe even Vardy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Digne to someone cheap. I'll have made the full transition to 5 cheapie defenders then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Zinkchenko to Otamendi

And maybe Sterling to KDB reluctantly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭macraignil

Taking my first hit of the season to go Zinchenko and Cabellos out for Guilbert and De Bruyne. Leaves me 1mill in the bank to upgrade someone else next week to help turn around a terrible start to the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

shineon23 wrote: »
    Zinkchenko to Otamendi

And maybe Sterling to KDB reluctantly.

KDB could randomly not play again. I'd be very cautious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭nullObjects

dsmythy wrote: »

+1 also Sterling has had his rest so hopefully he doesn't get rested again in the short term

dsmythy wrote: »

What about the extra 2.4 ml...........KDB has been sensational this season
    There is no good reason not to own him
    Whether it’s with sterling or instead of

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

KWP to Otamendi done before drop/rise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,916 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

callaway92 wrote:
    KWP to Soyuncu Ceballos to Son

Son in?

Was just coming in the see what other gw6 wildcarders who brought him in where planning on doing. Spurs a bit of a mess at the moment but fixtures are very promising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Zinc to Ota with the first ft tonight before any price changes. I'll use the second later in the week, probably even treat myself to a -4 as I am having a good week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Thinking of getting rid of Joelington and Digne. Could bring in Abraham and would have 4.7 to get a defender in. Thoughts on this? Any suggestions for defender in that range? Maybe Pieters?

Ederson--Button

Digne--Robertson--Wan-Bissaka--Lundstram--Simpson

Salah--De Bruyne--Mount--Cantwell--McGinn

Pukki--Aguero--Joelington

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Is zinc done now? Will mendy be the regular ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Zinchenko > Otamendi

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Is zinc done now? Will mendy be the regular ?

2 question marks in one post over a premium defender tells you all you need to know
    Especially one with very little attacking output

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is Sterling injured or something?....otherwise I don’t see why people are rushing to get rid of him.....he was bound to be rested at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Is Sterling injured or something?....otherwise I don’t see why people are rushing to get rid of him.....he was bound to be rested at some stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,164 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Tusky wrote: »
    Thinking of getting rid of Joelington and Digne. Could bring in Abraham and would have 4.7 to get a defender in. Thoughts on this? Any suggestions for defender in that range? Maybe Pieters?

Ederson--Button

Digne--Robertson--Wan-Bissaka--Lundstram--Simpson

Salah--De Bruyne--Mount--Cantwell--McGinn

Pukki--Aguero--Joelington

Soyuncu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,421 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Digne to Otamendi

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Rikand wrote: »
    Digne to Otamendi

same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Digne to Soyunci

Rikand wrote: »
    Digne to Otamendi
    ElTel wrote: »
    same.

Lads as an Everton fan, It will be the most Everton thing ever to go 1-0 up against City and get absolutely tanked.

• Advertisement

Chlorine1 wrote: »
    good
    Not if someone brings in Ota for a clean sheet

Not if someone brings in Ota for a clean sheet

Even if he doesn't keep a cleanie, the following four City fixtures look primed for some shutouts.

Soyuncu

They’ve only kept one clean sheet though. Is he likely to get the odd assist/goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Why all the Soyuncu love? Leicester never strike me as a team that will keep clean sheets. I had Chilwell & Perreira last year and they were awful purchases. No sign of an improvement defensively this season either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Digne, Walker & Robinson

to

Aurier, Bernardo Silva & Soyuncu

For a -4, too kneejerky?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Soyuncu players for a team managed by Brendan Rodgers, not a man known for having his teams defensively solid.

Watford 38 conceded in 26
    Reading 33 in 21
    Swansea 97 in 87
    Liverpool 153 in 122

Soyuncu doesn’t appear to have that much attacking threat either.

They have good fixtures coming up, but no way I’d rely on a Rodgers defender if you are looking for CS.

• Advertisement

Why all the Soyuncu love? Leicester never strike me as a team that will keep clean sheets. I had Chilwell & Perreira last year and they were awful purchases. No sign of an improvement defensively this season either

What about Pieters? Has 8 more points than Soyuncu and a reasonably good run of fixtures coming up.

Contemplating a mini Wildy for a -8

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> Otamendi
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Really want Son in my team. Only issue is it’s for with Cantwell/Dendonker so funds need to be found. Would prefer to sell the later but 4.4 defenders are poor enough. Thoughts?

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

Actually the more I look at it option 2 is better possibly getting rid of Dendonker & going with a 4.4 defender. Sometimes you have to write it down to get a better picture of your madness!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,655 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Really want Son in my team. Only issue is it’s for with Cantwell/Dendonker so funds need to be found. Would prefer to sell the later but 4.4 defenders are poor enough. Thoughts?

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

Actually the more I look at it option 2 is better possibly getting rid of Dendonker & going with a 4.4 defender. Sometimes you have to write it down to get a better picture of your madness!!

I still don't have a picture of it. Both options look the same to me, except you have an additional Salah to Mane in option 1?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got vestegard and aguero in for digne and auba, leaves me with,
    Gunn- button
    Vestegard-pieters- Kelly - lundstram-pva
    Cantwell-mount-kdb-sterling-salah
    Aguero-pukki-greenwood
    Which Im fairly happy with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,040 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Benimar wrote: »
    Soyuncu players for a team managed by Brendan Rodgers, not a man known for having his teams defensively solid.

Watford 38 conceded in 26
    Reading 33 in 21
    Swansea 97 in 87
    Liverpool 153 in 122

Soyuncu doesn’t appear to have that much attacking threat either.

They have good fixtures coming up, but no way I’d rely on a Rodgers defender if you are looking for CS.
    Slim enough pickens at that price though. Leicester have a very strong midfield and should dominate possession in their up coming fixtures so reasonable chance of a few clean sheets.

Most already have Lund and Burnley defence covered, the others at that price don't look great. I'd rather have Soy with great fixtures than Bournemouth, Brighton, etc. defence with mixed fixtures tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

im looking at rico too, is he now guaranteed his spot? did someone get injured or how did he end up starting?

Tusky wrote: »
    They’ve only kept one clean sheet though. Is he likely to get the odd assist/goal?

He doesn’t have much attacking threat but he’s a cheap way into a team that will almost certainly be top 8 this season. Leicester’s fixtures are very good for the next few months so I think Söyüncü is a decent option.

I still don't have a picture of it. Both options look the same to me, except you have an additional Salah to Mane in option 1?

Apologies I had a mistake in option 1, Otamendi in defence in option 1 with the cash created form Salah to Mane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Ignore GW1, and then tell me if you think Sterling is producing the returns someone his price range should be? I said it before the game yesterday that there are guys in the city team with more double digit scores than him. Kdb and Dilva both have 3 double digit scores. Dilva is nearly 5m cheaper.

It's very easy to justify getting rid of Sterling, many might want Aguero for instance - scored in all 6 game so far this season - could have had 5 yesterday, despite being 5-0 up - Pep didn't throw Jesus on for a game which tells you all you need to know about how many minutes Jesus will get imo.

Will Sterling "punish" the sellers, well he might get a big score, but if the sellers where getting in KdB/Dilva/Aguero then they will probably have got the gains.

The game is about having players at the right time, I have Sterling atm, but getting say Dilva and having near 5m extra to spend, that could open all sorts of opportunities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,778 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Zinc to Ota with the first ft tonight before any price changes. I'll use the second later in the week, probably even treat myself to a -4 as I am having a good week.

-4 could see you drop 50k+ places before a ball is kicked, so need to be carefully to see if it's really worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,063 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Zinc and Haller on the chopping block for me. Maybe otamendi and Abraham in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Done zinc to otamendi to as have a ft, seems the main move this week. I'd shift digne aswell if was any attractive options,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,596 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would Mendy be too risky? Was gonna get Otamendi but that Watford game was a freak result /performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have 2 fts.
    Team is:
    Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Lowton Lundstram
    Salah KdB Mount
    Aguero Haller Auba
    (Button Douglas L. Guendozi Hanley)

Thinking either Digne/Haller to Otamendi/Abraham

Or Digne/Haller/Mount to Aurier/Son/Ayew?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,266 ✭✭✭COH

Thinking either Digne/Haller to Otamendi/Abraham

Or Digne/Haller/Mount to Aurier/Son/Ayew?

First one for sure. Abrahams in great form and Chelseas fixtures look great. City sure to keep a few clean sheets surely.

Why anyone would consider Ayew is beyond me and Spurs are very hit and miss.

• Advertisement
Advertisement