Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 7 - transfer thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,096 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Kind of thinking about getting rid of Sterling. It would give much more balance to my team and revert back to my preferred 3-4-3 from my current 4-4- even though I’m doing quite well.

Maybe Dilva for Sterling and Abraham in for Greenwood. Would give me a forward line of Pukki Aguero and Abraham who has very good upcoming fixtures. Seems a very sensible move give the numbers Abraham is doing. Don’t really want to take another -4 though.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,400 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Kind of thinking about getting rid of Sterling. It would give much more balance to my team and revert back to my preferred 3-4-3 from my current 4-4- even though I’m doing quite well.

Maybe Dilva for Sterling and Abraham in for Greenwood. Would give me a forward line of Pukki Aguero and Abraham who has very good upcoming fixtures. Seems a very sensible move give the numbers Abraham is doing. Don’t really want to take another -4 though.

Find some other way. Sterling will play all of the upcoming games now whereas the Silvas or kdb might suddenly be rested.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

No clean sheets plus he's putting balls in for non scoring attackers so no assists.

Also Man City up next so if you're going to transfer him it probably makes sense to do it now. He's near a drop as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Did digne,awb and barnes to Taa, diop and Abraham for a -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Did digne,awb and barnes to Taa, diop and Abraham for a -4.
    That was definitely worth it IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

A.Barnes to Firminho

or

Ceballos to Mount/Lamela/Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

ShimSlady wrote: »
    A.Barnes to Firminho

or

Ceballos to Mount/Lamela/Maddison

B mount or Maddison

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

darego wrote: »
    im looking at rico too, is he now guaranteed his spot? did someone get injured or how did he end up starting?

Charlie Daniels and Adam Smith injuries got him in. Smith can cover left back. Their new left back signing Kelly has been injured too. He's close to fitness so he's the threat as they forked out the dough for him. Though they also forked out for Rico and didn't play him for a year so no idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭scotchy

Looking at getting West Ham defender in, but which one?

Any ideas?

💙 💛 💙 💛 💙 💛

scotchy wrote: »

Any ideas?

Got Fredrick’s on wildcard
    Good attacking threat
    But wait and see if he is over his knock at weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Any ideas?

Massuaku is probably the best as he has real assist threat. I don't see any of the other defenders having much of a threat going forward, Diop or Ogbonna might get you 1 or 2 goals over a full season but they're not a real consistent set piece threat.

However, Cresswell came in for Massuaku (who was suspended for getting a red) and played well, scoring a great freekick. So while he appeared nailed before he might not be now.

So right now I would go for Diop for nailedness and bonus potential. But if Masuaku comes straight back in then Masuaku.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Any ideas?
    You're reckon Cresswell (4.9m) is the outstanding pick seeing as he's just back from injury at a good price, and on set pieces with a proven track history of attacking returns. Only question is he worth the extra few bob.

EDIT: and his place as Morzadec says above. Probably best to wait and see once Masuaku returns.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

I'd also consider that if you're wildcarding now, centre-backs are less likely to get rested over the busy Christmas period. That's the stage of the season where you're often relying on your 4.5 defenders to come off the bench and at least get you 2 points with the chance of more.

Another reason to go with Diop imo who I think probably won't be rested / rotated at any stage as long as he doesn't get injured. He's highly rated and key to their defence afaik and I think is the only 100% nailed defender for the rest of the season as there's competition for all other areas.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,661 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Find some other way. Sterling will play all of the upcoming games now whereas the Silvas or kdb might suddenly be rested.

You actually don't know that, KdB was on bench v Norwich, and look what happened, there is as much chance of Sterling being benched next week as there is KdB imo. KdB was missed in the Norwich game so will he risk benching him again?

Sterling's returns to date have been poor especially if you ignore GW1. He's 12.1m, where as DSilva is 7.5m and has 3 double digit scores. There is a lot you can do with an extra 4.6m, that will more than make up for him getting a big score.

How long will you hold onto Sterling if he blanks next game, and the game after?

It's like guys holding onto the premium defenders because they will come good, but waiting for them to come good, means losing out on returns from players who already have come good.

Most people got away with Sterling this week, as they got Lundstram or some other hero off the bench and so they aren't bother that he was rested and got no return, but next week you might be like, wtf is Pep doing with Sterling, can't be trusted to start xzy. FF managers are very short term in thinking, one GW can have a huge bearing of their transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,829 ✭✭✭shineon23

[HTML][/HTML]
    shineon23 wrote: »
    Zinkchenko to Otamendi

And maybe Sterling to KDB reluctantly.

Went ahead and did this below the price changes,
    Think it would cost me 0.3 more to do this now.

Thinking about a hit before the deadline to move Dendonker up to Mount to give myself another starting option and Chelsea have a very nice run coming up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have 2FT so thinking Digne/Barnes to Otamendi/Abraham

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Is Tomori nailed on?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Is Tomori nailed on?
    He may be nailed on but so is him getting only 2 points. Chelsea can't keep a cs and Emerson being out and Alonso coming in won't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

I was thinking martial, Digne, mings out for TAA, maddison, Rico for a - 4. What ya think lads? Only problem is maddison is yellow flagged so not sure if he's injured or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Zinchenko out. .1 short for Mendy.

Maybe Chilwell or Soyuncu?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,201 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Is Tomori nailed on?

For the foreseeable yeah

No one is keeping CS’s and too much of a minefield trying to predict who will

I got him as he has a decent chance, cheap in DF and allows me to strengthen my front 7/8

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Zinchenko out - Lowton in

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Any chance that Zinchenko comes back into the City team this week?

I've had no decent return from Digne so was hoping to get rid of him this week but not sure who to switch to. Also have Zinchenko and can't really have another week of my defence returning a really poor score. I've had a few weeks of decent attacking returns and zilch from the back and it's killing me.

If I cut both, I'd have 11.5 to spend on new defenders. Any tips on who to back if I did go for it (it'd be a -4, not sure it's worth it tbh but I'm considering all my options!)

I've had no decent return from Digne so was hoping to get rid of him this week but not sure who to switch to. Also have Zinchenko and can't really have another week of my defence returning a really poor score. I've had a few weeks of decent attacking returns and zilch from the back and it's killing me.

If I cut both, I'd have 11.5 to spend on new defenders. Any tips on who to back if I did go for it (it'd be a -4, not sure it's worth it tbh but I'm considering all my options!)
    Keep digne at least you can be sure he will start
    Sell zinchenko

• Registered Users Posts: 7,078 ✭✭✭the whole year inn

Ace2007 wrote: »
    You actually don't know that, KdB was on bench v Norwich, and look what happened, there is as much chance of Sterling being benched next week as there is KdB imo. KdB was missed in the Norwich game so will he risk benching him again?

Sterling's returns to date have been poor especially if you ignore GW1. He's 12.1m, where as DSilva is 7.5m and has 3 double digit scores. There is a lot you can do with an extra 4.6m, that will more than make up for him getting a big score.

How long will you hold onto Sterling if he blanks next game, and the game after?

It's like guys holding onto the premium defenders because they will come good, but waiting for them to come good, means losing out on returns from players who already have come good.

Most people got away with Sterling this week, as they got Lundstram or some other hero off the bench and so they aren't bother that he was rested and got no return, but next week you might be like, wtf is Pep doing with Sterling, can't be trusted to start xzy. FF managers are very short term in thinking, one GW can have a huge bearing of their transfers.
    Sterling is going to be 20 goals a season player and plays up front but is marked as a mid fielder. Sterling wont be rested as he can play across the front.
    I personaly have both Sterling and KDB makes it so much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Zinchenko to Otamendi maybe?

Sterling is going to be 20 goals a season player and plays up front but is marked as a mid fielder. Sterling wont be rested as he can play across the front.
    I personaly have both Sterling and KDB makes it so much easier.

Sterling was rested at weekend so I don’t think anyone can say he won’t be rested

• Registered Users Posts: 41 The Hoarse Whisperer

I'm thinking of Zinc to Azpi for Gw7. Think Azpi and Chelsea can keep a cleanie at the weekend and have a good run of fixtures coming up. However haven't kept a cleanie so far. Also think Azpi has potential for offensive scoring as evidenced by his assist and almost for his goal ruled out against Liverpool. What do boardsies think? Am I missing something or would an alternative choice be better? Set on transferring Zinc anyway and have Sterling and Kdb. Alternatives considered include Pereira, Aurier and Mendy

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Digne OUT
    Perreria IN

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

I'm thinking of Zinc to Azpi for Gw7. Think Azpi and Chelsea can keep a cleanie at the weekend and have a good run of fixtures coming up. However haven't kept a cleanie so far. Also think Azpi has potential for offensive scoring as evidenced by his assist and almost for his goal ruled out against Liverpool. What do boardsies think? Am I missing something or would an alternative choice be better? Set on transferring Zinc anyway and have Sterling and Kdb. Alternatives considered include Pereira, Aurier and Mendy
    Don't think azpi is worth the extra 1.4m over tomori, Think Chelsea have great value players in Abraham and mount so prefer to target there for Chelsea.

Advertisement