Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 7 - transfer thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Not if someone brings in Ota for a clean sheet

Even if he doesn't keep a cleanie, the following four City fixtures look primed for some shutouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Soyuncu

They’ve only kept one clean sheet though. Is he likely to get the odd assist/goal?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Why all the Soyuncu love? Leicester never strike me as a team that will keep clean sheets. I had Chilwell & Perreira last year and they were awful purchases. No sign of an improvement defensively this season either

• Registered Users Posts: 11,185 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Digne, Walker & Robinson

to

Aurier, Bernardo Silva & Soyuncu

For a -4, too kneejerky?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Soyuncu players for a team managed by Brendan Rodgers, not a man known for having his teams defensively solid.

Watford 38 conceded in 26
    Reading 33 in 21
    Swansea 97 in 87
    Liverpool 153 in 122

Soyuncu doesn’t appear to have that much attacking threat either.

They have good fixtures coming up, but no way I’d rely on a Rodgers defender if you are looking for CS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,055 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Why all the Soyuncu love? Leicester never strike me as a team that will keep clean sheets. I had Chilwell & Perreira last year and they were awful purchases. No sign of an improvement defensively this season either

What about Pieters? Has 8 more points than Soyuncu and a reasonably good run of fixtures coming up.

Contemplating a mini Wildy for a -8

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> Otamendi
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Really want Son in my team. Only issue is it’s for with Cantwell/Dendonker so funds need to be found. Would prefer to sell the later but 4.4 defenders are poor enough. Thoughts?

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

Actually the more I look at it option 2 is better possibly getting rid of Dendonker & going with a 4.4 defender. Sometimes you have to write it down to get a better picture of your madness!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Really want Son in my team. Only issue is it’s for with Cantwell/Dendonker so funds need to be found. Would prefer to sell the later but 4.4 defenders are poor enough. Thoughts?

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

Actually the more I look at it option 2 is better possibly getting rid of Dendonker & going with a 4.4 defender. Sometimes you have to write it down to get a better picture of your madness!!

I still don't have a picture of it. Both options look the same to me, except you have an additional Salah to Mane in option 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Got vestegard and aguero in for digne and auba, leaves me with,
    Gunn- button
    Vestegard-pieters- Kelly - lundstram-pva
    Cantwell-mount-kdb-sterling-salah
    Aguero-pukki-greenwood
    Which Im fairly happy with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Benimar wrote: »
    Soyuncu players for a team managed by Brendan Rodgers, not a man known for having his teams defensively solid.

Watford 38 conceded in 26
    Reading 33 in 21
    Swansea 97 in 87
    Liverpool 153 in 122

Soyuncu doesn’t appear to have that much attacking threat either.

They have good fixtures coming up, but no way I’d rely on a Rodgers defender if you are looking for CS.
    Slim enough pickens at that price though. Leicester have a very strong midfield and should dominate possession in their up coming fixtures so reasonable chance of a few clean sheets.

Most already have Lund and Burnley defence covered, the others at that price don't look great. I'd rather have Soy with great fixtures than Bournemouth, Brighton, etc. defence with mixed fixtures tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son
    Salah —-> Mane

Could do for a -4

Digne —> Rico
    Robbo —-> 4.6
    Cantwell —-> Son

im looking at rico too, is he now guaranteed his spot? did someone get injured or how did he end up starting?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Tusky wrote: »
    They’ve only kept one clean sheet though. Is he likely to get the odd assist/goal?

He doesn’t have much attacking threat but he’s a cheap way into a team that will almost certainly be top 8 this season. Leicester’s fixtures are very good for the next few months so I think Söyüncü is a decent option.

I still don't have a picture of it. Both options look the same to me, except you have an additional Salah to Mane in option 1?

Apologies I had a mistake in option 1, Otamendi in defence in option 1 with the cash created form Salah to Mane

• Registered Users Posts: 19,549 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Sterling injured or something?....otherwise I don’t see why people are rushing to get rid of him.....he was bound to be rested at some stage.

Ignore GW1, and then tell me if you think Sterling is producing the returns someone his price range should be? I said it before the game yesterday that there are guys in the city team with more double digit scores than him. Kdb and Dilva both have 3 double digit scores. Dilva is nearly 5m cheaper.

It's very easy to justify getting rid of Sterling, many might want Aguero for instance - scored in all 6 game so far this season - could have had 5 yesterday, despite being 5-0 up - Pep didn't throw Jesus on for a game which tells you all you need to know about how many minutes Jesus will get imo.

Will Sterling "punish" the sellers, well he might get a big score, but if the sellers where getting in KdB/Dilva/Aguero then they will probably have got the gains.

The game is about having players at the right time, I have Sterling atm, but getting say Dilva and having near 5m extra to spend, that could open all sorts of opportunities.

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Zinc to Ota with the first ft tonight before any price changes. I'll use the second later in the week, probably even treat myself to a -4 as I am having a good week.

-4 could see you drop 50k+ places before a ball is kicked, so need to be carefully to see if it's really worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,990 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Zinc and Haller on the chopping block for me. Maybe otamendi and Abraham in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭skippy15

Done zinc to otamendi to as have a ft, seems the main move this week. I'd shift digne aswell if was any attractive options,

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Would Mendy be too risky? Was gonna get Otamendi but that Watford game was a freak result /performance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Have 2 fts.
    Team is:
    Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Lowton Lundstram
    Salah KdB Mount
    Aguero Haller Auba
    (Button Douglas L. Guendozi Hanley)

Thinking either Digne/Haller to Otamendi/Abraham

Or Digne/Haller/Mount to Aurier/Son/Ayew?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,017 ✭✭✭COH

Thinking either Digne/Haller to Otamendi/Abraham

Or Digne/Haller/Mount to Aurier/Son/Ayew?

First one for sure. Abrahams in great form and Chelseas fixtures look great. City sure to keep a few clean sheets surely.

Why anyone would consider Ayew is beyond me and Spurs are very hit and miss.

• Advertisement

COH wrote: »
    First one for sure. Abrahams in great form and Chelseas fixtures look great. City sure to keep a few clean sheets surely.

Why anyone would consider Ayew is beyond me and Spurs are very hit and miss.

Was mainly just to get Son in. Wanted some Spurs cover and there isn't many other FW options below 5.2m

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Was mainly just to get Son in. Wanted some Spurs cover and there isn't many other FW options below 5.2m

Why do you want spurs cover ?
    All is not well in that camp imo

km79 wrote: »
    Why do you want spurs cover ?
    All is not well in that camp imo

Really nice run of fixtures except for the Liverpool away game who also are conceding in most games.
    Son has 26 points in the last 3 games

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Looking at Digne and Lanzini to Otamendi and Maddison. Maddison has passed the eye test every time I've seen him and want some Leicester cover for their nice run.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭nullObjects

Heads up that Otamendi is near a rise.
    Sterling and Duffy both near a fall also.
    In case any of those factor into your transfers!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,435 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Thinking van dijk to otamendi, though the fact van dijk has southampton up next is swinging me to keep him despite otamendi's rise - surely van dijk will get a goal :-/

Thinking van dijk to otamendi, though the fact van dijk has southampton up next is swinging me to keep him despite otamendi's rise - surely van dijk will get a goal :-/

Liverpool are playing Sheffield United next

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Ether bank or Fredericks to Tomori

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Ceballos/Digne/A.Barnes out

Son/Aurier/Greenwood in

Makes sense for -4?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Sterling to KDB...... maybe.

Advertisement