Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

F1 2019 - Round 15 Singapore

Options
  • 18-09-2019 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭

Two weeks have gone since Charles won his first two grand prix. Will the Ferrari have the better aero package for Signapore.

We've got 61 laps of a 5km circuit with a fastest lap of 1:41.905. I'm thinking Mercedes will be back on form, but Red Bull may have other ideas. Expect the Ferrari to monster the straights with the Mercs nippy around the corners.

image.png

Tyres for this week:

image.jpg

Key times are Qualy for 2pm on Sat and Race at 1.10pm

Schedule if you're lucky enough to be there in the balmy weather.

THURSDAY 19th SEPTEMBER
    Formula 1 Press Conference 13:30 - 14:30

FRIDAY 20th SEPTEMBER
    Formula 1 Practice 1 09:30 - 11:00
    Formula 1 Practice 2 13:30 - 15:00

SATURDAY 21st SEPTEMBER
    Formula 1 Practice 3 11:00 - 12:00
    Formula 1 Qualifying 14:00 - 15:00

SUNDAY 22nd SEPTEMBER
    Formula 1 Grand Prix (61 Laps or 120 Mins) 13:10 - 15:10

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I think Albon is a good outside shout for a podium if not an outright win here. I really think this is a Red Bull circuit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,619 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

So far in FP1, Le Clerc has gear box problems (probably not the race engine/gearbox). Bottas stuck the car in the wall, red flag. 21 mins left in this session.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,471 ✭✭✭Inviere

astrofluff wrote: »
    I'm thinking Mercedes will be back on form

This was never really a strong track for Merc, I think damage limitation from them this weekend is on the cards. Agreed re Red Bull, this will be a good chance for them to flex some muscle, but Ferrari go well here too...hopefully an interesting race ahead :)

Apologies if I'm missing something, but Hamilton won the last two grand prix at Singapore. I'd agree they're not miles ahead on this track, but they still won the last two. I do reckon Max has upped him game for this weekend. And after the practice sessions, I'd be wary of whether Ferrari know what they're doing (changing floors and wings - sound like they're not up to speed at all).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,614 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Inviere wrote: »
    This was never really a strong track for Merc, I think damage limitation from them this weekend is on the cards. Agreed re Red Bull, this will be a good chance for them to flex some muscle, but Ferrari go well here too...hopefully an interesting race ahead :)

In the hybrid era Merc have won the race 4 times out of 5, and apart from 2 DNF's they've not finished outside the top 4. I certainly expect a more competitive fight for the podium but this is still a strong Merc track. Hamilton on pole position and an easy flag to flag win is more likely.

• Advertisement

Apologies if I'm missing something, but Hamilton won the last two grand prix at Singapore. I'd agree they're not miles ahead on this track, but they still won the last two. I do reckon Max has upped him game for this weekend. And after the practice sessions, I'd be wary of whether Ferrari know what they're doing (changing floors and wings - sound like they're not up to speed at all).

He'd a little bit o' help in 2017 you might say (look where the Mercs are on the grid)

Yeah Hamilton nailed it in 2018 but generally speaking, Mercedes haven't been at their strongest at Singapore.

skipper_G wrote: »
    In the hybrid era Merc have won the race 4 times out of 5, and apart from 2 DNF's they've not finished outside the top 4. I certainly expect a more competitive fight for the podium but this is still a strong Merc track. Hamilton on pole position and an easy flag to flag win is more likely.

Agreed a pole for Lewis signals a win most likely, but I've always had in my head this was a track they never 'dominated' as they have at others. Mandella effect maybe :o

In the hybrid era Merc have won the race 4 times out of 5
    Apologies if I'm missing something

Apologies Astro, I'm clearly wrong here - bizarre though, could have sworn this wasn't a strong Merc track :confused:

Inviere wrote: »
    Agreed a pole for Lewis signals a win most likely, but I've always had in my head this was a track they never 'dominated' as they have at others. Mandella effect maybe :o

I think it's more that we want it to be not a Merc track so the recent run of good races continues :)

Merc/Hamilton are overdue a DNF. If it happens, it wouldn't be because of reliability, it'd be because of another driver taking them out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭nf2k

Is Singapore a Monaco-lite in that overtaking is tough?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,191 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

nf2k wrote: »
    Is Singapore a Monaco-lite in that overtaking is tough?

It can be, Sergio Perez probably has vietnamesque flashbacks of his and Sirotkins battle last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,583 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

It's not Mercedes favorite track because of there long wheelbase car and that's why Ferrari had an advantage there in 2016 and 2017 which either Kimi or Vettel should have won but Vettel made a balls of it at the beginning of the race. The Ferrari car is now a lwb car as well think it was last year they decided to go that way too so I think unless there is a big crash or crash's which are almost guaranteed in Singapore whoever takes pole will win this.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Big crashes are the most exciting thing about Formula One these days.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

chicorytip wrote: »

You’ve clearly not watched the last 5 races if you think big crashes are the most exciting thing ‘these days’.

Give me great battles at the front over a few seconds of a big shunt any day of the week.

AMKC wrote: »
    It's not Mercedes favorite track because of there long wheelbase car and that's why Ferrari had an advantage there in 2016 and 2017 which either Kimi or Vettel should have won but Vettel made a balls of it at the beginning of the race. The Ferrari car is now a lwb car as well think it was last year they decided to go that way too so I think unless there is a big crash or crash's which are almost guaranteed in Singapore whoever takes pole will win this.

That rings a bell all right, maybe that explains it. It explains the starting grid in 2017 anyway, I think the Mercs were 5th and 6th. This could be a Red Bull opportunity so....

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭seamusk84

The Red Bull looked like real handful to me out there yesterday. Seems to not be riding the bumps well. Still if they can sort that, I’m sure they can be relatively close to the Mercs today in quali.
    Personally I think Ferrari will struggle.

Reckon Hamilton on poll and Bottas at a minimum 4th, but most likely a Merc front row lockout.

I really hope it’s an exciting race but Singapore tends to be a bit dull.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭flazio

chicorytip wrote: »
    After the events in Belgium a month ago, even if it wasn't actually Formula 1, I would have to completely disagree.

FP3: Checo hit the wall on second last corner, damage to rear right wheel. Red flag while they clean some debris.

FP3: Checo hit the wall on second last corner, damage to rear right wheel. Red flag while they clean some debris.

That's his race gearbox and it was a heavy hit on the right rear corner, fingers crossed it doesn't need to be changed

• Advertisement

I like the idea of the camera shot looking at the driver's eyes but that particular one they're using is kind of ineffective because it's obscured every time the wheel is turned

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Ferrari looking great here - Come on Seb!*

*Please don't jinx it!

What a cracker of a lap from Vettel

And he hit the wall :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

It was mighty!

Even better lap from Leclerc. He is on a roll, I'm delighted for him. Guy is a total superstar

Edit: to add now hopefully he brings it home tomorrow. Got him at 5-1 for the win early in the weekend :D

LeClerc is the real deal - what a lap

The emergence of a proper star here over the last three races. If Ferrari give him the car next year, he's in with a shout for the title driving like this. Amazing. Disappointed for Seb, would have loved him to nab pole considering the spell he's going through, but not to be. Albon nice result too, he's up there beside Max...impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Gutted for Sebastian, thought he had it.

• Advertisement

Watching the Sky pad thingy with Anthony Davidson (don't usually watch it), brilliant analysis. It showed the sheer speed advantage of LeClerc's Ferrari, and also how much he was trying to drive the full limit of the car with a slower car through the corners.

Advertisement