Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Facts" that seem true but are complete BS

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Does that mean he did?

You're right. My bad. Thanks man. Fixed.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,256 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Coffee (caffeine) helps you wake up in the morning - actually water does and does it better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

Your Face wrote: »
    That there is a Conspiracy Theory forum on Boards.ie

odyssey06 wrote: »
    Do you mean there is one or there is just the rumour of one!
    UnconsciousBronzeIberianlynx-size_restricted.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Gerry G wrote: »
    I think it does though does it not?

No, while the Coriolis Effect exists, it's not strong enough to be seen in toilets or water drains.

Vikings wore horned helmets.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

That we go from one crisis to another and are in mortal peril like never before.

We have never been so peaceful, prosperous or safer...but fear is profitable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Michael Jackson was innocent.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Lidl and Aldi were two brothers that fell out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭Infernal Racket

fritzelly wrote: »
    I suppose if you look at both toilets side on from space then yeah they do...

I knew it

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

colm_mcm wrote: »

i think that story was stolen from Adidas and Puma

• Registered Users Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

colm_mcm wrote: »
    2 aldis, blue and green. Green sells fags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

High reps and low weights bulk you up ..or alternatively high reps and high weights bulk you up...neither is true.

Bulking is a fairly complex process requiring both high reps of a moderately heavy weight and at least some with a really heavy weight.

I.E low reps with a heavy weight isn't going to do much similarly high reps with a low weight will probably only train the muscle a little for endurance.

High reps with a low weight only increase your endurance. They won't bulk you up.

And if you really want to bulk you actually need high reps with a heavy weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

The bibles mentions three wise men or magi.

It doesn't say how many there were, just that three types of gifts were given.

Waking a sleep walker will cause them harm

But likely to cause you harm

If the wind changes direction while you're making a face you'll be left looking like that

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

suicide rates spike at Christmas time

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Somedaythefire

i think that story was stolen from Adidas and Puma

Same thing happened Aldi. There’s two different Aldi chains.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Orson Welles radio play of the The War Of The Worlds was reported to have caused mass panic among people who thought it was a real news broadcast. In reality in was a fabrication by makers of newspapers who were afraid of losing their popularity to the new invention of radio.

1497136197216768039.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

**** a sleep walker will cause them pleasure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

High reps and low weights bulk you up ..or alternatively high reps and high weights bulk you up...neither is true.

Bulking is a fairly complex process requiring both high reps of a moderately heavy weight and at least some with a really heavy weight.

I.E low reps with a heavy weight isn't going to do much similarly high reps with a low weight will probably only train the muscle a little for endurance.

High reps with a low weight only increase your endurance. They won't bulk you up.

And if you really want to bulk you actually need high reps with a heavy weight.

Eating more and lifting bulks you up. Eating less more healthily while still lifting cuts fat and leaves you with a lot of the muscle you bulked.

Lifting loads of reps then heavy weights then loads of reps in cycles every 6-10 weeks and following Starting strength then German volume then starting strength for two or three years whilst slowly bulking and cutting for 6 months at a time is enough to get you to a level where you might need a coach to push you on to the next level.

This is true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Capt. Autumn

Ben Elton murdered Benny Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

"There's no such thing as bad publicity."

Of course there is.

The bibles mentions three wise men or magi.

It doesn't say how many there were, just that three types of gifts were given.

Also Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple.

Or at least in the Torah it isn't

The source of this misconception is that the Latin word mălum, meaning “evil,” was associated with mālum, another Latin word, borrowed from Greek, meaning “apple.”

It was an etrog some people call it a citron.

Also Adam and Eve didn't eat an apple.

Or at least in the Torah it isn't

The source of this misconception is that the Latin word mălum, meaning “evil,” was associated with mālum, another Latin word, borrowed from Greek, meaning “apple.”

It was an etrog some people call it a citron.

I know what an etrog is

BDI wrote: »
    Eating more and lifting bulks you up. Eating less more healthily while still lifting cuts fat and leaves you with a lot of the muscle you bulked.

Lifting loads of reps then heavy weights then loads of reps in cycles every 6-10 weeks and following Starting strength then German volume then starting strength for two or three years whilst slowly bulking and cutting for 6 months at a time is enough to get you to a level where you might need a coach to push you on to the next level.

This is true
    Nope with the eating. You don't need to eat more calories to build muscle.

The rest ....well it depends different individuals react differently to different programs you have to find what works for you and optimizes your personal strengths. Genes and or eh ..substances come in to it a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,383 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Same thing happened Aldi. There’s two different Aldi chains.

Yes. The Aldi (Aldi Nord) we don’t get here is very grim in comparison.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,607 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Arthur Mullard was Wayne Rooney's grandad.

fritzelly wrote: »
    I know what an etrog is

Then come my friend ...shake a lulav with me in the name of interfaith peace!

maxresdefault.jpg

That seems very violent

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭El Tarangu

Hazys wrote: »
    On average, you swallow eight spiders a year in your sleep.

This doesn't seem remotely true, nor quantifiable.

Advertisement