Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭Hardtochoose

Salah to Mané ? Am I mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭ronan.h

Not sold on Richarlison

Nor am I
    May just go with Abraham for now and see how Everton go but there’s potential for a few hauls there over the coming weeks I’d say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

Fear Sterling getting rested and Aguero running riot against Watford. Can swap them for a -4 but I feel that might be a bit kneejerk.

More chance of aguero being rested with Jesus back now imo no natural cover for sterling

• Registered Users Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭893bet

Yes.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

KdB out but bringing in Aguero. Madness? It'd be King+KdB out, Aguero and 6.6 (maybe Lamela/James) in. Have 2FTs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Trey13

I wouldn’t be dropping KDB anytime soon. I can’t see Pep rotating KDB or Sterling much now.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Trey13 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be dropping KDB anytime soon. I can’t see Pep rotating KDB or Sterling much now.

Just to note, I'm not making this transfer based on him being benched today. It'll be a long time before he's rested again I'm guessing! And I expect him to score well but I just think Aguero is a better option up top and is in great form. Plus I want rid of King badly! I might do this. Saves me WC'ing too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Rikand wrote: »
    Wildcarded during the international break

Think I'm taking a -8 this week to try and fix my wildcard team

I have finally entered Idontgiveash!tsville

Patience!!
    There's plenty of us living beside you but don't go moving into the damp basement.
    Wait 'till Thursday.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

No, but for the sake of a price rise with CL midweek it's a risky single transfer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Very tempted to wildcard
    Me too. I don't hate my team but nothing is going right this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,342 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

ElTel wrote: »
    Patience!!
    There's plenty of us living beside you but don't go moving into the damp basement.
    Wait 'till Thursday.

But pukki is in that basement and he's having a party!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

More chance of aguero being rested with Jesus back now imo no natural cover for sterling

After yesterday don’t think he’ll be resting anyone for a while

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Don’t think so, I expect them to score at a reasonably similar rate so if you can do something with the million I’d say go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 48,141 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am looking at my team and again it looks fine. Robertson away to Chelsea and AWB away to west ham not ideal. But the possible replacements for AWB have poor fixtures as well. so then I start looking at midfield. All fine. Barnes and Aguero fine. Ryan is annoying me but will stick with him until WC
    So I defo can not justify a wildcard . But now I am struggling to find a transfer. And if I bank then I am putting wildcard off again..........

Even thinking about the WC.......Cantwell is currently my 5th mid with Greenwood now well and truly fodder.
    If I was to move to a 343 I would have to decide whether to bring in someone like Hayden to be fodder and play Cantwell as my 4th mid every week OR risk benching him some weeks and they have decent fixtures. So I will probably hold off another few weeks yet.............

So I will prob bank this week barring injuries unless I downgrade AWB to Lowton or someone like that. I like City's fixtures but I do not like their defence without Laporte

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Was that the one where robertson got out to him and he put it over the bar. That's what I was classing a half chance. Expected goals has newcastle at 0.29 today that's what I would have felt watching the game.

I agree liverpool were very comfortable and the first goal was a 1 in 20 shot that goes in.

But not sure how they come up with 0.29xg when that Kraft chance was one I'd expect him to take 1 out of 2 (maybe 3).

Also clearly doesn't take account of the offside where vvd had the newcastle player on and he was clear through. Lino had a mare.

xG is useful but see Tammy with 7 goals in 3 games with a 2.4xG. It's not everything and clearly has limitations.

No doubt it's a useful long term metric but you need to know its issues.

Live when I use fpl review/team planner and it gave me 60 odd points for next 3/4weeks and there were 2 weeks I scored in the 30s.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Just to note, I'm not making this transfer based on him being benched today. It'll be a long time before he's rested again I'm guessing! And I expect him to score well but I just think Aguero is a better option up top and is in great form. Plus I want rid of King badly! I might do this. Saves me WC'ing too.

What would it take from King today to make you keep him? I'm in the same situation and am sick of the sight of him but were he to return today......

• Registered Users Posts: 14,389 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Was that the one where robertson got out to him and he put it over the bar. That's what I was classing a half chance. Expected goals has newcastle at 0.29 today that's what I would have felt watching the game.

Not sure where you're seeing 0.29 as Newcastle's xG yesterday

Their xG was 0.84

xpGhaq.jpg

Krafht's chance was xG 0.34, so that in itself is higher than the full match one you've seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,552 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

km79 wrote: »
    I am looking at my team and again it looks fine. Robertson away to Chelsea and AWB away to west ham not ideal. But the possible replacements for AWB have poor fixtures as well. so then I start looking at midfield. All fine. Barnes and Aguero fine. Ryan is annoying me but will stick with him until WC
    So I defo can not justify a wildcard . But now I am struggling to find a transfer. And if I bank then I am putting wildcard off again..........

Even thinking about the WC.......Cantwell is currently my 5th mid with Greenwood now well and truly fodder.
    If I was to move to a 343 I would have to decide whether to bring in someone like Hayden to be fodder and play Cantwell as my 4th mid every week OR risk benching him some weeks and they have decent fixtures. So I will probably hold off another few weeks yet.............

So I will prob bank this week barring injuries unless I downgrade AWB to Lowton or someone like that. I like City's fixtures but I do not like their defence without Laporte

Another blank and sub for siggy
    If he looks like dropping I might drop the WC !!!!
    I think I’m limping along now and need to change things up
    Off to see if Auba can convince me to tear things up and start again

That’s incorrect.

We work closely with Opta so I must look at their data to see if they have less shots than us or something.

Of course it doesn’t make sense to have their xG that low when Krafth’s chance was such a high % chance

• Advertisement

callaway92 wrote: »
    That’s incorrect.

We work closely with Opta so I must look at their data to see if they have less shots than us or something.

Of course it doesn’t make sense to have their xG that low when Krafth’s chance was such a high % chance

As I expected

Opta do have them 0.33 xG but their xG is only 0.07xG for Krafth's shot (which is definitely incorrect for it's XY location.

40VmFN.jpg

My place of work has his shot as 0.34 xG

Otql9D.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,695 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Is Robertson worth 7m? I feel your attitude is that he will come good, ala Alonso last season. Liverpool play 4 of top 6 teams in next 7 games, how many clean sheets do you expect him to get?

Siggy has 1 assist in 5 games - is he worth 8m on current form?

Lanzini has 2 assist in 4 games, Mount, James, Lemala all showing better form and cheaper. Lanzini isn't even on penalties

that's over a 5th of your budget on players you have starting but are showing nothing to warrant keeping them.

Even Digne in a leaky Everton team has question marks hanging over him.

Another blank and sub for siggy
    If he looks like dropping I might drop the WC !!!!
    I think I’m limping along now and need to change things up
    Off to see if Auba can convince me to tear things up and start again

Ok

• Registered Users Posts: 9,939 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Gun to head do you keep VVD or Robertson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭munster87

2 free transfer for next weekend, tempted to get rid of Sterling and bring in Auba. Auba good fixtures coming up and playing well. Is having Sterling or Aguero essential?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Ryan Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Zinchenko dunk lunstram
    Mane mount sterling cebellos dendonker
    Kane haller Pukki

2 ft and think kane has to go. Any advice lads

• Registered Users Posts: 22,563 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Difficult to ignore Auba now that Laca is out plus those fixtures...

Gun to head do you keep VVD or Robertson?

Have to choose I’d choose Robertson - Him and Trent some serious threat

• Registered Users Posts: 2,488 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

keep vardy or bring in callum wilson?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,032 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Ryan Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Zinchenko dunk lunstram
    Mane mount sterling cebellos dendonker
    Kane haller Pukki

2 ft and think kane has to go. Any advice lads

Ceballos and kane out for son and Abraham?

Advertisement