Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭Porthallian

KdB to Son
    Or
    Haller to Pukki/Abraham?

Team is:
    Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Lowton Lundstram
    Salah KdB Mount
    Aguero Haller Auba

(Button Douglas Luiz Guendozi Hanley)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Markx wrote: »
    I got rid of King too and it was weird but looking at the two assists they were not the kind of assists you could rely on happening often, much like the two Cellabos got a few weeks back. King was playing on the wing and while he played well he wasn't close enough to the goal for me so it was an easy sell.

The second assist was never an assist. Ever

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

KdB to Son
    Or
    Haller to Pukki/Abraham?

Team is:
    Pope
    Digne Maitland-Niles Lowton Lundstram
    Salah KdB Mount
    Aguero Haller Auba

(Button Douglas Luiz Guendozi Hanley)

I think you should stick with Haller. He’ll get goals & will probably end up with same as Pukki & Tammy so could end up chasing points with that move.

You have a solid team. If you could get Cantwell for Luiz or Guendozi that would be better, IMO.

But look I’m having a poor start & getting a lot of marginal calls wrong :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Chesty08 wrote: »

But look I’m having a poor start & getting a lot of marginal calls wrong :)

You're not in the minority here !

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Colking wrote: »
    You're not in the minority here !

I feel wrong giving advice on here such is the horrific start I have had :pac::pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

siblers wrote: »
    The second assist was never an assist. Ever

As I said, they are not the sort of assists you could rely on happening again.

But on a technical point. With respect to the goal - it's a goal for Fraser by virtue of how the Premier League adjudicates on own goals - it's not an FPLism.

If that's accepted(?) then it's standard for the player who wins the free from which a goal is scored directly to be given the assist. Obviously it seems weird, but is entirely consistent with how things are normally done.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,647 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I think you should stick with Haller. He’ll get goals & will probably end up with same as Pukki & Tammy so could end up chasing points with that move.
    I was just about to ask about Haller. Did you see the game last night and, if so, did Haller show much? I have him plus Abraham and Barnes up front, all of whom I think should offer good pointsfor their price but Haller is that bit pricier, should I keep the faith with him?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    I was just about to ask about Haller. Did you see the game last night and, if so, did Haller show much? I have him plus Abraham and Barnes up front, all of whom I think should offer good pointsfor their price but Haller is that bit pricier, should I keep the faith with him?

I didn't watch the game but I have read that Haller played well. His link up play and lay-offs for teammates were good and he went close with a header from an Anderson cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,552 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Was all set to dump King for Abraham but not so sure now :confused:

Poxy assist aside, King looked decent on MOTD (looks a lot leaner and pacier this season I think).

Like a lot of others, I'm having a mare of a season so far but actually quite happy with my team on paper

• Registered Users Posts: 48,129 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »

Poxy assist aside, King looked decent on MOTD (looks a lot leaner and pacier this season I think).

Like a lot of others, I'm having a mare of a season so far but actually quite happy with my team on paper

There is absolutely no reason to keep him when so many other are performing
    He isn’t even playing up front
    Sell

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,332 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Cartman78 wrote: »

He played well but rarely looked like getting attacking returns. Think the two assists flattered him. Wilson was more dangerous and advanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Any obvious transfers needed? Have 2 million in the bank and a FT

Pope (Heaton)

Soyuncho, Lundstram, Digne (Pieters, Guilbert)

Ceballos, Sterling, KDB, Salah (Cantwell)

Haller, Abraham, Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 42,078 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Any obvious transfers needed? Have 2 million in the bank and a FT

Pope (Heaton)

Soyuncho, Lundstram, Digne (Pieters, Guilbert)

Ceballos, Sterling, KDB, Salah (Cantwell)

Haller, Abraham, Barnes

I'd be looking to get rid of Ceballos if I were you. He looks great to watch but he isn't a great fantasy asset in my view and his minutes will be likely be managed a lot by Emery.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

I'd be looking to get rid of Ceballos if I were you. He looks great to watch but he isn't a great fantasy asset in my view and his minutes will be likely be managed a lot by Emery.

Considering it alright but i'll give him the home game against Villa first. Arsenal were 2 up when he was subbed at the weekend so no reason he shouldn't be starting the next game.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭gandalfio

Anyone considering Djenepo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

Siggy has dropped to 7.7 so can I can afford him for Martial.

A good move? Siggy always comes good in the end?

Have Mount and can’t see anyone else at 7.7 or below. My other option is to bank and use the money for another striker to go with Pukki and Abraham next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

This is my team and I’m considering a consecutive banking. Can anyone advise of other options. Last weekend was brutal

Pope
    TAA Digne Lunstram Kelly Zinchenko
    Mount Salah Sterling KdB Cantwell
    Pukki Haller Ayew

Would like to get Son in but don’t want to drop City midfielders or Salah and Mount keeps impressing.

Haller was ok last night but his issue will be if when Anderson Lansini or Fredericks are marked out of it like last night.

Considering dropping TAA to free up funds. Have 0.6 in bank

Is Aubameyang more vital than a city midfielder

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    This is my team and I’m considering a consecutive banking. Can anyone advise of other options. Last weekend was brutal

Pope
    TAA Digne Lunstram Kelly Zinchenko
    Mount Salah Sterling KdB Cantwell
    Pukki Haller Ayew

Would like to get Son in but don’t want to drop City midfielders or Salah and Mount keeps impressing.
    I'm in a very similar boat, some different personnel but similar prices. I want Son but am afraid to drop KDB just yet and freeing up the funds to upgrade a cheaper mid will cost -8 which I don't think is worth it.

I think I will bank the transfer this week and see how things pan out. I can put out a decent team this weekend and if I want to get Son next week and keep KDB it will only cost -4. Spurs have a tricky away game this weekend plus a long journey midweek, so I don't think Son is worth a -8 or dropping KDB this GW. Most of that applies to Auba too if he looks like being essential. You could even free up the funds next GW and have him in for GW8 without a points hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭False Prophet

Mount injury might be the excuse I needed to wildcard.
    Not sure replacement, not Barkley anyway. Maybe zaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I watched it last night and he wasn’t given great service & was isolated at times. I’ve seen the other games & he is the player who will explode in certain games. Has a bit of a pure goal scorer about him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

So Im now considering for a -4

Robbo --->>> Soyunca
    Wilson ---->>> Pukki
    Haller ----> Auba

Just have enough in the bank to do it. Auba long term option. Need Haller to match Pukki over the next few weeks and cannot see it happening, so Pukki in as as everybody in my pay league has him.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,199 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

1ft 0.6 itb

Pope
    TAA Digne AWB Lundstram Montoya
    Mané Sterling KDB Lanzini Cantwell
    Radford Pukki Wickham

Not really happy with AWB Rashford Lanzini. United attack looks disjointed and he's not explosive. Would love Auba but it would mean downgrading Digne to someone like Rico to fund it.

Any suggestions?

Right so Aguero and Son benched while Sterling starts... I can't do without a rested Aguero against Watford. I'm doing a -8, after the awful start ive had, think it's time to shake things up.

Sterling Rashford AWB to Aguero Son Cahill.

Two home fixtures for Cahill is the only reason I'm picking him out of the 4.5 bunch.

Two home fixtures for Cahill is the only reason I'm picking him out of the 4.5 bunch.
    I'd say Ward is a better option, not going to lose his place as players return from injury. CP defence is a good long term play imo, they have a few tough fixtures in a few weeks but then a good run from GW14 - 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

Agree on Aguero

Where’s Aurier tonight. Didn’t make the bench even.

Plan is
    TAA to Airier
    Sterling to Son
    Haller to Aguero
    Just love all fixtures for transferrees

I'd say Ward is a better option, not going to lose his place as players return from injury. CP defence is a good long term play imo, they have a few tough fixtures in a few weeks but then a good run from GW14 - 21.

I'd have thought that Cahill and Sakho would be the first choice partnership even when everyone is fit?

Agree on Aguero

Plan is
    TAA to Airier
    Sterling to Son
    Haller to Aguero

I considered Aurier but just don't trust Poch with CL rotation.

1ft 0.6 itb

Pope
    TAA Digne AWB Lundstram Montoya
    Mané Sterling KDB Lanzini Cantwell
    Radford Pukki Wickham

Not really happy with AWB Rashford Lanzini. United attack looks disjointed and he's not explosive. Would love Auba but it would mean downgrading Digne to someone like Rico to fund it.

Any suggestions?
    If you want Auba but keep Digne, you have practically said how to do it already: AWB to 4.5, Lanzini to Guendouzi and Rashers to Auba. Spread it over two GWs to minimise the hit would be my advice.

I'd have thought that Cahill and Sakho would be the first choice partnership even when everyone is fit?
    Perhaps, I don't know tbh. If you are sure enough with Cahill, go for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Agree on Aguero

Plan is
    TAA to Airier
    Sterling to Son
    Haller to Aguero

Aurier and Rose didn't travel to Greece.
    (Foyth and Sessegnon still injured.)

Advertisement