Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gameweek 6 - Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Ceballos out leaves me with 6.2 in the bank. Who to get in?
    Eric Lamela or go cheap with Cantwell or Buendia?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Is Haller to Pukki worth it before another Pukki rise tonight?

Haller looks to have more difficult fixtures over the coming weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Reading here and twitter, sounds like there's an argument against pretty much every defender in the game right now.

City - useless without Laporte
    Liverpool - useless without Alison
    Arsenal - historically useless
    Spurs - surprisingly useless
    United - just useless
    Digne - suddenly looking very dodgy at the back

Total clean sheet count so far
    GW1 - 9
    GW2 - 2
    GW3 - 3
    GW4 - 3
    GW5 - 3

Can anyone defend anymore?

Fair play to anyone who can name the only team to have 2 Clean sheets exlcuding GW1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Done
    Kane to Auba
    VVD to Tomori
    Greenwood to Pukki
    For -4
    Just had the exact change and will hot Wildcard if anyone gets injured.

Going 3-4-3 from here on:

Pope
    Robbo-Digne- Tomori/Montoya/Lundstram

Salah-Sterling-Mount-Ceballos (Dendoncker)

Auba-Pukki- Barnes

• Registered Users Posts: 12,350 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Gun to head do you keep VVD or Robertson?

Robbo. VVD doesn't pose anywhere near an attacking threat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,131 ✭✭✭✭km79

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Reading here and twitter, sounds like there's an argument against pretty much every defender in the game right now.

City - useless without Laporte
    Liverpool - useless without Alison
    Arsenal - historically useless
    Spurs - surprisingly useless
    United - just useless
    Digne - suddenly looking very dodgy at the back

Total clean sheet count so far
    GW1 - 9
    GW2 - 2
    GW3 - 3
    GW4 - 3
    GW5 - 3

Can anyone defend anymore?

Fair play to anyone who can name the only team to have 2 Clean sheets exlcuding GW1.

Southampton
    I know Cos I was looking at Gunn last night
    But fixtures are turning poor

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think I am going to shake my team up

VVD, Jota and Greenwood

To

Wilson, Pukki and Rico

Any opinion? Is Abraham better then Wilson?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Can do Robbo ---> Rico & Wilson ---> Auba for free. Defense looks bad but need to get rid of one of pool defenders and fancy Auba long-term. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can do Robbo ---> Rico & Wilson ---> Auba for free. Defense looks bad but need to get rid of one of pool defenders and fancy Auba long-term. Thoughts?

Go for it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Son or KdB ?

Who's got the higher ceiling ?

Surely Pep wont dare to rest KdB again ?

And anytime I have ever owned Son in my history of playing FPL, he always goes on a string of blanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭sheroman01

2 FTs.

Possibly VVD and King OUT....Lowton+Auba IN

Looks good on paper. Would love Aguero but too hard to fit in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

I wouldn’t be doing that.

Wilson has returned in every match. Robertson was unlucky not to score & get a cs yesterday. Liverpool’s defenders will return

• Registered Users Posts: 20,336 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

I've decided to start just stockpiling money for the second half of the season and see if i can make a glorious comeback with my massive team value at the finish :D

-12 taken

Out :: TAA, Haller, Ceballos, Douglas Luiz
    In :: Rico, Pukki, Cantwell, Son

All 4 of the in's are due to or getting close to a rise

Into the basement I go, Into the basement I go, Hi-ho-a-merry-o, Into the basement I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Looking at King and Siggy out but feel it's more reactionary than anything, Mount and Abraham in. After a great start I've smoked, some team 'value gain maybe might do me good. Any Siggy love?

callaway92 wrote: »
    As I expected

Opta do have them 0.33 xG but their xG is only 0.07xG for Krafth's shot (which is definitely incorrect for it's XY location.

40VmFN.jpg

My place of work has his shot as 0.34 xG

Otql9D.jpg

Sorry a few pints on board who are you saying is wrong Opta or understat :confused::o

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Sorry a few pints on board who are you saying is wrong Opta or understat :confused::o

I think understat get their data from Opta (or just pull from another site that actually pay for Opta’s data), so they’re both wrong on it. Understat definitely don’t code matches themselves, so it’s not their own data.

Checked yesterday with a work colleague and we can’t quite figure out HOW Opta’s xG is so low for the Krafth chance. That chance is the difference pretty much between our (my place of work) Newcastle match xG and Opta’s one.

Again though, just to clarify - 0.07xG is way too low for that shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,727 ✭✭✭893bet

If I dump VvD and digne to budget options I could upgrade either mount or James to KDB?

Thoughts

(Already have sterling/salah/cantwell in midfield, kun and Abraham up front. Would give a tasty midfield/forward line but very reliant on city.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

callaway92 wrote: »
    I think understat get their data from Opta (or just pull from another site that actually pay for Opta’s data), so they’re both wrong on it. Understat definitely don’t code matches themselves, so it’s not their own data.

Checked yesterday with a work colleague and we can’t quite figure out HOW Opta’s xG is so low for the Krafth chance. That chance is the difference pretty much between our (my place of work) Newcastle match xG and Opta’s one.

Again though, just to clarify - 0.07xG is way too low for that shot.

I don't think that Kraft chance was much of a chance he had VVD close him down very quickly the shot really had nowhere to go. Maybe a better player would have taken a better first touch to make it a better chance. But if you look at his chance of scoring from when he took the shot it makes sense to me to be marked down as way lower than a 1 in 3 chance of scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I don't think that Kraft chance was much of a chance he had VVD close him down very quickly the shot really had nowhere to go. Maybe a better player would have taken a better first touch to make it a better chance. But if you look at his chance of scoring from when he took the shot it makes sense to me to be marked down as way lower than a 1 in 3 chance of scoring.
    Yeah, letting the ball bounce killed the opportunity. A proper striker would have set themselves up for a volley with their first touch and wouldn't have been closed down by the defender like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 708 ✭✭✭loadwire

Jumped last night to get Pukki and Cantwell in before price rises for King and McGinn. One of those where I had a few different things for yay or nay

Yay
    Wanted Pukki back after getting rid on my WC and McGinn to Cantwell gave me funds to do it
    Individually I prefer both Norwich players, in hindsight I was a bit short sighted on WC with the city fixture.

Nay
    -4 straight after WC never feels great
    Getting rid of King after one week which was a 10 pointer is a bit weird too. And before McGinn has even played for me.
    Doubling up on Norwich hmmm

In the end I went with my gut which I'm trying to do a bit more this season and so far is going okay (140k). Could come back to bite me if there are injuries.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭TimesArrow

Have 2 transfers to use with .4 in the bank.. giving thought to changing ceballos/neves to two others. Don’t fancy cantwell and mount as I already have pukki and tammy. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

Had 2 free transfers so got in Pukki and James for Haller and Ceballos. Didn't really want to sell Haller but I didn't have enough money for James. Ceballos one of the worst transfers in i have done in a while and that is saying something! Will probably run amok against Villa :)

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

claw wrote: »
    Had 2 free transfers so got in Pukki and James for Haller and Ceballos. Didn't really want to sell Haller but I didn't have enough money for James. Ceballos one of the worst transfers in i have done in a while and that is saying something! Will probably run amok against Villa :)

Ceballos will be at his best in the home games. I expect double points vs Villa next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭Markx

loadwire wrote: »
    Jumped last night to get Pukki and Cantwell in before price rises for King and McGinn. One of those where I had a few different things for yay or nay

Yay
    Wanted Pukki back after getting rid on my WC and McGinn to Cantwell gave me funds to do it
    Individually I prefer both Norwich players, in hindsight I was a bit short sighted on WC with the city fixture.

Nay
    -4 straight after WC never feels great
    Getting rid of King after one week which was a 10 pointer is a bit weird too. And before McGinn has even played for me.
    Doubling up on Norwich hmmm

In the end I went with my gut which I'm trying to do a bit more this season and so far is going okay (140k). Could come back to bite me if there are injuries.

I got rid of King too and it was weird but looking at the two assists they were not the kind of assists you could rely on happening often, much like the two Cellabos got a few weeks back. King was playing on the wing and while he played well he wasn't close enough to the goal for me so it was an easy sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭claw

ShimSlady wrote: »
    Ceballos will be at his best in the home games. I expect double points vs Villa next week.

He's only played over 60 minutes once this season so far. Even at his price I am not risking 1 pointers like yesterday. Not a big fan of players who depending on tactics may not start or be subbed early. Happier to play it safe having James and Pukki as I have made an ok start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,359 ✭✭✭Shedite27

ShimSlady wrote: »
    I also expect him to double his GW5 points next week

• Registered Users Posts: 19,638 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I wouldn’t be doing that.

Wilson has returned in every match. Robertson was unlucky not to score & get a cs yesterday. Liverpool’s defenders will return

Your logic is to keep Wilson because he has return every match, but also keep Robertson because he will come good. You could apply that logic to any player - is it not better to get rid of an underperforming player, and buy back when he performs.

How long do you give them before you say enough is enough with the say Robertson. 7m and one assist and 1 CS. Especially seen there up coming fixtures. He may come good, but is the form there to justify keeping him?

Kane is one great game (a hattrick) away from being in top 3 strikers, but I wouldn't be advising anyone of keeping him or buying him even though he scores close on 30 goals a season when he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,187 ✭✭✭Colking

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Your logic is to keep Wilson because he has return every match, but also keep Robertson because he will come good. You could apply that logic to any player - is it not better to get rid of an underperforming player, and buy back when he performs.

How long do you give them before you say enough is enough with the say Robertson. 7m and one assist and 1 CS. Especially seen there up coming fixtures. He may come good, but is the form there to justify keeping him?

Kane is one great game (a hattrick) away from being in top 3 strikers, but I wouldn't be advising anyone of keeping him or buying him even though he scores close on 30 goals a season when he's fit.

Fair point and as a Robertson owner myself it has been frustrating.

It's been particularly frustrating when you look at the plum fixtures coming to a close shortly for Liverpool. Back when we were planning our GW1 teams we were all over the Liverpool Defence. Since Adrians deputisation, not so much.

However Robertsons underlying stats are excellent. Robertson also passes the eye test with flying colours. For those reasons I'll hold on for another while and put out a few different fires.

Kane on the other hand is playing deep and not looking like value for money at 11 million right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

I'd like to go big in midfield and get in Son to go with Salah, Sterling and KDB, the problem is it will cost me 8 points. Any thoughts on the best ~6 striker and ~4.5 defender would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Ace2007 wrote: »

My logic is based on the perception from some people that both Wilson & Robertson are underperforming for their standards- as this is the reason he is looking to get rid of in the first place. Both playings have a higher ceiling for improvement than Aubameyang and Rico + have outscored them to date.
    In recent games Robertson has been unfortunate enough not to have scored more and as a result I would expect higher returns to come - much like people my perceive Aubameyang to have a higher ceiling to improve - but how much more?

Advertisement