Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,689 ✭✭✭zimmermania

FRECKLES has a very good chance of winning the 3.50 at Brighton,an easy winner last time when beating Arctic Sea over 10 furlongs at Chepstow but had an even better run on soft over 9 furlongs when going down by a short head to Kheros after a ding dong battle all the way up the straight.

I tipped Isomer in that race who lost all chance when badly missing the break,Kheros has come out since and won by 6 lengths so the form has some substance to it and i believe FRECKLES will win again and can be backed at 3/1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭bassy

FRECKLES

????

• Registered Users Posts: 2,620 ✭✭✭votecounts

It's in the brighton 1550 afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

votecounts wrote: »
    It's in the brighton 1550 afaik

10/3

Freckles is a bigger price than I thought he would be and with exactly 8 runners is an ew bet.l

• Advertisement

GRACEFUL MAGIC looks a good bet in the fillies nursery at 2.10 Doncaster,the 6 and a half furlong trip should be perfect for the filly whose trainer also has Special Secret ridden by Ryan Moore in the race.

GRACEFUL MAGIC looks a progessive filly to me and she can improve again to take the £31,500 on offer,she was staying on well when hampered in two recent runs and can get her head in front now.9/2 available and she might well drift in the morning.4 places in a few bookies and i will back it ew.

Four year olds win the 2.40 Doncaster nowdays and it is hard to see ENBIHAAR beaten,lightly raced the filly has got better with each run and Gosden is sure to have her spot on for this,5/4 wont make us rich but she looks the best horse in the race.

Delphinia trained by Aiden Obrien could be placed at around 8/1.

The 4.20,a lady riders handicap (the final of a series already won by Megan Nicholls) is a real good race from a betting point of view and the books go 6/1 the field.
    ATHOLLBLAIR BOY is the type of horse i would love to own,a genuine handicapper who loves to come from behind and nearly always finishes strongly.

Would probably prefer an extra furlong but has won several races over 6 and they are bound to off fast in this,Izzy Clifton gets on well with the horse and her 7 lb claim will help.Will need luck in running and gaps to open but ew at 10/1 - 12/1 looks the value to me.It is a slight worry that he has not run for a couple of months but could have been kept for this and has run well after a longer layoff so a reasonable ew bet for me and i am hoping to see him come with a strong run late on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭pearcider

Thought we had the treble there but not to be. Great picks anyway.

Four year olds win the 2.40 Doncaster nowdays and it is hard to see ENBIHAAR beaten,lightly raced the filly has got better with each run and Gosden is sure to have her spot on for this,5/4 wont make us rich but she looks the best horse in the race.

The 4.20,a lady riders handicap (the final of a series already won by Megan Nicholls) is a real good race from a betting point of view and the books go 6/1 the field.
    ATHOLLBLAIR BOY is the type of horse i would love to own,a genuine handicapper who loves to come from behind and nearly always finishes strongly.

Would probably prefer an extra furlong but has won several races over 6 and they are bound to off fast in this,Izzy Clifton gets on well with the horse and her 7 lb claim will help.Will need luck in running and gaps to open but ew at 10/1 - 12/1 looks the value to me.It is a slight worry that he has not run for a couple of months but could have been kept for this and has run well after a longer layoff so a reasonable ew bet for me and i am hoping to see him come with a strong run late on.
    Ye correct on the extra furlong would have won over 7 furlongs.good stuff zimmer

Mot Juste is very good value 8 to1 4 places 2.10 Molatham 4.20 should win and Talap 4.55.No write up today but these should be backed all at Don.

• Advertisement

A few horses that may be of interest in the big saturday handicaps.
    1.50 Doncaster A MOMENTOFMADNESS won this last year and is probably laid out for it again this year.ARECEBO is running well and still has more to offer but is drawn badly and MUSCIKA also drawn badly was 5th in this race last year and may be worth a small ew 6 places.

The 3.15 Chelmsford FIRMAMENT and HABUB are two in top form and very likely to be involved again.

Musselburgh 6.15 PICKETTS CHARGE is running very well and should figure at 10/1.

BRONZE RIVER 3.10 Bath beat Overpricedmixer by a head when they last met at Kempton,Bronze River was having his first run that day and will be much sharper now and at11/8 PP is a very strong bet with an excellent claimer on board.
    The same jockey rides JUMIRA BRIDGE who should win the 5 furlong handicap at 3.45 without much fuss at the generous price of 11/4.

This horses last two runs almost make him a "good thing" here.

A couple of big priced placed horses but I must have been the only one who did not know Jumira Bridge was not too busy today.

A couple of big priced placed horses but I must have been the only one who did not know Jumira Bridge was not too busy today.

what happened pickkets charge.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Tipped up fairyland 2 or 3 times. Never hit his potential.

Today I said I wouldn't put him up here or id be shot.

Of course he wins at 12s....

Tipped up fairyland 2 or 3 times. Never hit his potential.

Today I said I wouldn't put him up here or id be shot.

Of course he wins at 12s....

You should have stuck him up m8.

Charlie D 3/1 4.30 bath late word.win

Sorry for the late word i only got word 5 mins before race.hope some got on at 9/2

SALTONSTALL is one i backed recently when beaten.Stepped up to 10 furlongs might suit today as he finished very well last time at the Curragh when not getting the best of runs.

Has a good claimer on board and if getting the trip has a decent chance in the 6 oc Curragh around 15/2.

Prince Rock 8 oc Kempton is knocking on the door the apprentice on board seems useful and has ridden the horse before ew at 5 to 1 seems OK.

ATHOLLBLAIR BOY went very close 5 days ago at a big price and should make no mistake today in the 3.oc Redcar at 6/4.

THREE COMETS may wind up the outsider of three in the 3.10 at Yarmouth but could still win as he appears to be coming into form.

• Advertisement

Rotherwick 2.20 Chepstow has cost me a few quid when seeming to need a longer trip.Goes over a mile and a half today and should be value ew.Gleefull in the 4.20 is a Varian cast off and Omeara does so well with this type that it should be backed to win the 4.20.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,818 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Zander I like in 4.45
    7-1 ew.
    It has faced some decent types in it's 10 only races. I think here he has a decent chance on a good weight.

Stormy Tale at 10-1 in 5.15 with 5 places is great.
    I think it can win this contest.

Our dave 9/2 EW Newcastle 8pm pp paying 4 places

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

ATHOLLBLAIR BOY went very close 5 days ago at a big price and should make no mistake today in the 3.oc Redcar at 6/4.

Better ride and it would of hosed up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭Luap

Calippo in the first at Beverley - encouraging run last week and has had a few seconds previous. Today looks to be his day to score.

Max win bet - currently 11/8 hoping it might drift more before the off.

Joupe 2.50 14-1 ew, Has finished ahead of Dolce Sicily and Cobb And Co previously, and this drop back to 6f is another bonus. The low draw a problem at Nass though.
    &
    Kenshibu 14-1 ew 5 places
    Ran two decent races lately, can get off mark here or go grab a place

Two I fancy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Long shot with a chance today, Sioux Frontier 20-1 Ayr 5.00

Long shot with a chance today, Sioux Frontier 20-1 Ayr 5.00

I like remember rocky 20/1 ew and myklachi with tudhorpe on board 15/2 ew in this race 5.00pm ayr

• Advertisement

Jesse Allan 28-1 4.30

I like this ew, 5 places

Advertisement