Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fancies For Today III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,554 ✭✭✭bassy

Hey guys got info for the 6.20 at leopardstown THATS NOT ME 12/1 was told exspect a big performance and ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Backed Picketts Charge 3.10 Brighton.Thought there might not be money for it as the racing post suggests Brighton might not be suitable,I think it will be ok and the fact that there is some money for the horse is probably a positive as it's an Ellison syndicate owned horse and they may be having a day out at the seaside today.
    PP are money back if 2nd to bigger priced winner.

Didn't back this one today but fair fu*ks to ya.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,694 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Played up some of the winnings on the versatile mare French Mix ew who has won over a mile and a quarter and a mile 6 furlongs.
    Sandown finish should suit and Hannah Welch gets on well with her.this is a weak race and French Mix should be involved at the death.

bassy wrote: »
    Hey guys got info for the 6.20 at leopardstown THATS NOT ME 12/1 was told exspect a big performance and ew.

Non runner now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,171 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Non runner now

non runner 'by order of stewards' what does that mean?

• Advertisement

Dream Catching 4.Oc Brighton is dropping down a furlong from last couple of runs and that might enable that Andrew Balding trained horse to get back on track.11 to 2 PP with money back if 2nd to a higher priced winner.5 to 1 Lado money back if 2nd to the fav.an ew bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Zimmer, just on PP site now, their giving free bet up to €10 on 4pm Brighton if horse is 2nd 3rd or 4th.

Missed the break.Gets back in contention travelling ok but nowhere to go so that run can be ignored.

Plenty racing on saturday but i will be swerving Ascot as a betting opportunity,though i will watch the replay for clues for the future.

A mixed bag of riders all sitting on horses for the first time makes winner finding difficult but there are plenty other meetings.

IBRAZ is of interest in the 4.20 at Newmarket at 7 to 1 and could be the bet of the day ew with just 8 runners even though as a winner over 8 and a half and 9 furlongs the geldings chance is not obvious at first glance,however there is a good possibility that he may be suited by the drop back in trip as he faded over further in his last two races and could be strong at the finish here.Fourth on the AW last time over a mile the previous run is the one that that highlights his chance for me.

6th of 10 behind Elector in a class 2 at Newmarket over 9 furlongs only beaten 2 and 3/4 lengths the horse led at the 7 furlong pole and only faded in the final furlong off a mark of 93 and runs off 90 now.

I have no idea why he has not run for 67 days and i can only hope that he is in good form and ready to go.

The strength of the Newmarket form can be guaged from the fact that the 2nd,3rd,5th and 7th have all come out and won class 2 or 3 handicaps since the race was run in may and that is why IBRAZ is a very good ew bet.

Roger Varian has his string in fine form and MOTAWAJ 3.10 and HOWMAN 4.55 Newmarket have good chances and REGAL BANNER 2.10 and INVITATIONAL 3.55 Chelmsford have chances to make it a good day for the yard.

An old favourite of mine,WATCHABLE runs in the valuable claimer also in Chelmsford(worth £19,000 to the winner)and has won 3 races already this year showing he is almost as good as ever and can bag this good pot.

Oisin Murphy heads to Haydock for a full book of rides and will probably extend his lead over Danny Tudhope in the top jockey contest as he has some decent rides.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35,891 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Welcometomyworld
    5.15 Tipp 50-1
    4 places

I'm liking this for a place. It's two races this year has seen it in against horses rated up to 84, I just feel today it actually might be able to compete fora place at least

SUMNER BEACH won 8 days ago for the Bethell family who are going through a tough time right now and could do with good news about Harriet.
    The chance of the horse following up that win in a weak class5 are dismissed by Attheraces but todays race is an equally poor class 6 and with a 5 lb penalty i think the horse has a very good chance.

SUMNER BEACH ran well enough in a similar race at Hamilton 3 runs ago and has only to run to form to have a real chance at 7/1 ew.

King Ottokar 3.50 Salford is dropping back in trip but could still be good enough to beat the fav Flashcard.

SUMNER BEACH slowly away made up a lot of ground will give it another chance.

runs tomorrow at newmarket 5.50pm 7/1

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Is it fancied ?

Nothing much takes my fancy today and i probably should not have had a bet but a horse that ran very bad at Ascot and was tailed off last of 23 interests me because prior to that run the horse MUBHIJ had been running well.

The trainer's representative was asked by the stewards to explain the poor performance and he said "the horse was not suited by the soft ground".Prior to that the horse ran well on the AW and on good to soft.

MUBHIJ was eased heavily at Ascot when his chance was gone and now back on the AW may do better.

It may not be too wise to back one after a very disappointing run but i put €35 ew on MUBHIJ at 15/2 in Powers who are money back if 2nd to the fav.Runs in the 7.45 at Chelmsford.

3rd

The Great ST Wilfrid 3.15 Ripon was always a great betting race contested by some of the best handicap sprinters in the UK.

I always liked horses with Ripon form in the top half of the handicap and while it is thought higher drawn horses have an advantage i never let the draw worry me as horses from either side of the draw can win depending on where the the pace is.

SUMMERGHAND has been running in all the right races and should be in the shakeup,GULLIVER,ICE AGE and an old favourite INTISAAB are suggested at decent prices and i might try a few forecasts and tri-casts for small money.

HORTZADAR has a great chance in the 4.25 and we have not seen the best of him yet and DONNACHA is extremely well handicapped in the same race and the change of trainer may have got the horse interested again and is an ew bet.

Those two with the 4 above could be backed in ew doubles for 8 bets and with some books going 6 places in the St Wilfrid that could be the way to go.

Safe Voyage has the ground 3.35 Newbury

• Advertisement

I put up Picketts Charge as a bet here a couple of weeks ago and the horse duly won,before that,on the 5th of august i put up Redarna and that horse also won.

In that race Donncha was 2nd and Picketts Charge 3rd which makes the form solid enough with Donnacha running so well today.

PICKETTS CHARGE is 10/1 with PP FOR THE 6.50 at Bath this evening and that price is value.

The listed race at Pontrefact at 3.30 is the only race i had a look at before heading out .

The race looks between PERFECTION and Shades of Blue and i think PERFECTION is the bet at 9/2.

The filly ran a very good race last time when 2nd to Billisden Brook over 7 furlongs at Goowood and while not getting the best of the draw i believe De Sousa can get over that.

Stable jockey Tudhope rides Last Empire for Kevin Ryan but would probably prefer to be on board PERFECTION (De Sousa is retained by Perfection's owner).

At 9/2 ew it looks a bet to nothing and the filly should live up to her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭CH3OH

The listed race at Pontrefact at 3.30 is the only race i had a look at before heading out .

The race looks between PERFECTION and Shades of Blue and i think PERFECTION is the bet at 9/2.

The filly ran a very good race last time when 2nd to Billisden Brook over 7 furlongs at Goowood and while not getting the best of the draw i believe De Sousa can get over that.

Stable jockey Tudhope rides Last Empire for Kevin Ryan but would probably prefer to be on board PERFECTION (De Sousa is retained by Perfection's owner).

At 9/2 ew it looks a bet to nothing and the filly should live up to her name.

Nice one . THANKS

TAPIS LIBRE is an 11 year old gelding running in the 5.35 at Catterick tomorrow over a mile and a half ridden by Joanna Mason in a race for amateur riders.

Normally one would look elsewhere for the winner but i believe there are good reasons for thinking TAPIS LIBRE could be worth backing.

The horse is 8 lbs below his last winning mark.
    Has a rider on board who knows the horse well and has won several times on him.
    Runs well on soft ground and has won in july or august over the years and is over his best trip of a mile and a half.
    His last run over two miles one furlong can be ignored,but three runs back in a 1 mile 4 furlong race the horse ran 6th in a class 3 at York beaten just 2 and 1/2 lengths on good to soft running on well at the finish off a mark of 74!
    TAPIS LIBRE runs off 68 tomorrow and i have already backed it ew at 9/1 with PP.

Not one to have the mortgage on but worth ten or twenty ew with a lot in his favour including the ground which is good to soft.

Permafrost is unraced but is supposed to be useful.I
    Runs in the 5.20 Roscommon 12 to 1.
    The same stable fancy Cerro Bay in the 7.20 at odds of 4 to 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭Blinkers_off

5.15 teri rules 5/1

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭munster87

Vormir 5:50
    Cyrus Dallin 6:50
    Scorched Earth 7:50
    Are my 3 fun bets at Roscommon tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,308 ✭✭✭CH3OH

10/1 is so much nicer!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,244 ✭✭✭munster87

munster87 wrote: »
    Vormir 5:50
    Cyrus Dallin 6:50
    Scorched Earth 7:50
    Are my 3 fun bets at Roscommon tonight.

Worked out nicely, bit of money came for the two that won.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,242 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

Permafrost is unraced but is supposed to be useful.I
    Runs in the 5.20 Roscommon 12 to 1.

That was some drift on C B!!

Advertisement