Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Who - 18/03/2020 - 3arena

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Zardoz

grimm2005 wrote: »
    https://mcd.ie/artists/the-who/

Tickets from €69.50. Not too bad, reckon I'll definitely be at this

Any decent seats will be huge money ,at least 150 euro I'd say ,the boys are mad for money .
    A Wednesday night too.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

Zardoz wrote: »
    Any decent seats will be huge money ,at least 150 euro I'd say ,the boys are mad for money .
    A Wednesday night too.:(

Figured they would be the cheap seats alright but I think the Hits 50 tour had standing which will probably fall somewhere in the middle so depends on if this is all seated or not I reckon but hoping they will have standing and not be too expensive.

Figured they would be the cheap seats alright but I think the Hits 50 tour had standing which will probably fall somewhere in the middle so depends on if this is all seated or not I reckon but hoping they will have standing and not be too expensive.

Highly unlikely there will be standing ,all the UK gigs are seated .

Great band live,they have a new album coming out and they will be joined on tour by an orchestra .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

I saw this show in July, they did a one off gig with the orchestra at Wembley Stadium. I think I paid around GBP £100 and was right beside the stage but this is Ireland of course

Both they and the orchestra were on fire but the sound is like mud in the new Wembley.

Pete did say they were going to tour said show this year.

Good mix of all the hits, some newer material, Tommy and Quad.

Guess this rules them out for an EP appearance but Glasto 50 most definitely.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,614 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Deffo there, relive my "youth".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭exilec

Hopefully get a standing section !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Love The Who since I was a lad in the 70s. But I just can't justify paying money to see a sex offender on stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,430 ✭✭✭RINO87

Remember when they played Oxegen and James Brown was on after. What an epic night!!
    Saw them in Marley Park the following year (i think) too... 19/20 year old me loved those gigs!! If they've still got it I'd go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 962 ✭✭✭Burty330

70 buck? Aren't Snow Patrol tickets the same cost..lol. Patrol are worth no more than 50 buck a pop.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,463 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

sirmanga wrote: »
    Love The Who since I was a lad in the 70s. But I just can't justify paying money to see a sex offender on stage.

I think youll find he was looking up those pictures for research purposes only

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 502 ✭✭✭sirmanga

Imagine using that excuse if you were just any old Joe Soap instead of a world famous rock star.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

The money was just resting in my bank account

• Registered Users Posts: 22,001 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I think I remember him blaming Uncle Ernie?

Not your ornery onager

Top priced tickets for this seem to be only 95 euro ,thats way less than I expected .

I'd have tried to get a few floor seats in the presale this morning if I'd known that but I thought they'd be 150 .
    Their tour this year in the US and London was a disaster sales wise ,prices were eye wateringly high ,I guess they have learnt their lesson.

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭mrk75

I registered for the MCD pre-sale but have heard nothing further. Do we get a link, password or anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭applejunkie

mrk75 wrote: »
    I registered for the MCD pre-sale but have heard nothing further. Do we get a link, password or anything?

Same here

Registered also and got nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 940 ✭✭✭phunkadelic

THis is the standard format for mcd presales:
    https://www.ticketmaster.ie/the-who-dublin-18-03-2020/event/18005731DDB57B1A?did=elaserp

No idea if a code is required on this one though

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

no code required

Got the email eventually. Seats are okay but think I'll wait for tomorrow and try for flat seating since they're the same price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Seats are okay
    Where were they? I got offered crap, last few rows of E or F or row 8 but seats 3-5 in A (right off to one side)

12901s.gif

Block D Row 30 on offer at moment €88 plus fees, this is a first but I am surprised at the prices!
    Would have thought they were going to be way higher.

okidoki987 wrote: »
    Block D Row 30 on offer at moment €88 plus fees, this is a first but I am surprised at the prices!
    Would have thought they were going to be way higher.

Yeah 95 euro is for flat seats too.
    That's very decent considering they will have an orchestra with them and the band put on a great show.
    Other acts of that era, like Rod Stewart and The Eagles were charging 150 euro for good seats.

Zardoz wrote: »
    Yeah 95 euro is for flat seats too.
    That's very decent considering they will have an orchestra with them and the band put on a great show.
    Thats if many are sold at that price. They could be held back and go platinum.

Lists are up now.

Section BLOCKA Row 8
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €78.50 ea
    Section BLOCKE Row 30
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKE Row 31
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKE Row 32
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKC Row 28
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKC Row 29
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKC Row 30
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKC Row 31
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKC Row 32
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKF Row 28
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKF Row 29
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKF Row 30
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 27
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 28
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 29
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKB Row 30
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 21
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 22
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 23
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 24
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 25
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 26
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 27
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKG Row 28
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 21
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 22
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 23
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 24
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 25
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 26
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 29
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea
    Section BLOCKA Row 30
    Promoter Presale Ticket
    €88.50 ea

rubadub wrote: »
    Where were they? I got offered crap, last few rows of E or F or row 8 but seats 3-5 in A (right off to one side)

12901s.gif

3 seats in Section D Row 17 were the best I was given. Hopefully will be plenty of flat seating first thing tomorrow as I'm sure the majority of tickets are held back until general sale.

Why do Ticketmaster have so many sales on the same day near enough same time?
    Went onto T/M to buy 2 tickets to the Who and it was so slow getting anything to load.
    Green Day on sale same time which makes no sense?
    So you have Westlife 2 gigs, Green Day and The Who at the same time.
    Might have even been more on sale.

Doesn't make any sense.
    Why not have 1 at 9am, 1 at 11am and 1 at 1pm?

Clicked on Flat and every time was told "no tickets but we have these Block G & A tickets..." which I passed on.
    Eventually after about 10 of "No flats available", tried for €68 tickets instead, no tickets but after 5 tries got offered FLAT instead so picked up 2! :D.

offered FLAT instead so picked up 2! :D.
    congrats! I forgot all about it this morning.

Anybody else score good seats?

Refreshing change to see there was no platinum options for this, I was pretty sure those flat seats would be held back for them.

Why do Ticketmaster have so many sales on the same day near enough same time?
    Went onto T/M to buy 2 tickets to the Who and it was so slow getting anything to load.
    Green Day on sale same time which makes no sense?
    So you have Westlife 2 gigs, Green Day and The Who at the same time.
    Might have even been more on sale.

Doesn't make any sense.
    Why not have 1 at 9am, 1 at 11am and 1 at 1pm?

Agreed ,its a stupid process to have the same sale time for so many events.
    9am on a Friday is a terrible time to put anything onsale ,people are going to work/school/college.

Its probably a legacy of the olden days when events went onsale at Ticketmaster shops around the country and people queued up for tickets .
    Having an onsale at 9am still caters for these outlets where people queue up but I'd imagine in this day and age the percentage of tickets sold at outlets compared to online is tiny.

The sales times should be staggered ,9am,11am,1pm even 5pm etc but I guess Ticketmaster don't work lunch and finish in Ireland at 5 so they'd have to sell during business hours.
    In Australia sales usually start at noon ,which I think is a much fairer time than 9am.

Ticketmaster don't really care ,they don't have much respect for the customer at the end of the day.
    They enjoy the 9am madness ,where people will panic in desperation and buy whatever tickets are thrown at them ,its good for sales ,they can offload the junk seats in all of the madness.

Anyway I managed to get great seats in Floor Row E right in the middle just after 10am so I'm well chuffed with that .
    Saw them a few years ago in the Albert Hall and was blown away .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Last gig here was brilliant but for such a legacy act it was nowhere near sold out, the rescheduling didn't help them and they played the arena in Belfast too (they were meant to play late 14 but got oil money to play F1 in the middle east so played summer 15 instead) helped me all the same as couldn't make original date.Will decide at a later date whether to head to this one myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Picked up Block A in the presale, not the greatest aspect but close to the stage. Madness having Green Day tix on sale same day, payday is next week, there'll be definitely some crossover in audience, can TM not just give us some breathing space?

I saw the orchestra show in Wembley, it was brilliant but had sound issues being outdoors. Hopefully they'll have ironed this out for 3Arena.

Frank Symes their musical director is a genius so I'm sure it'll be as cracking as all Who gigs are!

Advertisement