Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The Who - 18/03/2020 - 3arena

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Given the age of the pair of them, they can only postpone for so long...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

I think they'll be fine unless they were expecting to die in the next year or so....

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

Just checked my ticketmaster account and my tickets have been reisued for Christmas eve. That would be a great night to see them.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

clickhere wrote: »
    Just checked my ticketmaster account and my tickets have been reisued for Christmas eve. That would be a great night to see them.

I’m sorry.that is the complete opposite for me,travelling up and down on one of the maddest days of the year,makes no sense, hassle of transport and other stuff,could have picked a more suitable date,to be honest...,

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭clickhere

I’m sorry.that is the complete opposite for me,travelling up and down on one of the maddest days of the year,makes no sense, hassle of transport and other stuff,could have picked a more suitable date,to be honest...,

Agreed, if you are not living around Dublin, it's a pain in the hole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,756 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Its not happening xmas eve its just a random date TM always put postponed dates on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,887 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

clickhere wrote: »

i'd suspect that's just a placeholder for the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,727 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

losing 50% of the band hasn't stopped them, what's another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

Zardoz wrote: »
    As I said last month ,the ticket sales for the UK were shockingly bad so postponing the gigs till the Autumn or even next year was always on the cards.

They've toured a lot in the last few years so law of diminishing returns for punters probably setting in.

Was at the Wembley Arena show in July as it was packed as usual.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

90433681_10156593764117271_5317854637041123328_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_sid=da1649&_nc_ohc=2JVcCV2kI50AX-UpAbi&_nc_ht=scontent-dub4-1.xx&_nc_tp=7&oh=bb1b7dc33e1af7a9a0f8e636c3f33b91&oe=5E964B07

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,539 ✭✭✭Zardoz

A long way away but at least its a bloody Friday instead of midweek.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Anyone know how to request a refund if the date doesn’t suit? No details on ticketmaster website (quelle surprise!).

Thanks

Anyone know how to request a refund if the date doesn’t suit? No details on ticketmaster website (quelle surprise!).

Thanks

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/legal/purchase.html#fanguarantee
    11.3 Rescheduling: If an event for which you have purchased Tickets or Packages is rescheduled, Tickets and Packages will usually be valid for the new date (or you will be offered Tickets or Packages of a value corresponding with your original Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, subject to availability). If you notify us within the specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event, you will be able to cancel your order and obtain a refund of the Sale Price of your Tickets or Packages plus the relevant Service Charges. Your Order Processing Fees will not be refunded if your Tickets or Packages have already been dispatched or delivered to you. Failure to notify us within any specified deadline that you are unable to attend the rescheduled event will be deemed to be a reconfirmation of your order for Tickets or Packages for the rescheduled event, and you will not be able to claim a refund.

The option of a refund should be emailed to us in the coming weeks.

Ticketmaster in the US are trying to hold onto peoples money for postponed events ,telling them that the venues are denying refunds and people can resell their tickets on Ticketmaster.
    They will be sued over this as its illegal,a refund option has to be offered if the terms and conditions are altered and changing the date is a change of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Hmm. No mention of the orchestra on that poster. Hope that's not been scrapped.

At least I have one gig for 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

peejay1986 wrote: »
    Hmm. No mention of the orchestra on that poster. Hope that's not been scrapped.

there was no mention on the previous one that looked like that, so fingers crossed
    d6942d1a3022d9e085157316575728be

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭RolandGoose

I've seen The Who 3 times previous so I was okay with letting this guy slide. However quarenteen allowing more free time to play music very ducking loud, I got a chance to listen to the new album WHO. It has absolutely blown me away, may be there best album, certainly in a long long time.

March 2021 I shall be there!
    .... All going well!

The Who have cancelled their UK and Ireland tour

https://www.thewho.com/the-who-uk-an...and-tour-2021/

Unfortunately, The Who’s forthcoming UK and Ireland tour due March 2021 has now been cancelled. Customers can contact their point of purchase regarding refunds.

“We are very sorry that we have to cancel our planned March 2021 UK and Ireland shows. Please excuse the delay but we wanted to wait as long as possible to see if we could indeed play them. However, as you can see the current situation makes this impossible. Thanks for all your wonderful support and we hope to see you in the future when conditions allow.”
    ~ Roger Daltrey and Pete Townshend, 15 February 2021

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Not unexpected, but disappointing to see it finally called off.

Last year was going to be a great concert year - had tickets for ELO, Greenday, The Who and Ben Portsmouth.

I hope there will be another bumper year option when we get back to a more normal life.

Darn but was expected let's hope I'll get to see them sometime in the future

FU covid

• Advertisement

Just got out email through from Ticketmaster confirming this. Shame as I was looking forward to it, but thankfully I got to see them on previous tour.

:(:(:(

EDIT: What way do refunds work? Should I assume we don't get service charge / booking fee back?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭grimm2005

EDIT: What way to refunds work? Should I assume we don't get service charge / booking fee back?

I've had a couple of cancellations and got the lot back within a couple of days including booking fee/service charge.

Just got out email through from Ticketmaster confirming this. Shame as I was looking forward to it, but thankfully I got to see them on previous tour.

:(:(:(

EDIT: What way to refunds work? Should I assume we don't get service charge / booking fee back?

It should be a full refund if tickets bought before last May or June when Ticketmaster changed their terms and conditions.
    After that they hold onto the service charge I think.

Great, thanks both. Yes, we bought them for the original date in March, 2020.

Refund came through for me today

feel really down/frustrated when i hear any Who songs since the cancellation :mad::(

Advertisement