Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Formula E - Gen.2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,081 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

skipper_G wrote: »
    I don't think it's live on free to air, Eurosport, BT sport or Virgin Sport for live coverage. Quest have highlights at midnight.

BBC RB 1 if you have a dish

• Registered Users Posts: 14,608 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    BBC RB 1 if you have a dish

Cheers, didn't think of that

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Reminder that the final race is on now Eurosport 2 and VM Sport

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Another great race so far again....
    Vergne probably doesn't have to worry but great battles everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,504 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Only seen Saturday's race yesterday. Was a good race. Was Sunday's race as good?

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

AMKC wrote: »
    Only seen Saturday's race yesterday. Was a good race. Was Sunday's race as good?

Unfortunately not, but still wasn't a bad race. Saturdays race was fantastic and sums up what I love about Formula E!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭flazio

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

> Hartley

Woo!

> Dragon

Well, that was pointless.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Poor guy, I thought he would be sick of trundling around in mid-teenth place after last year.

Ms

TheChrisD wrote: »
    > Hartley

Woo!

> Dragon

Well, that was pointless.

You never know in Formula E. They could be the surprise winners next year. Although with both Porsche and Mercedes joining i might get a little harder but lets hope not. I hope both them teams don't end up dominating like in F1 or it could get boring.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Advertisement

Nyck de vries announced for the second seat at Mercedes alongside Stoffel Vandoorne

https://www.motorsport.com/formula-e/news/mercedes-debut-vandoorne-de-vries/4539057/

• Registered Users Posts: 11,230 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Happy to see Vandoorne get a crack at this with Merc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Can't understand why Nick would go to Formula E instead of trying to get a seat in F1 - he's a fantastic driver. Or even going to Superformula as a stop gap? Perhaps Fe is starting to be better than the sub-categories, with more exposure for the drivers?!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Can't understand why Nick would go to Formula E instead of trying to get a seat in F1 - he's a fantastic driver. Or even going to Superformula as a stop gap? Perhaps Fe is starting to be better than the sub-categories, with more exposure for the drivers?!

Yes he's reasonably talented but it's very hard to see a path for him into F1, he doesn't have loads of cash behind him, not a junior driver for anyone. There are no obvious seats for him in F1, so this is a smart move as now he's got a full time drive for a works team.

Lots of drivers reach the F2 series and because the driver market is very tight in F1, it's difficult to move up. It'll probably be just Latifi that'll move into F1 taking Kubica's seat with Ocon coming back taking Hulk's place. Anything other seats coming up won't get an F2 driver, just the merry go round of existing F1 drivers.

Lots of drivers reach the F2 series and because the driver market is very tight in F1, it's difficult to move up. It'll probably be just Latifi that'll move into F1 taking Kubica's seat with Ocon coming back taking Hulk's place. Anything other seats coming up won't get an F2 driver, just the merry go round of existing F1 drivers.

Yeah that's it, with so few seats available next year it was always going to be tough for him so I'm happy he landed a good seat somewhere.

Plus, it's a Merc seat, which puts him on Wolff's radar should something happen to Hamilton or Bottas.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,078 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

flazio wrote: »
    Plus, it's a Merc seat, which puts him on Wolff's radar should something happen to Hamilton or Bottas.

DeVries has been doing some sim work since March-ish with Merc so hes known already.

So Season 6 episode 1 and 2 are airing this weekend. Wait a minute, this isn't a drama?!! So it looks like there's a race in Friday, why?, so many people won't be able to watch it.

Basically, it's on Virgin media in Ireland, or BBC red button on satellite, or Eurosport.

Race 1: Ad Diriyah ePrix, Saudi Arabia
    Date: Friday 22nd November 2019

QUALIFYING – 8:00am
    Watch – Eurosport 2

RACE – 12:00pm
    Watch – Eurosport 2/BBC Red Button/BBC iPlayer/BBC Sport website

Race 2: Ad Diriyah ePrix, Saudi Arabia
    Date: Saturday 23rd November 2019

QUALIFYING – 7:55am
    Watch – Eurosport 2

RACE – 12:00pm
    Watch – Eurosport 2/BBC Red Button/BBC iPlayer/BBC Sport website

Think Ill have a meeting 12 - 1 :D

• Advertisement

So it looks like there's a race in Friday, why?, so many people won't be able to watch it.

Weekend in Saudi Arabia is Friday/Saturday. So the first of the doubleheader is tomorrow.
    Basically, it's on Virgin media in Ireland

God, I can't stand how VM Sport have the rights for it... I'm not paying them €20/month just for one race series.

Mercedes-Benz nowhere in the practice sessions, 2-3 on the grid.
    Here we go again.

Its funny that even though this was a "boring" race, still so much over taking etc. I love these races as 45 minutes is a perfect amount of time!

Less boring today. At least they're taking more chances. Yesterday showed how reserved the drivers were.

Should make an interesting championship. Sims playing a blinder with Attack mode at the end of the first safety car.

TheChrisD wrote: »
    God, I can't stand how VM Sport have the rights for it... I'm not paying them €20/month just for one race series.

Do you have eir broadband? You could get VM sport through the eir sport app or added to a Sky box under the eir subscription.

Enjoyed today's race. Was typical FE in previous years. Happy to see Sims get his first win, especially after his drift in qualifying.

When Bird got shunted, his car control was fantastic.

Ms

Just watched the highlights of the race this morning and have to say it was very good. Delighted for Alexander Sims getting his first win and BMW getting a 1-2. Jaguar still terrible and Felipe Massa still no luck at all. Mercedes have done good for there first two races in Formula-e but Porsche not so good. What was up with the safety car coming in the first time it was out to early and there was still marshells on the track removing the crashed car. That could have been very bad. Hope it is investigated and does not happen again. I thought the decision to give Mitch Evans a penalty was harsh and the 10 second penalty giving to Sebastain Buami was harsh. A 5 second penalty would have done.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,834 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

Knowing Daesh Lite Saudi Arabia, those marshals are about to go on the lash.

AMKC wrote: »
    Delighted for Alexander Sims getting his first win and BMW getting a 1-2.

You may want to read up on happenings last night...

Gunther got a DT for those overtakes on people going through attack at the end of the SC.

• Advertisement

Yes, it wasn't highlighted that Gunther got a penalty for the overtake under SC until much later. What's strange is the penalty applied of 24 seconds which drops him down to 11th, just outside the points. If it was 25 seconds it would have been another place lower. So I'm thinking race control stripped him of any points but limiting the pain to that.

Advertisement