Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Protest Paddy Jackson playing at the weekend?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,176 ✭✭✭✭ILoveYourVibes

Do you see what's happening as a witch hunt?

Paddy Jackson ain't no witch. I see it as Karma.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

Sickening.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I don't know why these people insist on harrassing an innocent man. They changed their tune to pretend how most men in group chats with the lads talk is 'abnormal' , should be ashamed of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

i wonder if they would protest if he had been found guilty?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

If he is truly innocent.... Leave him be but if he truly did wrong then that's on him and the justice system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I don't know why these people insist on harrassing an innocent man. They changed their tune to pretend how most men in group chats with the lads talk is 'abnormal' , should be ashamed of themselves.

So far 41 people have signed up to go... I think it'll be the pink hair brigade who believe in 86 genders. I wan't to know what the average Joe thinks of this. It's hard gauge the facebook comments, seems like an echo chainber of radical feminists bouncing off each other.

You should be.

And yes I am well aware all men are really like that.

So far 41 people have signed up to go... I think it'll be the pink hair brigade who believe in 86 genders. I wan't to know what the average Joe thinks of this. It's hard gauge the facebook comments, seems like an echo chainber of radical feminists bouncing off each other.

can you imagine if a group of men kept protesting a woman who actually was a predator like lena dunham (after she admitted in her own book to molesting her underage sister) and the outrage it would cause.

Also why is it when athletes and other big names end up accused of sex crimes that its almost exclusively women that wouldnt even be on the radar for those types of men to even attempt to have consensual sex with that shout the loudest about it.

can you imagine if a group of men kept protesting a woman who actually was a predator like lena dunham

Go do it. She's vile.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Can you imagine 41 numpties turning up at a Rugby match to protest one of the players. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Suckit wrote: »
    Can you imagine 41 numpties turning up at a Rugby match to protest one of the players. :rolleyes:

I’ll make a wild assumption here and say it’s probably the first rugby match most of them will have been to.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Right to assembly v right to play. Each to their own.

I’ll make a wild assumption here and say it’s probably the first rugby match most of them will have been to.

I bet the vegan waffle van guy will make a killing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

If he is truly innocent.... Leave him be but if he truly did wrong then that's on him and the justice system.[/QUOTE

He went to court. The options were guilty and not guilty. Talk of an arbitrary status of “truly innocent” is just a charter for nut-jibs to vent their spleen. The burden of proof will always be too high.

The scarf guy will sell pussy hats for the day.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 370 ✭✭WB Yokes

Id be concerned for anyone that took time out of their lives to protest at this game.

You should go down there make up some tofu and kombucha sell it for ridic prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Biggest bullies of all are these protesters. The man was found innocent. You are harassing him to be part of a group. You would be lonely otherwise. Showing off to the group. Typical bully behaviour but using social justice as an alibi.

Ugly people inside and out.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

Remember the weeks and months of protests that Ruth Coppinger organised over the Nigerian Muslim convicted sex offender playing for various LOI clubs?

Oh wait, that never happened.

For reasons only the hard left can explain, a man of upper class stock acquitted of rape by a jury is more worthy of being hung drawn and quartered than an a foreign born African muslim actually convicted of an offence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭Powerhouse

I don't see a thread anywhere else for this. So apparently there's a planned protest against Paddy Jackson playing for London Irish against Munster at the weekend.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/ireland/protest-to-take-place-in-cork-as-paddy-jackson-set-to-face-munster-948791.html?fbclid=IwAR16QdCZQ3_AuG1nnEypQkxenHHQWyjZJI19uxC0aeLlPe_bE-aYFUf2Yzg#.XXKpvMRw-4M.facebook

What say you? Acquitted of rape charges and innocent of sexual assault, he was still sacked at the time for explicit whatsapp chats. He's got a new club in London Irish, is he entitled to earn a living? Do you see what's happening as a witch hunt?

A shame to see Munster rugby reduced to this.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

can you imagine if a group of men kept protesting a woman who actually was a predator like lena dunham (after she admitted in her own book to molesting her underage sister) and the outrage it would cause.

Also why is it when athletes and other big names end up accused of sex crimes that its almost exclusively women that wouldnt even be on the radar for those types of men to even attempt to have consensual sex with that shout the loudest about it.

She didn’t mildest her sister ffs.

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/2014/11/8/7157065/dunham-child-abuse

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

You should go down there make up some tofu and kombucha sell it for ridic prices.

vegan salad with quorn bacon bits and drowned in high fat dressing , sold with a side of 1 litre of diet coke - 16 euro - they'll end up buying me a boat.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,395 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

What kind of a sad bastard would go and protest this? How pathetic must someones life be to want to be involved in this?

BDI wrote: »
    Biggest bullies of all are these protesters. The man was found innocent. You are harassing him to be part of a group. You would be lonely otherwise. Showing off to the group. Typical bully behaviour but using social justice as an alibi.

Ugly people inside and out.
    No they are harassing him because they hate men like him.

And they are projecting that hatred onto this one man instead of trying to prevent what he did from happening again. Because whatever he did he crossed a line and i think everyone agrees with that.

I must admit I find it amusing though.

What kind of a sad bastard would go and protest this? How pathetic must someones life be to want to be involved in this?
    A lot of rape victims go to protests like this and I would say Paddy Jackson knows it. Or at least i hope he knows when he is out there playing with that ball.

I really hope he knows the people 'harassing' him are victims of rape and that long term ....its not a wise life decision.

And yes its sad. Shrug.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 62 ✭✭Ralph Ciffereto

This evening on Matt Cooper they were discussing a study which claims pregnant women should drink utterly zero alcohol in pregnancy.

Some millitant texted in to say the study was nothing more than another male attempt to control women's behavior.

The very fact this bint didn't stop to think that probably some, and potentially a majority or all, of the researchers were female medics, was lost among her raging nonsense.

This is the level of emotional maturity you're dealing with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

I wonder how many male feminists will turn up? With entirely honourable intentions of course.

This evening on Matt Cooper they were discussing a study which claims pregnant women should drink utterly zero alcohol in pregnancy.

Some millitant texted in to say the study was nothing more than another male attempt to control women's behavior.

The very fact this bint didn't stop to think that probably some, and potentially a majority or all, of the researchers were female medics, was lost among her raging nonsense.

This is the level of emotional maturity you're dealing with.

but women can do whatever they want without any consequences at all and arent allowed to be told theyre wrong in any way now don't you know.........

I wonder how many male feminists will turn up? With entirely honourable intentions of course.
    I know a few male victims of rape that were very triggered by the whole story ...so yeah i assume many will be men at the protest.

Their intentions ...hmmm....probably deep down they would like to kick the **** out of paddy jackson. But of course this is morally wrong and illegal.

I can't believe those stupid boys were naive to think there would be no consequences for the way they behaved though. Keep your nose clean people. You invite trouble otherwise.

• Advertisement

Soy latte drinking incels you mean.

There’s always one.

Advertisement