Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 242: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Dustin Poirier [7 Sep, 19:00]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Pure dominance. It was obvious after the first few minutes of the first round that he would win by a sub.

Not sure he is beatable to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I predicted 2nd round win by ground and pound. Was it g and p I am just following thread.
    Just shows you how well Conor did and why you cannot rule him out in rematch. But he needs to train as hard as khabib does if not more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib Nurmagomedov on Points
    Watched Khabib last 2 fights....Does he ever fight so to speak??! Or does he just do this wrestling/grappling thing every time?!! Anyway to beat it??! Only a casual fan but doesn’t seem like I’ve ever seen anyone else fight like him - is there?’

You haven't been watching MMA very long have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Pretty disappointing that he doesn't have the bear in there to thank

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Ginger83

ricero wrote: »
    Bow to the goat McGregor fans ! He will never ever be beat !

Dry humper wins again :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,340 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

The **** is he ****ting on about?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Dustin had a shot for a moment ...not enough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

Wow
    So comfortable apart from the scare of that guillotine. Like Poirer is no bum but Khabib just dominated him.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,851 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

dashoonage wrote:
    I dunno if tony can even handle that.
    Tony will stand in the centre of the ring punching all night. Every time Khabib comes in he will get hit at least three times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Ginger83 wrote: »
    Dry humper wins again :D

I can taste the bitterness through my screen.

Khabib is the goat. The Ufc needs to give us khabib vs gsp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,970 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

ahh sh1t, feel sorry for Dustin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Simo08

eagle eye wrote: »
    Tony will stand in the centre of the ring punching all night. Every time Khabib comes in he will get hit at least three times.

It would seem he has the chin to take it though. Gonna be some scrap all the same if it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 12,791 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I think that was his point.

So...Does khabib always look to submit or has he the skills to stand and fight?

I know that he will always play to his strengths but I'd be interested to know from real mma fans if he has ever stood and traded in a fight?

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

Go easy on yourself dustin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

No not all all and I’ve said that ;)

Felt like I was watching Conor fight - he jumps on your legs, tires you out and choke hold....Obviously more technical than that but not seen anyone fight like him....I’d imagine the purists find it fantastic from what I’ve heard....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭jammiedodgers

Has to be Tony first.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

eagle eye wrote: »

That's kind of simplifying Tony. He has a crafty ground game (esp from bottom), excels during wild scrambles and slices all of his opponents bloody with elbows. Not saying he has enough for Khabib but definitely Khabib's toughest and final test.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,583 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    I know Dana was saying he was waiting for this result before deciding the next Conor fight. After that, i see Conor waiting for winner of Jorge/Nate for BMF belt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭Ginger83

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,188 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

You might think I’m crazy but I think Colby would beat him if Khabib moved up. His wrestling is at least equal if not better. And it would be interesting to see what Colby defense in the ground would be. I think the best equipped to beat Khabib are the top American college wrestler backgrounds. I guess he can only be beaten at his own game.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabib rag dolls Tony for 5 rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭Macdarack

mfceiling wrote: »

I know that he will always play to his strengths but I'd be interested to know from real mma fans if he has ever stood and traded in a fight?
    I think he did a lot of trading punches with Al Alquinta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

You might think I’m crazy but I think Colby would beat him if Khabib moved up. His wrestling is at least equal if not better. And it would be interesting to see what Colby defense in the ground would be. I think the best equipped to beat Khabib are the top American college wrestler backgrounds. I guess he can only be beaten at his own game.

Put down the proper 12 lad will ya !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

He was a wild striker earlier in his career, but at the highest level against opponents with better boxing than him he would obviously opt to smother them and tire them out. And as we've seen when he lamped Conor, he's very good at using the threat of the takedown to land strikes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    Khabib will eventually retire undefeated!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Chris871

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I know Dana was saying he was waiting for this result before deciding the next Conor fight. After that, i see Conor waiting for winner of Jorge/Nate for BMF belt.

Jorge is a terrible match up for Conor, too big, too durable and good gas tank.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Khabib Nurmagomedov by Sub
    As soon as Khabib got out of that guillotine choke, it was over for Dustin. Gave his back again to Khabib and looked like he used all the energy he had trying to execute that choke.

Khabib is a different beast in this division. Ferguson will be a great fight

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭irishguy1983

Thank you!

I’m not even saying trade punches - just mix it up a bit more....I’ve listened to Joe Rogan and apparently Khabib wrestling/grappling skills are incredible to the proper fan....For the causal non technical fan I just see a guy jumping on someone’s legs and wearing them down...Going by his record doesn’t look like there is a way around it...I wouldn’t be tuning into see him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Not crazy at all.

Anyone of the top 3 WW’s at the moment absolutely eats him up and ****s him out.

Nightmare matchups for him. It’s why he will never move up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Khabib is just a savage.

Probably the best ever.

No matter how good you are he just crushes.

So disappointed for Dustin.

Advertisement