Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 242: Khabib Nurmagomedov vs Dustin Poirier [7 Sep, 19:00]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Personally I don’t really understand why there seems to be as much interest in this fight on this forum as there was for the Mcgregor fights.
    I think partly is just a backlash against Conor. I for one will not abandon him when he is at his lowest, I look forward to his redemption.
    Khabib is a great character you can not deny that, his delivery of English alone and what he says will fill small stadiums if he was to ever go down that speaker/speech road and earn him more millions. But his fighting style can be too safe most of the time, basically get you to ground as quick as possible, lock up all the opponents strengths and pound him to oblivion.

There would be 300 pages if McGregor was fighting. I do agree though it's busier than normal but I'll put it down to the time.

Seeing the effect the heat is having on fighters the main event will be very interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭dashoonage

Personally I don’t really understand why there seems to be as much interest in this fight on this forum as there was for the Mcgregor fights.
    I think partly is just a backlash against Conor. I for one will not abandon him when he is at his lowest, I look forward to his redemption.
    Khabib is a great character you can not deny that, his delivery of English alone and what he says will fill small stadiums if he was to ever go down that speaker/speech road and earn him more millions. But his fighting style can be too safe most of the time, basically get you to ground as quick as possible, lock up all the opponents strengths and pound him to oblivion.

Jaysus an mma fighter using his strengths to neutralise an opponents strengths to get the win. The cheek of the bastard.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭Cupp3r

I'd love to see davi mail Islam next

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Because there is more to MMA than McGregor..

Because for actual MMA fans its a great fight, the unbeaten Khabib against Porier on a great run looking to take that 0 and win the belt...

His fighting style is too safe? You would rather fighters be more reckless? The fact he can dominate fighters like that and nullify them and take so little damage shows how good he is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭hawaii501

That was a nasty elbow from Blaydes. I think he could easily be in contention for a title fight as there is not much depth in the heavyweight division.

His style would be a nightmare for Miocic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Lol wut?

We follow the sport mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

The MSG card in November and Vegas at end of year will be much better events.
    Colby is my 2nd favorite fighter after Conor. You need crazy characters like him in the sport, otherwise build up to fights is boring like it has been this week.
    I wonder if Conor will be back in time for Vegas at end of year. Probably not.

Colby is my 2nd favorite fighter after Conor. You need crazy characters like him in the sport, otherwise build up to fights is boring like it has been this week.

This is a sport of mixed martial arts not the build up to a UFC event. MMA is so much more then UFC or Conor McGregor. Colby is a dickhead.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

This is the UFC 242 Event thread...lets keep the discussion on it, if you want to chat about Conor theres a whole thread for him.

This should be a decent scrap again, Barboza on points again for me

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Khabib Nurmagomedov on Points
    Barboza by murder via spinny ****.

Looking forward to this scrap neither will be shy here

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    I think I'd actually be happier if Dustin won tonight than if Conor won last year (and I'm a big fan of Conor...inside the cage). Cmon Dustin!! Cannot ****ing wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I hope you're winding us up. If so, fair dues.

But if you're not, then go back to WWE for yourself mate, the characters in that are off the wall, you'll love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Barboza has only lost to the elite and has so many highlight reel wins but have a feeling Felder might get it done here.

Axwell wrote: »
    This is the UFC 242 Event thread...lets keep the discussion on it, if you want to chat about Conor theres a whole thread for him.

None of the pubs in my village are even showing it so I can’t watch it. I don’t think there is any world wide major sport that makes itself so difficult to be watched by the ordinary fan. Shame on UFC, ESPN and BT.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,826 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    felder is a man on a mission here

He's hell bent on getting that loss back and I believe he will myself
    he might well go right after barboza early

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

Khabib Nurmagomedov by Sub
    Can’t believe this is the second last fight.

First fighters I heard of apart from one of the heavyweights.
    :)

None of the pubs in my village are even showing it so I can’t watch it. I don’t think there is any world wide major sport that makes itself so difficult to be watched by the ordinary fan. Shame on UFC, ESPN and BT.

That’s unfortunate but not a reason to derail the thread..

Dustin Poirier by Sub

There's not enough demand here for it sadly, few pubs would have it even in galway or the likes l'd imagine, even less so in a small village

broadband on the other hand :D works wonders :D

• Advertisement

C'mon Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,484 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    I couldn't even imagine what one of those Barboza body kicks would feel like. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I’m a big colby fan aswell man. Don’t mind the lads here crying about Colby. They’re clearly snowflakes.
    Colby has a great attitude and reminds me of a young mcgregor. He is backing up everything he says. Just hope he doesn’t go down the drug route like mcgregor does

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    Please... anything but a doctor stoppage

Felder would kill the doctor

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I couldn't even imagine what one of those Barboza body kicks would feel like. :(

I swear to **** they are so fast the camera has missed some of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭Wayne Jarvis

I'm not sure what Felder was up to in that first round, he just stood there and got kicked for most of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,793 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Some serious damage to both here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Khabib Nurmagomedov on Points
    One round each for me going into the third

I’m a big colby fan aswell man. Don’t mind the lads here crying about Colby. They’re clearly snowflakes.
    Colby has a great attitude and reminds me of a young mcgregor. He is backing up everything he says. Just hope he doesn’t go down the drug route like mcgregor does

Colby is an absolute savage. For a small enough guy he has the heart of a lion. And he never stops going forward. Hope he gets his title shot at MSG, dunno what the issues are. I bet u Marty Snoozeman is the problem.
    I would love to see Khabib vs Colby. Let’s see who is the best wrestler. They are more or less the same weight.

• Advertisement

Dustin Poirier by Sub
    was that barboza corner telling him he was two up...we will see
    felder will take this third round

another split here possibly...felder will kill the judges

not sure why barboza went for a td though
    barboza looked wrecked

Advertisement