Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Autosport wrote:
    I'm looking at you Ted
    **waves at cameras**

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Ted_YNWA wrote:
    **waves at cameras**

Use your hand ya dirty divil ya :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Use your hand ya dirty divil ya

Spoil sport.

I'll do the helicopter if I want to.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,601 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Evening all, tableside cold and hungry. Think I'll order a pizza, and yes, there will be pineapple.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,209 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

Evening all, tableside cold and hungry. Think I'll order a pizza, and yes, there will be pineapple.

Nooooooooooo :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Be careful saying such things about pizza and toppings ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Long day yesterday in Cork. Apart from the "work" side of things I enjoyed the food, wine and then beers on the train back.:D Today was business as usual until the shock of where I'm heading this weekend actually hit me.:eek:

So if there are any Mayo peeps here, have you ever heard of Portacloy? We're stabled in Ballina, but a lot of serious driving to this area. Middle of nowhere, but it looks spectacular. Weather is irrelevant. What we get we get.

Portacloy Mayo.png

Autosport wrote: »
    Be careful saying such things about pizza and toppings ;)

I know some people disapprove. People with bad taste. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Pineapple, sweetcorn and jalapenos = best pizza

That is all

Good night.

Witchie wrote: »
    Pineapple, sweetcorn and jalapenos = best pizza

That is all

Good night.

Add onion and we could share a pizza.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch, not quite sure what to do with myself. Mam’s away dog sitting for my aunt and I’ve never spent a night alone in the house before so it’s strange for me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,684 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Today was business as usual until the shock of where I'm heading this weekend actually hit me.:eek:

So if there are any Mayo peeps here, have you ever heard of Portacloy? We're stabled in Ballina, but a lot of serious driving to this area. Middle of nowhere, but it looks spectacular. Weather is irrelevant. What we get we get.

Portacloy Mayo.png

You will realise how big a county Mayo actually is driving across it - I have been in Broadhaven Bay and Kilcommen, also Belmullet nearby if you stick to the coast from Ballina you can visit the Ceide Feilds it's a very historic place and imo probably Ireland's most stunning county for ocean views. Erris which is all that area in between is the size of County Louth. (To put it in perspective) Hopefully the weather will improve (can't get worse honestly it's awful over Sligo way the last few weeks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Long day yesterday in Cork. Apart from the "work" side of things I enjoyed the food, wine and then beers on the train back.:D Today was business as usual until the shock of where I'm heading this weekend actually hit me.:eek:

Portacloy Mayo.png

Portacloy! Absolute isolation with nothing but ocean in front and bog behind. Beautiful in decent weather but wearisome on wet or windy days. I don't even remember a pub nearby.

I'm mid emails waiting on one reply before I can confirm a meet up with some friends at the weekend.

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    On the couch, not quite sure what to do with myself. Mam’s away dog sitting for my aunt and I’ve never spent a night alone in the house before so it’s strange for me :pac:

Make sure you check under the bed.

Sweet dreams :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just discovered I can make mash potatoes in microwave. What is life? Have I really been living for the past 30 years? Feels so good to have the microwave back in my life. My dog had a chat with me today. He sat on the outside patio table all 40 odd kg of him, he waddled his big bum over to the edge beside me, and he gently yapped into my ear. When I was answering him back the yaps ranged in tone :D

If anyone heard me they’d have had me committed.

Ben: arrfarrrfarrrf
    Me: no way
    Ben: AaRFARF
    Me: nah you’re being dramatic
    Ben: ARFARFARFARFWOOFWOOF
    Me: babes it’s ok it’s over now

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Chilling watching TV after a crazy day ... I’m zonked!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,298 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Watching the Brexit debate on Sky News

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pretzill wrote: »
    You will realise how big a county Mayo actually is driving across it - I have been in Broadhaven Bay and Kilcommen, also Belmullet nearby if you stick to the coast from Ballina you can visit the Ceide Feilds it's a very historic place and imo probably Ireland's most stunning county for ocean views. Erris which is all that area in between is the size of County Louth. (To put it in perspective) Hopefully the weather will improve (can't get worse honestly it's awful over Sligo way the last few weeks)

It's a work trip and we are visiting a few more sites in the area. Meet up in Ballina and out we go! Back to Ballina afterwards!
    Portacloy! Absolute isolation with nothing but ocean in front and bog behind. Beautiful in decent weather but wearisome on wet or windy days. I don't even remember a pub nearby.

I'm mid emails waiting on one reply before I can confirm a meet up with some friends at the weekend.

My first time up that way. Ireland has some fabulous isolated spots. Feels scarier when you can drive to it. If it was on a plane or boat, you'd expect it. Actually looking forward to it, especially as the weather doesn't matter.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Grandeeod , that is a stunning pic , enjoy the trip and hope the weather stays fine !

Kitty , enjoy having the house to yourself , and if anyone's under the bed , it's only Leggy :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

honeybear wrote: »
    Chilling watching TV after a crazy day ... I’m zonked!

Kevin ! CH4 @ 21:00Hrs (Featuring a pair of 12 stone dogs :D)

• Advertisement

0lddog wrote: »
    Kevin ! CH4 @ 21:00Hrs (Featuring a pair of 12 stone dogs :D)

Hmmm ... I got my new TV set up in my house today. (More than a coincidence!)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Was it delivered on time and within budget ?

;)

I'm watching "I married the waiter"...Mam,do you fancy a trip to Greece with me?We wont go as far as marriage. 😎

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Deskside sleepy

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,081 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Ohhh very convenient honey bear, just in time to see your favorite man 😛😛

• Registered Users Posts: 21,860 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I'm watching "I married the waiter"...Mam,do you fancy a trip to Greece with me?We wont go as far as marriage. 😎

Shirley Valentine :D

Ready and waiting here , what time's the flight ?!

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Shirley Valentine :D

Ready and waiting here , what time's the flight ?!

Next week, give us time to prepare 😉

I'm watching "I married the waiter"...Mam,do you fancy a trip to Greece with me?We wont go as far as marriage. ��

Duvet, can I chaperone ye? ... we don’t want a Shirley Valentine repeat (or maybe we do!)

Under Kitty's bed drinking a cup of tea.

• Advertisement

Next week, give us time to prepare ��

Prepare for what? all you need is your thong and your tooth brush :pac:.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement