Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

On the couch finally, busy old day. Ended up going to the gym, even though I didn’t really feel like it, but I’m so glad I did. Plan for the rest of the night is just to chill, early morning tomorrow for an appointment

• Registered Users Posts: 21,828 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Lying down , with the feet up feck it . Anything that isn't done , will get sorted in the morning , it always get done somewhere along the line .
    But for now, time to take it easy :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GoneHome wrote: »
    Jeez that's a horrendous commute Seph, is there anyway you can move to somewhere nearer the job

I'm looking for places in the city but there far and few between.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Finally home after a wake for a neighbour, glass of wine to unwind.

Seph, hope you find somewhere soon, that commute will be a killer in winter with dark mornings and evenings. Are you driving? Might be easier on public transport.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,012 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Finally home after a wake for a neighbour, glass of wine to unwind.

Seph, hope you find somewhere soon, that commute will be a killer in winter with dark mornings and evenings. Are you driving? Might be easier on public transport.

Nope I don't drive............yet :pac:

Time for be......zzzzzzzzzz

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,379 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Time for be......zzzzzzzzzz

It's horrifically expensive to learn now. :(

Night Seph.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Nope I don't drive............yet .....

What do you think your commute would look like if you had one of those electric push bikes ?

First week of every new job/routine always the most exhausting... you do get used to it after a week or so.
    I did a 1hr20-1hr30 commute (driving) for a couple of years. Just on borderline of doable, but I got a whole routine thing going with my podcasts, music etc. and managed to get my evening training/very occasional nights out etc in. You need to be super organised and disciplined wrt sleep, food etc though :(
    Once the hours exceeded regular 8:30 hour days all bets off though - and anything much over1hr30 commute is too much.

Couchside, pondering my current work-life balance :D What I've gained in hours and convenience, I've lost in basic self-discipline and organization :p

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Heading bedside

Night all :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bedside. Pondering some toast.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

Honestly, you get used to a commute like that. I've had to.

On the plus side, someone else has to worry about the bus/ train driving. You sit back and leave them to it. You use the time to read, listen to music, post on boards / whatever.

It's not ideal, but it's doable. If you get a place to live nearer to work, happy days, but if not, so be it.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Bed, feeling the need for toast though..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

On my couch ready to work with a thumping headache. Not going to the gym and certainly not for a swim because my cracked skin on my foot has cracked open to a fairly big cut. It hurts like hell. Trying to heal it with moisturiser but a doc/dermatologist may be needed.

Stupid neighbour upstairs is learning to play the didgeridoo or is doing some kind of meditation programme that involves it being played really f**kin loudly along to some f**ker chanting on a speakers. This crack started at 8.10 this morning and is still going on, its 10 now. No wonder I have a headache. A$$hat.

Am starving but headache is making my stomach sick so can't even think of eating. Ugh. Starting work now and just want to sleep. Dammit.

Morning all :)

Happy Wednesday!!!

On the the move again 😛

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...When the twilight turns at the end of day and the angels kiss the moon, there's a certain smile on a certain face and it could not be too soon, there's diamond sun everywhere she goes...

Morning all

It's cloudy and 12C

Kitchen with coffee thinking of good things

Seven Worlds will Collide

Deskside with coffee, hanging in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Trying to get my act together and go fishing before the wind picks up.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Up and at em since before 6am.
    Appointments today. A bit of fun squeezed in between. Hope the poor ponies in that flooded field near Coonagh in Limerick were got out ok. Just saw there's a thread about the flooding. It was awful when I passed it on Sunday and the two horses looked so sad standing on a tiny island of land surrounded by a lake where there shouldn't be a lake.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Chilly this morning. Porridge on.

• Advertisement

Up and at em.. Wee road trip way out west on the cards.

I bought an ironing board and fancy steam iron in homestore last year and she says to me, what the heck is that? A surfboard with stabilisers? How the fùck are you not married perse? Will you accept a ring in the post? Or a post in the ring even? Get the ball rollin like :D

There is a long answer to that Harry but the short and convenient one is *"I'm not the marrying type" :D

I am couchside doing a bit of work before getting in the car and doing more work.
    Sephers your commute is long but is absolutely doable. It will become just a regular part of your day where you don't even think about it. Lots of people will say "oh my God I couldn't do it" but that doesn't matter. That's them and not you x

*please God don't let me turn in to Emmetspiceland with the quotation marks :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

My commute used to be somewhere between 1 - 1.5 hours a day back when the M50 was 2 lanes and a car park.

Now, it's anywhere between 30 minutes to 1 hour each way as I've found shortcuts and know the best times to travel :)

You gt used to it, and eventually get sick of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Starting college. At 42!! Surrounded by teenagers, never felt so old but sure it's an experience if nothing else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭SirChenjin

eviltwin wrote: »
    Starting college. At 42!! Surrounded by teenagers, never felt so old but sure it's an experience if nothing else.

I envy you - in the nicest possible way. Hope you enjoy your course, best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The wind has changed and the smell from the local bakery seems to be wafting in through my office window. Am absolutely starving now. Dying for some brown bread, cream buns, Victoria sponges, scones and a gingerbread man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Just out of drs after getting my pneumonia vaccine. Boohooohoooo.
    Feeling somewhat sombre, hearing of another young woman losing her life leaving little kids behind. It’s an epidemic in this town the past year.

Seph, once you get into a rhythm of the commute you’ll prob start to enjoy it. When I had a huge commute I loved having the time to myself in the morning, and to chill out in the evening so I was closed off from work!

I’m in a tyre shop, one of my tyres went flat when I was in Limerick and I managed to use the repair kit to repair it and get me back home. Never a dull day, eh? :rolleyes:

Just finished at the coalface and the sun is shining but the wind would cut through you.

Wonder what to do for the evening :D;)

I'm looking at you Ted ;)

• Advertisement

Kitchenside, listening to tunes. I still haven’t found my good speaker that I mentioned in the TA thread. Still TA’d about it because I just cannot for the life of me figure out where it went. Thinking tea would be a good idea shortly

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement