Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭The Real Ramona

SirChenjin wrote: »
    That's amazing that a toddler could articulate that. What age is the toddler?

2.5!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

I once dreamed of a famous musician walking by me and smiling, a few days before I learned of his death. I hadn't known him or even met him previously either.

This was back in 2001. Never had anything similar happen to me before or since.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭cazzer22

Can anyone recommend a Podcast about paranormal or unnerving experiences? Also, a new story would be brilliant :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,975 ✭✭✭optogirl

cazzer22 wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a Podcast about paranormal or unnerving experiences? Also, a new story would be brilliant :-)

Let's Not Meet (narration of Reddit thread similar to this. Hit & miss but usually pretty good)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Spooked and Anything Ghost Shows are two very good ones, again they are all listener e-mails narrated.

Some very good and creepy stories in them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

A few years back I was camping in a forest area, on the side of a mountain. It was dark, and lights started appearing through the trees so after about half an hour and after trying to take some photos (which all came out completely black - well you could see the trees at the side etc but the lights themselves were coming out black), i went to have a look. Ends up the trees were only three of four deep until you got to the side of the mountain itself, and the mountain (obviously) keep going up as far as I could see. the lights stopped before i got there. i was probably less than 20 feet away. i assumed it was someone taking the piss.

I went back again about a year later in daylight as it (still) cant figure it out and realised that where I seen the lights was pretty inaccessible and even if someone was there, the only way out was to go past me. nevermind it was in the middle of nowhere on top of a rural mountain. The only thing I can think of is light coming from the soil of the mountain

• Registered Users Posts: 12,767 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Or somebody out hunting

• Site Banned Posts: 41 thesiegeof

I had a quick read, very interesting and scary thread.

I don't have many scary tales really but when I was younger, maybe around 10, I was going to bed. I closed my door and got into bed. There was no one in my room, I'm 100% sure of this. But after a few minutes under the covers, I got a full force slap on my arse. I don't know how it happened as I was under my duvet but I was frozen solid, I couldn't move, I didn't want to turn around to see who or what was there. I stayed still for what felt like forever but it must have been an hour or two. I then got out the other side of the bed and ran to my parent's room. I remember being frustrated because they were just brushing off what I was saying. I didn't go back into my room for a while and I didn't sleep well for a bit after this but nothing like it ever happened again.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,664 ✭✭✭✭maccored

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Or somebody out hunting

if only. there were a lot of lights. plus, i would have seen them as there just wasnt the room

• Registered Users Posts: 13,676 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I woke up in the middle of the night, and realised who I had married. Creeped me right out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Dramatik

This didn't exactly happen to me but it was something I observed, which really creeped me out. One day I was walking to college, there was a lot of building going on at the time in the area where my college was. As I'm walking I'm kind of in my own world, headphones on hood up. I happen to glance over towards the entrance of a building site on the other side of the road, I notice an ambulance and at the exact same time two paramedics appear into my field of vision, they are pushing a patient presumably a worker on the site towards the open back door of the ambulance. The guy on the stretcher, his face was a grayish pale colour but it looked like he was still somewhat conscious, and then it hit me, stomach nearly did a 180 degrees, the dude was missing half of his leg!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

So I haven't told anyone else this and it upset me hugely so I probably should have told someone.
    I had a night terror a few nights ago and it ended with me screaming for help looking at my toddler hanging off my wardrobe door.
    Upsetting even typing this. I have had night terrors a few times in the past but this was absolutely horrific.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭Comhrá

heldel00 wrote: »
    So I haven't told anyone else this and it upset me hugely so I probably should have told someone.
    I had a night terror a few nights ago and it ended with me screaming for help looking at my toddler hanging off my wardrobe door.
    Upsetting even typing this. I have had night terrors a few times in the past but this was absolutely horrific.

That was a really traumatic experience to have. Those nightmares can be really upsetting. Only thing though, you'll probably put it out of your conscious mind in a day or two, at least that's what I've noticed on the odd occasion I've woken up after a horrible nightmare like that. Even sharing it here will help you put it behind you. Wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy though.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Sinus pain

heldel00 wrote: »

So sorry to hear this - I had a very vivid dream one time my son was face down in the sea and I was screaming for help but no one would help. I was traumatized when I woke up. It did ease off in a day or two and I spoiled my little guy for a while which made both of us feel good. Hope you can shake this soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

Thank you for the reassurance. Don't know why I haven't told anyone. I suppose maybe my subconscious is telling me that if I say it then that makes it real...or something as equally ludicrous.
    Good to hear that others have had similar and I'm not a weirdo!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Similar to above, I’ve not had any but we have a 5 month old and my wife has had two relating to him. So more than likely a lot more common that you’d never imagine, hopefully you feel better having said it.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,240 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

A bit OT, but when I was maybe 10 I was taking a bath upstairs. I pretended to play a game.

And it was just a game, in my head, there was no malice intended. I shouted for my dad to help me. When he came into the bathroom, I played dead under the water, as if I had drowned.

When he caught me, I laughed, as it was just a joke. I still remember the terror on his face, but I didn't understand it then.

I was living with my parents for a time in my late twenties, out of work, and while I was in my bedroom, I could hear my parents. My dad was retelling his experience of that moment to my mum. He was on the verge of tears.

We have never talked about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I had a night terror experience when I was around 7/8 yrs old that I can still remember vividly to this day, I'm 42 now, in my mind I was asleep in bed and was woken suddenly by really loud banging on the front door, my parents were asleep in the nxt room, even though subconsciously I knew I was asleep this banging woke me from my dream, I waited for one of my parents to go down and investigate but they never did, so I very nervously went down stairs to open the door.
    When I did this man with a huge axe burst past me ran up the stairs and into my parents room, I ran up after him screaming and balling only to see him butchering my parents in front of me.
    My parents obviously heard me in distress and came in to wake me even though I was 100% convinced I was already awake and this actually happened, crazy stuff tbh how real it seemed to me, it wasn't your standard nightmare that we all had hundreds of when young, it's something on a different level and something I never experienced since thankfully, we'll not if you don't count sleep paralysis which is every bit as bad but not the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

thesiegeof wrote: »
    I had a quick read, very interesting and scary thread.

I don't have many scary tales really but when I was younger, maybe around 10, I was going to bed. I closed my door and got into bed. There was no one in my room, I'm 100% sure of this. But after a few minutes under the covers, I got a full force slap on my arse. I don't know how it happened as I was under my duvet but I was frozen solid, I couldn't move, I didn't want to turn around to see who or what was there. I stayed still for what felt like forever but it must have been an hour or two. I then got out the other side of the bed and ran to my parent's room. I remember being frustrated because they were just brushing off what I was saying. I didn't go back into my room for a while and I didn't sleep well for a bit after this but nothing like it ever happened again.

A slap on the arse ! Brilliant

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭ldy4mxonucwsq6

The No Sleep Podcast or Monsters Among Us are two I enjoy (with the lights on)

• Advertisement

Dark Histories.

It's really good.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Night terrors are absolutely petrifying, I suffered a lot with them when I was a child and wouldn't wish it on anyone. It feels so real and it's incredibly hard to shake off even for days after. Now that I'm older I feel horrible thinking about how much it must have affected my parents to see me in such distress!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Sleep paralysis is terrifying- you are awake but you can’t move your body and you can hear sounds - I use to get it especially after heavy weekends drinking

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭voldejoie

Dr. Bre wrote: »
    Sleep paralysis is terrifying- you are awake but you can’t move your body and you can hear sounds - I use to get it especially after heavy weekends drinking

Jetlag is a big trigger for me, I can go months and months without experiencing sleep paralysis and then travel across a few timezones and BAM! Thank god it's been on the lower end of the scale recently.

I've had the sleep paralysis vision of the demonic woman a few times, including once as a teenager when I was sharing a room with my little sister. Was so shaken after it I stayed up crying most of the night :o:(

Hypnogogia.... I think its a word.

I remember waking up and seeing a ghostly figure. Completely real, but a part of my dream.

That in between state of sleep and awake.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 480 ✭✭ewc78

This probably doesn't count as nothing really happend to me or I didn't see anything as in there was no strange lights or sounds or anything like that, it was just a strange feeling I got.
    Anyway, I was working in an old house (I'm a Electrician) and I was on my own working away as I had been for a few days before that in the same house. The house had just been taken over by a nephew of a man who had left it to him in his will, he had only died a few weeks before. It was an old estate house probably 200 years old.

There was no one else in the house and it was in an isolated enough location so I would have seen someone coming up the driveway or whatever. Anyway I was working on the fuseboard in the hall, when I just got this feeling I was being watched, I turned around but there was no one there, which I knew there wouldn't be as I was the only person working there anyway.

I really dunno what came over me,but I couldn't shake this feeling someone was there watching me. It really freaked me out to the point I packed up my tools and left as quick as I could.
    Now I'm not one to get freaked that easily but this has stuck with me and its probably about 10 years ago it happened. I've never had the same sort of feeling again and I hope I never do as honestly it really did freak me out.

I did have to go back to finish off the job the next day but there was 3 or 4 different tradesmen working there that day so I felt a bit more at ease.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭368100

igCorcaigh wrote: »
    A bit OT, but when I was maybe 10 I was taking a bath upstairs. I pretended to play a game.

And it was just a game, in my head, there was no malice intended. I shouted for my dad to help me. When he came into the bathroom, I played dead under the water, as if I had drowned.

When he caught me, I laughed, as it was just a joke. I still remember the terror on his face, but I didn't understand it then.

I was living with my parents for a time in my late twenties, out of work, and while I was in my bedroom, I could hear my parents. My dad was retelling his experience of that moment to my mum. He was on the verge of tears.

We have never talked about it.

Wow.....must have really affected him to bring it up so much time later.

I remember once my little sister who would have been about 6 at the time taking my dad's razor and shaving like she had watched him do it just before we were to mass.
    She badly cut her lips, I can still see the blood dripping down from her mouth....needless to say there was no mass that night!

Another time my brother was in a motorbike accident, inexplicably he walked home...which was about 20 mins....but I still remember him walking in through the door, blood all over his face and clothes.....and my mam and aunt cleaning him up.
    Was freaky to a child...

We stayed in the clarion hotel in Sligo last year.
    Went in..a big room..5 of us..
    The room was so cold and we had heard of the stories from there.
    While we were giving out that it was so cold
    A knock comes to the door...a girl, staff, with a heater says " ye rang down for a heater"
    It was so weird in that moment, no one had rang down.
    Next day taking a video of one of the kids going down the hall and looking back on it you could hear someone shout in the video.
    Wouldn't stay there again!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,208 ✭✭✭shamrock55

During one of my sleep paralysis episodes years ago I floated up to the ceiling of my room and was being dragged or pulled out towards the bedroom door all while looking down on myself in the bed, took everything I had to stop myself/wake myself from being dragged out.
    I'm actually laughing at what I just wrote but it certainly wasn't funny at the time let me tell you

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    During one of my sleep paralysis episodes years ago I floated up to the ceiling of my room and was being dragged or pulled out towards the bedroom door all while looking down on myself in the bed, took everything I had to stop myself/wake myself from being dragged out.
    I'm actually laughing at what I just wrote but it certainly wasn't funny at the time let me tell you

That's like an OBE?

Advertisement