Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭djan

For FIFA20, whats the best way to get some free packs with it? Are the preorder promos still going of some sort? Is it worth it to get EA Access to buy for the discounts or just get it in Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

i got it in supervalu last year and planned to spend the difference on packs, in the end I didn't spend any extra there was just so much content this year it was easy to build teams. I think pretty much everyone on here ended up with a super team whether they spent or not

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

seamie78 wrote: »
    i got it in supervalu last year and planned to spend the difference on packs, in the end I didn't spend any extra there was just so much content this year it was easy to build teams. I think pretty much everyone on here ended up with a super team whether they spent or not

exactly this. If you play the game you'll be rewarded with packs, its all about your luck then.
    Having a super team doesnt mean good results. you still need to know how to play. hopefully they'll have more than 1 way to score next year.

PC has Origin Premier for 100 a year so a no brainer for anyone on PC to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,734 ✭✭✭djan

That makes sense I guess. Especially with the EA FC 1k match coin boosts it's not too difficult to get going.

You're right about it being how you play. Always surprises me the level/div of some of the super teams posted here!

Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs such as finesse and first time shots for the next one ... (feel like I say this every year :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What I'd really like next year is if they start all the cards about 10 OVR lower... They'll never reduce the amount of special cards but I think they need to leave themselves more room to grow cards over the cycle. This year we ended up with super-cards too early and ended up with the likes of TOTW becoming SBC fodder by xmas more or less.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

My team in FIFA 20 is going to be expensive.... Gerrard, Rush, Barnes and maybe even Dalglish, if he’s announced. Can’t wait to try them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Decided against my better judgement to do the TOTs SBC before it expired, opened it last night and promptly wished I hadn’t done it as got Ter fecking Stegen again - think that’s the third or fourth time I’ve packed him and untradable :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

My team in FIFA 20 is going to be expensive.... Gerrard, Rush, Barnes and maybe even Dalglish, if he’s announced. Can’t wait to try them out!

Chelsea one is looking great too for legends.... shame the base golds will be Kante @89 and then everyone else 83 or less :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Redo91

What’s going on with the market? I had my eye on Future Stars TAA as RB is the only position I can still significantly upgrade. He was going for 72k yesterday but has now doubled in price. Any idea how this happened?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Redo91 wrote: »
    What’s going on with the market? I had my eye on Future Stars TAA as RB is the only position I can still significantly upgrade. He was going for 72k yesterday but has now doubled in price. Any idea how this happened?

Futties is over, and the special cards will never be in packs again. Thus a price increase on them all.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Futties is over, and the special cards will never be in packs again. Thus a price increase on them all.

Ah sugar. I got TOTS Laca on the cheap and he still hasn’t increased so annoying that TAA has gone up but he hasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Weekend league is finished after this weekend as well

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Weekend league is finished after this weekend as well

Would that not cause prices to crash since the game is winding down?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Would that not cause prices to crash since the game is winding down?

Don't know, haven't played it in months

Wound down in March for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Got the message last night saying last weekend league was on 30/08/19 so another 3 weeks?

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Got the message last night saying last weekend league was on 30/08/19 so another 3 weeks?

So it is, misread the date.

Finished my final squad! I’ve never had a team close to this/better than this since I started playing FIFA, so I’m delighted. Prime R9 took up every last coin I had + a nearly empty club and all the pack rewards :)

On mobile and couldn’t embed the images, so there’s the link anyways.

https://imgur.com/a/lIswUIc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

So what's left for Fifa '19 now? I assume people will start to let their teams kind of rot away now once the final Weekend League is finished next weekend. I noticed there was a big bump in player prices this weekend, assume that is because a lot of special cards came out of packs again. I also see a lot of the price ranges (something I never really paid attention to before) seem to have been dramatically reduced over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Did anyone bother with the final weekend league? I entered, but ended up doing the Maradona and Pele SBCs instead. Was sad to part with the TOTS Son & Eriksen duo, but Fut19 is over anyway and I thought it would be fun to have a team with the Pele, Messi & Maradona.

Seeing as this thread has died, I presume everyone has finished with Fut19. What sort of team did everybody finish up with? By far my best ever team. It was easier to achieve a good side this year, but without cheap high rated cards being as widely available as last year.

489689.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Jesus that's some team Rooster

• Advertisement

This is the team I've used in the last weekend or two.

gRAMtGR.png

But two things....

1. It leaves out a tonne of amazing players I can't fit in. Prime Ronaldinho and Best, special versions of Bale, Auba, Ibra....

2. It's got a few cards I got super late into the game, and only used for one or two weekends.

Overall, this is probably the squad I used mostly over the whole game.

1QDouVZ.png

I'll really, really miss Gullet and Ronaldo from that.

Alonso was easily the best SBC I did all year. Just incredible player who progressed in rating every time I thought about replacing him.

Valencia and Cech might not have been the "best" but were super solid players and often fought off challangers when I tried replacing them. Butra and Petit too.

And the two CBs were just so reliable.

The wingers didn't impress, massively; I won't bother doing either next year if they are SBC'd again. I know that's a flaw with my game play though. I'd say if I was a skiller, I'd enjoy them more.

I'll post a final rating score next week when i finish properly. I'm still playing drafts at the moment, since I have 700k to burn and its fun to try weird combos and special cards. It's about 850 - 80 - 880 currently though.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

I'm in two minds about getting 20 but not because of problems I had with 19 just because of the sheer time it takes up. Have a load of great single player games yet to play and my explanation to myself was always ah fifa is just a quick pickup and play ,but it's really not ,especially FUT.
    With work and kids free time is limited so I think I might cut the cord, for a years trial anyway see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

unknown.png?width=779&height=439
    Vieira and Aouar should be swapped to get VVD to 8 chem.

Finished out the year with 937-49-390. 41 of those losses have came in draft, probably 39 to cheaters.
    not sure if its better or worse than my team last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,415 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I'm in two minds about getting 20 but not because of problems I had with 19 just because of the sheer time it takes up. Have a load of great single player games yet to play and my explanation to myself was always ah fifa is just a quick pickup and play ,but it's really not ,especially FUT.
    With work and kids free time is limited so I think I might cut the cord, for a years trial anyway see how it goes.

found it hard as first too mate.
    First I dumped my consoles but it just meant more gaming on my PC.
    So I took the drastic step of selling my gaming PC and completely ending my gaming at night time.
    So now I'm focussing on getting fit and playing guitar.
    I loved Pubg and I still get to play a few games on my mobile so its not all bad.

Had meant to get a few final games in with my icons and never did. :(

Final record: 858 - 58 - 895

(so many 8s and 5s there, lol)

About to blast 770k on a pack suicide run now. Really depress myself.

100k, three 83s and bugger all else. Gonna stop now cause I’m just convincing myself not to buy packs on Fifa 20 :P

Thanks Fifa 19. Overall, had a very fun year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Happy to have gotten a full elite liverpool team

Wont bother with fifa 20, it just takes up so much of my free time that it's not enjoyable as it should be! The only thing drawing me back are the new liverpool icons but being realistic I'd never get to play with them

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I have 1.2milliion to burn, but unless they release some promo packs, not gonna torture meself with 7.5k packs ;)

Happy to have gotten a full elite liverpool team

Wont bother with fifa 20, it just takes up so much of my free time that it's not enjoyable as it should be! The only thing drawing me back are the new liverpool icons but being realistic I'd never get to play with them

Same as me! Sold TOTS Mbappe a couple weeks back and built a Liverpool team. IF Matip instead of Gomez tho as I didn’t get him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RedRochey

Same as me! Sold TOTS Mbappe a couple weeks back and built a Liverpool team. IF Matip instead of Gomez tho as I didn’t get him

I had IF Fabinho there and UCL Hendo but then they rereleased the FFS Gomez SBC and the futswap Fabinho so was delighted with then

Barely played a few games with them though

Advertisement