Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fifa 19 Ultimate Team (Part 2)

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,602 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

89 Firminho from MM.

Have 210k, plus sales, and no interest in any more SBC players. So gonna start doing some League SBCs, and see how many packs I can open before I run outta coins :P

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭Lenny17123

Is there much difference between 90 gullit a nd 93 gullit?apart from the price tag ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Lenny17123 wrote: »
    Is there much difference between 90 gullit a nd 93 gullit?apart from the price tag ha

I haven’t used the 90 gullit but looking at the stats I think you’d be much better off doing the 93 sbc for 2mil than buying the 90 off the market for 1.6mil.
    You could probably shave a lot off it if you have high rated untradeables and from all the packs you’ll get you’ll probably get quite a few specials so I reckon it’d actually work out cheaper to do the sbc.

Being untradeable isn’t a concern because it’s so late in the game and also, unless you pack moments gullit, there is no one better than prime gullit so you’ll have no desire to get rid anyway.

Hogey007 wrote:
    Being untradeable isn’t a concern because it’s so late in the game and also, unless you pack moments gullit, there is no one better than prime gullit so you’ll have no desire to get rid anyway.

I've enough to buy him as is so I was thinking of just doing that. Only want to try him for the last few weeks. I can't see me wanting to spend those coins elsewhere so might be just easier and lazier to buy him straight up. He's always been a machine to play against. I was just trying to be cheap buying his 90 card ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

Lord TSC wrote: »
    89 Firminho from MM.

Have 210k, plus sales, and no interest in any more SBC players. So gonna start doing some League SBCs, and see how many packs I can open before I run outta coins :P

was doing that last week. you will not run out of coins pack weight is too good made about 600k doing it, just waiting for fifa 20 now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

seamie78 wrote:
    was doing that last week. you will not run out of coins pack weight is too good made about 600k doing it, just waiting for fifa 20 now

Pack weight is considerably worse this week I find. Not packed anything worth talking about where last week is was a blue every pack.

5-7.

And....I'm not sure if I'll bother playing much more tbh.

I knew I'd be pushing it this week, and would start the "break" afterwards, in anticipation of Fifa 20. But thought I'd get through one more. But not massively enjoying it. So I think I'm 99% done now. Might play a few final games on Sunday but I think thats me finished.

God, I'm going to miss Gulliet and R9 :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭djan

Super OP prime icon teams in div1 so I'm just gonna make an arsenal past present and have some fun :) what is it mid September that 20 comes out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

With the clock running down on the Hazard Futties SBC having my own transfer deadline day and got the chairman to release the funds to complete it - had to spend a massive 90k to do it but Hazard will be announced shortly :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Lovely Futties cards in weeklies. Very obtainable too... same with fut swaps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,452 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Did 4 icon upgrades with the remainder of my money before logging off for good.
    PC is gone now so no gaming whatsoever from now on.

Gets Prime Veron, middle Seerdorf (got him earlier in the season from a 15k pack and sold him for 2.8 mil), baby Trez and Prime bloody Maldini.
    Would have loved to have tried him out.

sKr1Tfw.jpg

Lovely Futties cards in weeklies. Very obtainable too... same with fut swaps.

Yeah that was my thoughts too. I’ll keep going for the FUTSwap tokens - aiming for the Prime Icon pack then will pick up Zaha and Niang if I get the full 14.

Still to close the Hazard deal - he’s asking for an extra cheeseburger a week but isn’t expected to be a deal breaker and if I do the Kondogbia objective that will round out my La Liga team nicely.

Have to say that this FIFA has been the best for me in terms of FUT - first time I’ve really invested time into doing objectives etc and collecting coins and managed to put together some really decent teams.

Never spent a penny in FIFA points during my FIFA career going back to FIFA 11 and not a mad trader like many of you guys but the content served up has allowed me to get some decent players this season plus got my first ever icons even though nothing spectacular - best was 90 Butregueno who to be fair has been decent but still hoping for a super Icon before I finish up :)

Boulders8 wrote: »
    Yeah that was my thoughts too. I’ll keep going for the FUTSwap tokens - aiming for the Prime Icon pack then will pick up Zaha and Niang if I get the full 14.

Still to close the Hazard deal - he’s asking for an extra cheeseburger a week but isn’t expected to be a deal breaker and if I do the Kondogbia objective that will round out my La Liga team nicely.

Have to say that this FIFA has been the best for me in terms of FUT - first time I’ve really invested time into doing objectives etc and collecting coins and managed to put together some really decent teams.

Never spent a penny in FIFA points during my FIFA career going back to FIFA 11 and not a mad trader like many of you guys but the content served up has allowed me to get some decent players this season plus got my first ever icons even though nothing spectacular - best was 90 Butregueno who to be fair has been decent but still hoping for a super Icon before I finish up :)

Content has been very fair this year.. I’ll be going for Fabinho myself, 9 swap tokens should be grand. I’ve all of them so far barring 1 from this weeks objectives which I’m 1 assist off of getting.

Might throw together a La Liga team too... doing the objective for Kondogbia, 3 straight wins and TOTS Dembele with 7 goals in 3 games paired with scream Costa and Futties Hazard up top. Mental front three.

Problem for most is it's simply too late for grinding. It's simple not worth the hassle for cards. It's a pity it's not a couple of months earlier.

Content has been very fair this year.. I’ll be going for Fabinho myself, 9 swap tokens should be grand. I’ve all of them so far barring 1 from this weeks objectives which I’m 1 assist off of getting.

Might throw together a La Liga team too... doing the objective for Kondogbia, 3 straight wins and TOTS Dembele with 7 goals in 3 games paired with scream Costa and Futties Hazard up top. Mental front three.

Just realised that Greizeman might drop as a SBC tonight as well so if he does will be tempted to splurge my remaining coins on him

RossieMan wrote: »
    Problem for most is it's simply too late for grinding. It's simple not worth the hassle for cards. It's a pity it's not a couple of months earlier.

Yeah, that’s true. I suppose EA might be throwing out the good stuff late to push people to buy FIFA 20.

Just realised that Greizeman might drop as a SBC tonight as well so if he does will be tempted to splurge my remaining coins on him

The Joao Felix in objectives is for his new club too, athletico so another one for your la liga team

Hogey007 wrote: »
    The Joao Felix in objectives is for his new club too, athletico so another one for your la liga team

Didn’t realise that so yeah already added Hazard, hopefully do the Kondogbia and Felix objectives and splurge on Greizman if he comes up.

Was going to get Zaha and Niang if I got the full 14 FUTSwap tokens but think I may go for Januzaj instead as RW been one of the weaker positions in my La Liga Team

Wow - just tried out Hazard for the first time, he’s like greased lightning. Won 4-2 in Rivals and 4 assists for Eden :) Kondogbia here I come

*Kondogbia objective done in 3. Last guy quit as soon as he went a goal down. Hazard 8 assists in 3 games

TOTS Upgrades + a whole host of other upgrades are back... TOTS being 84 rated + 1 TOTS. Much more like it! Might pour the 1m I’ve left into those upgrades.

• Advertisement

TOTS Upgrades + a whole host of other upgrades are back... TOTS being 84 rated + 1 TOTS. Much more like it! Might pour the 1m I’ve left into those upgrades.

Never mind lads. Absolute scams those TOTS packs... 5 done, 3x Benitez, 2x Schulz :pac:

Never mind lads. Absolute scams those TOTS packs... 5 done, 3x Benitez, 2x Schulz :pac:

Just do loads of 81+ upgrades.
    I’m getting a tots player in every second or third pack. Just clearing out club now as I’m pretty much done on fifa 19

Pack weight seems pretty good, got a few specials from the fut birthday sbc too.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just do loads of 81+ upgrades.
    I’m getting a tots player in every second or third pack. Just clearing out club now as I’m pretty much done on fifa 19

Yeah, I’m doing 81+ and then recycling them all back into TOTS upgrades. All I want is a Ronaldo or Neymar tbh.. not too much to ask for! :pac:

As I’m finishing up now for a little break before fifa 20 (I’ll still play an odd rivals match) here is my final team, probably the best I’ll ever have on fifa, got to a 196 squad.

Good chatting with yous over the year and see yis in fifa 20, or well done on those of you escaping :D

56722-D1-F-EE28-4-ED1-935-D-562972-EB5-C68.jpg

Pack weights are ridiculous on those double 81+ packs.
    Did 5 and got me 5 tots including Ben Yedder.
    Should have held off selling my pc for a few weeks :)

Got tots cancelo in the upgrade packs. Had him already tho so just recycled him back into the team of the season upgrade got some French left back outta that. Got mane in the newly released 5 segment sbcs this evening. One of the few tots cards still going for a few k. Back up to 500k after spending 2.5m on Gullit.

Don't know if I have the will to give up this team and start over ha. Fifa takes so much time. I think the wife will divorce me if she sees a new fifa come into the house too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,965 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Blazer wrote: »
    Pack weights are ridiculous on those double 81+ packs.
    Did 5 and got me 5 tots including Ben Yedder.
    Should have held off selling my pc for a few weeks :)

Got TotS Ederson in the first one, then brock in the next ten or so :(

Thought **** it, I’ve so many TOTS and high rateds in my club I’ll surely be able to do R9 with the remainder of my coins... 300k left and I’ve all the 85s 84s etc to do! I’ll just about make it I’d say but I’m on holidays for the next two weeks so won’t be able to try him out for a while :pac:

• Advertisement

They need to release these icons at launch and have them non expiring.
    That way you can work throughout the year to get Ronaldo etc.

For FIFA20, whats the best way to get some free packs with it? Are the preorder promos still going of some sort? Is it worth it to get EA Access to buy for the discounts or just get it in Supervalu?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭seamie78

i got it in supervalu last year and planned to spend the difference on packs, in the end I didn't spend any extra there was just so much content this year it was easy to build teams. I think pretty much everyone on here ended up with a super team whether they spent or not

seamie78 wrote: »
    i got it in supervalu last year and planned to spend the difference on packs, in the end I didn't spend any extra there was just so much content this year it was easy to build teams. I think pretty much everyone on here ended up with a super team whether they spent or not

exactly this. If you play the game you'll be rewarded with packs, its all about your luck then.
    Having a super team doesnt mean good results. you still need to know how to play. hopefully they'll have more than 1 way to score next year.

PC has Origin Premier for 100 a year so a no brainer for anyone on PC to buy it.

That makes sense I guess. Especially with the EA FC 1k match coin boosts it's not too difficult to get going.

You're right about it being how you play. Always surprises me the level/div of some of the super teams posted here!

Hopefully they'll iron out the bugs such as finesse and first time shots for the next one ... (feel like I say this every year :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

What I'd really like next year is if they start all the cards about 10 OVR lower... They'll never reduce the amount of special cards but I think they need to leave themselves more room to grow cards over the cycle. This year we ended up with super-cards too early and ended up with the likes of TOTW becoming SBC fodder by xmas more or less.

• Advertisement

My team in FIFA 20 is going to be expensive.... Gerrard, Rush, Barnes and maybe even Dalglish, if he’s announced. Can’t wait to try them out!

Decided against my better judgement to do the TOTs SBC before it expired, opened it last night and promptly wished I hadn’t done it as got Ter fecking Stegen again - think that’s the third or fourth time I’ve packed him and untradable :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

My team in FIFA 20 is going to be expensive.... Gerrard, Rush, Barnes and maybe even Dalglish, if he’s announced. Can’t wait to try them out!

Chelsea one is looking great too for legends.... shame the base golds will be Kante @89 and then everyone else 83 or less :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭Redo91

What’s going on with the market? I had my eye on Future Stars TAA as RB is the only position I can still significantly upgrade. He was going for 72k yesterday but has now doubled in price. Any idea how this happened?

Redo91 wrote: »
    What’s going on with the market? I had my eye on Future Stars TAA as RB is the only position I can still significantly upgrade. He was going for 72k yesterday but has now doubled in price. Any idea how this happened?

Futties is over, and the special cards will never be in packs again. Thus a price increase on them all.

• Advertisement

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Futties is over, and the special cards will never be in packs again. Thus a price increase on them all.

Ah sugar. I got TOTS Laca on the cheap and he still hasn’t increased so annoying that TAA has gone up but he hasn’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Weekend league is finished after this weekend as well

Rossi IRL wrote: »
    Weekend league is finished after this weekend as well

Would that not cause prices to crash since the game is winding down?

Redo91 wrote: »
    Would that not cause prices to crash since the game is winding down?

Don't know, haven't played it in months

Wound down in March for me

Got the message last night saying last weekend league was on 30/08/19 so another 3 weeks?

Got the message last night saying last weekend league was on 30/08/19 so another 3 weeks?

So it is, misread the date.

Finished my final squad! I’ve never had a team close to this/better than this since I started playing FIFA, so I’m delighted. Prime R9 took up every last coin I had + a nearly empty club and all the pack rewards :)

On mobile and couldn’t embed the images, so there’s the link anyways.

https://imgur.com/a/lIswUIc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

So what's left for Fifa '19 now? I assume people will start to let their teams kind of rot away now once the final Weekend League is finished next weekend. I noticed there was a big bump in player prices this weekend, assume that is because a lot of special cards came out of packs again. I also see a lot of the price ranges (something I never really paid attention to before) seem to have been dramatically reduced over the weekend...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭R00ster

Did anyone bother with the final weekend league? I entered, but ended up doing the Maradona and Pele SBCs instead. Was sad to part with the TOTS Son & Eriksen duo, but Fut19 is over anyway and I thought it would be fun to have a team with the Pele, Messi & Maradona.

Seeing as this thread has died, I presume everyone has finished with Fut19. What sort of team did everybody finish up with? By far my best ever team. It was easier to achieve a good side this year, but without cheap high rated cards being as widely available as last year.

489689.JPG

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Jesus that's some team Rooster

• Advertisement
Advertisement