Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trialvilly Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Turned on the telly to listen to FM104 while I was working,
    They were playing the Heffo's Army/Come on the Blue's monologue.

Ta'ed that its made me homesick as well as being tired from work. There are not enough crying emojis to show the impact of this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,527 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just went to go out to the shops and the front door handle came off in my hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

There's never been a Kerry Rose of Tralee.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,339 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

vriesmays wrote: »
    There's never been a Kerry Rose of Tralee.

Margaret O'Keefe 1964? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA’d at myself for taking it too far last night. Paying for it now :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,110 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I am back in thermals today, just can't cope with cold at all.

To thine own self be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

I am back in thermals today, just can't cope with cold at all.
    The constant raining is driving me nuts. I had to turn on my storage heater :eek: because all my shoes got wet and I'd no way to dry them. Normally I don't turn on the heaters until near the end of October because they really eat electricity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

RANTING WOMAN ALERT!!!

Been stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre. No spare wheel. Other wheel changing equipment missing also. Bought car in March. It’s only 2 years old. Tbh, I know people will say, I should’ve checked when I bought the car - I did when I viewed the car a few days prior to purchase and there was definitely a spare wheel. FED UP! RANT OVER!!!

P.S If any unexpected visitors call tonight, there may be a Part 2 of this rant!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

honeybear wrote: »
    RANTING WOMAN ALERT!!!

Been stuck in the middle of nowhere with a flat tyre. No spare wheel. Other wheel changing equipment missing also. Bought car in March. It’s only 2 years old. Tbh, I know people will say, I should’ve checked when I bought the car - I did when I viewed the car a few days prior to purchase and there was definitely a spare wheel. FED UP! RANT OVER!!!

P.S If any unexpected visitors call tonight, there may be a Part 2 of this rant!

Is anyone able to go help you Honeybear ?
    Don't know where you are but I'm in the midlands if I can help ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,648 ✭✭✭honeybear

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Is anyone able to go help your ou Honeybear ?
    Don't know where you are but I'm in the midlands if I can help ?

Oh Mam, you are so kind! My poor brother rescued me. Sitting at home now with a STRONG coffee (also laughing at your holes in the ground shenigans!) Thank you for your thoughtfulness (as always!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,867 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

honeybear wrote: »
    Oh Mam, you are so kind! My poor brother rescued me. Sitting at home now with a STRONG coffee (also laughing at your holes in the ground shenigans!) Thank you for your thoughtfulness (as always!)

Geez no worries at all , I'd hope someone would help me if I was stranded like that !
    Glad you got sorted , enjoy the coffee :)
    Emm , the holes , I thought I was being invaded or something , google and wise people here set me straight :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

The tiredness.

I'd love a way out of work today. Alas I must persist.
    *sniffs pathetically*

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Its not trivial,but im boasting today.THE KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL.Im having a lovely coffee,listening to some music and enjoying my peace and quiet.

dubstarr wrote:
    Its not trivial,but im boasting today.THE KIDS ARE BACK IN SCHOOL.Im having a lovely coffee,listening to some music and enjoying my peace and quiet.

I'm ta'd you posted in the wrong thread. Get the hell out of here with your happiness!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

Coming home with a boot-load of shopping on a wet and windy day and getting a puncture; taking all the shopping out of the boot to get to the spare wheel and having to put the shopping back into the boot so it won't get wet while you're changing the wheel; taking all out again to put the punctured wheel into the boot; loading the shopping once again and arriving home looking like a drowned rat. :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Up Donegal

(1) Ordering a pint of water with a meal and being given a small glass of water instead.

(2) Getting a jug of water at a meal for four and there isn't enough water in the jug to fill the glasses once never mind twice!

The guy next to me in the canteen biting his cereal spoon with every mouthful. Every day.

I'm ta'd you posted in the wrong thread. Get the hell out of here with your happiness!!! :D

No.:p:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,210 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The guy next to me in the canteen biting his cereal spoon with every mouthful. Every day.

That's annoying - another thing that does my head in is people chewing unnecessarily loudly. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Sitting on a 2.5 hour bus to Dublin, do a 30 minute interview, 2.5 hour bus back. And loss of earnings from taking a day off.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I want to do something with the day to keep my mind off things, but I don’t know what to do

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I want to do something with the day to keep my mind off things, but I don’t know what to do

Cinema and a nice lunch out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,322 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

It's bad enough it's Monday and it's bad enough I have work for the next 5 days but FFS will you stop whittling on about stupid, silly , irrelevant things in that annoying whispering silly voice !!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Relatives dropped in yes and I was left alone:mad: to entertain them, wagon went into my freezer and spent ages criticising that I dont have food in conventional freezer bags.

Honestly who goes into someone else's freezer!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,125 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    Geez no worries at all , I'd hope someone would help me if I was stranded like that !
    Glad you got sorted , enjoy the coffee :)
    Emm , the holes , I thought I was being invaded or something , google and wise people here set me straight :D

Your inbox is full Mam of 4 !!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,364 ✭✭✭corner of hells

Team leaders.

I've three of them , each equally annoying.

I'm only shift now.

"Did you check your emails? "

Me , "no".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

RMAOK wrote: »
    That's annoying - another thing that does my head in is people chewing unnecessarily loudly. :mad:

Got into a lift this morning only to be joined at the next floor by a man who was chewing gum loudly. Couldn't get out of there fast enough.

Having to take the lift is an annoyance in itself. I hate the things, but due to an injury I can't manage the stairs at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I did my usual shampoo twice routine in the shower this morning and was giving out to myself how long it was taking to rinse out. Grabbed the conditioner, squeezed a massive blob out and rubbed it into my hair, then realised it was shampoo. TA blind as a bat without my glasses :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hadn't realised the lid of my thermal mug wasn't screwed on properly (much like my own head), so I ended up spilling a quarter of the contents on my lap while attempting to sip from it. The only thing I can say is, thank God for black trousers, and lukewarm drinks (could've been piping hot...). :/

Stupid Monday. :mad:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement