Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 8)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

Guess that I slept close to 20 hours since I got home yesterday, combination of bed and sofa, mutt always within arm reach.

Wife is away scuba diving in the Philippines.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

The simple pleasure of being back in your own house :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I hope the decision is like blue or green socks :o I hope it isn't too scary.

Unfortunately a bit worse than that-though it would normally be cause for celebration, it's complicated.
    Shellshocked ain't the word!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 59,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gremlinertia

Unfortunately a bit worse than that-though it would normally be cause for celebration, it's complicated.
    Shellshocked ain't the word!

Let the shock wear off, try get some rest and look again tomorrow.. Sounds like something that doesn't need action right this minute so don't :)

Let the shock wear off, try get some rest and look again tomorrow.. Sounds like something that doesn't need action right this minute so don't :)

I've no hope of sleeping but thanks for your thoughts xxx

Not to drag the thread down, though the weather was dismal I met up with a dear friend and we had a blast. He's one of the good ones :)

• Advertisement

I'm going to be doing the same during the week, we talk all the time but haven't met in three years i think now. It'll be nice because i think i'll properly switch off for a few hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Witchie

Hoping Seph has a great day at the new job.

Lying on the bed trying to motivate myself to go downstairs to the gym and pool. So tired. Worked until late last night so wouldn't have to get up too early this morning and just want to zzzzz

I think Seph will soon be one of the thank crunchie it's friday crew :D Feck it just do the pool Witchie

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Just home from the staff party (only had one drink aaaages ago and was fine to drive home) had a good time, there was a band playing and they were class, a small enough group of us turned up but we all had a laugh, mostly taking the piss out of the young manager.

On the other hand, himself and myself called it off tonight, and I’m not gonna lie, I’m not that upset about it. I guess I knew it was coming so it wasn’t a surprise. Onwards and upwards :)

Got called for soon as possible work, panic as I set about emptying my USA filled suitcase with regular stuff. Luckily they found someone else so I get to enjoy the morning sitting on my balcony, Nespresso in hand and mutt beside me panting after his morning walk.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Onwards and upwards :)

You knew that this was coming, from reading your posts here. He was lucky to have you as a GF and didn’t appreciate it. Move onwards and upwards as you said yourself.

Grem, how are the nocturnal souls and time zone advanced souls supposed to survive without you?

Smurf, phew, lucky escape..

Kitty, i'm sorry but much like Smurf feels i think you are going to do better for yourself ;)

smurfjed wrote: »
    You knew that this was coming, from reading your posts here. He was lucky to have you as a GF and didn’t appreciate it. Move onwards and upwards as you said yourself.

It had to, it was the only way I think. Look, I still have love for him, I probably always will, but trust is everything and if we don’t have that, what do we have? Plus he was kicking off that I wanted to go to the party instead of going out with him, even though I offered to meet him earlier in the day and he said no :rolleyes:

smurfjed wrote: »
    Grem, how are the nocturnal souls and time zone advanced souls supposed to survive without you?

Ooh am i'll check in frequently, no madness on my break so i'll be here for tea and hugs

Another lovely morning here, can't believe I'm in Finland, it's like a sun holiday!

Seph, all the best today :)
    Kitty, .......definitely for the best, you will meet someone one day who will be so mad about you that you wont ever doubt them, enjoy being single

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Best of luck today Sephers.

Enjoying my own last few moments of freedom before the 'get ready for work drudgery'

Nearly out of here, looking a little bit like rain for when I go.. Humph.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,239 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Morning all :)

Can't get myself to say Happy Monday :D

Best of luck Seph :)

Kitty we're all here for you (hugs) xx

• Registered Users Posts: 888 ✭✭✭fmpisces

Morning all, happy fcekin Monday :D
    Hope it's a good one!

Ah sorry to hear that Kitty, sounds like it has been over for you in your head for a while. Be kind to yourself :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

Monday ya wrinkly arsed bastard ya.

Monday ya wrinkly arsed bastard ya.

In the pool too long?.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

...The first time ever I saw your face, I thought the sun rose in your eyes, the moon and stars were the gifts you gave to the dark and endless skies..

Morning all,

It's a sunny spells one 13C

Kitchen with coffee...could have rolled over this morning..

Seven Worlds will Collide

Deskside with coffee..roll on Friday.

Work, but it's quiet as a client didn't turn up. Taking stock of life and people and what's really important and good and life enhancing and the true meaning of success in non monetary terms, and that what really matters is that you can look back and be proud in terms of how you measure up to family and in friendship and love. It must be the coffee :)

The simple pleasure of being back in your own house :)

This is something I've really been enjoying this Autumn. Home is my spiritual HQ and I'm really into looking after my home. I'm 'off' going out in the evening at this time of year. I'm going to get a group of friends together for a dinner party as soon as possible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 442 ✭✭Ifevera wiztherewas

In work with Johnny Logan's hold me now on a loop in my head. This won't end well.

Work, but it's quiet as a client didn't turn up. Taking stock of life and people and what's really important and good and life enhancing and the true meaning of success in non monetary terms, and that what really matters is that you can look back and be proud in terms of how you measure up to family and in friendship and love. It must be the coffee :)

I have a naval gazing competitor :D

I am having a sit watching the new season of Dark. Oh the excitement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I am at work too. But, like , I should not be here.
    There has been some terrible mistake. I am supposed to be living a life of leisure and decadence but seem to have to work for a living. Could someone fix this please?

• Advertisement

bubblypop wrote: »
    Kitty, .......definitely for the best, you will meet someone one day who will be so mad about you that you wont ever doubt them, enjoy being single

Always thought this was that, but obviously not. We live and we learn I guess :)

Thanks everyone else for your support, you’re all so sweet x

Currently couchside as the builders are upstairs again and it’s too noisy. Anxiety is on a high and I’m not quite sure what I need to do to get rid of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement