Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Britain ever just piss off and get on with Brexit? -mod warning in OP (21/12)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

You have MPs in Johnson’s cabinet on the bbc this morning talking about food shortages that’s are inevitable

I do hope all these Brexit cheerleaders on here are still here when the rioting starts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭Sonny noggs

biko wrote: »

Sickening.

Brexit will be the biggest nothing burger since the Y2K bug - but I bet many in this thread are too young to know what the Y2Kbug was.

You have MPs in Johnson’s cabinet on the bbc this morning talking about food shortages that’s are inevitable

I do hope all these Brexit cheerleaders on here are still here when the rioting starts.

Quoting for posterity. Does your crystal ball also give you an exact date for ‘when the rioting starts’?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,500 ✭✭✭✭Danzy

woohoo!!! wrote: »
    Yes, UK is leaving the EU, then what? Ignore getting a deal with 27 of the 35 developed nations on the planet, that's on the doorstep, literally. What do you think the terms of that deal might be? Or is Ireland getting thrown under the Lego bus as promised?

Japan is the 3rd largest economy in the world, about 5 trillion dollar GDP.

They are Britain's 14th largest export market, we are Britain's fifth, importing 4 times as much.

Proximity Trump's trade deals. Trade terms currently with Japan aren't going to be really improved.

We about match the .uk exports to China and are half the size of its exports with the U.S..

People talking about Canada, New Zealand, Australia as becoming major trade partners for Britain live in a fantasy.

If the trade between them exceeds all expectations and trade between Ireland and Britain is damaged, we'll still be a more important market.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

biko wrote:
    Maybe we can have the monolith disbanded in 10 years.

And leave the way open for the other monoliths like the US and China to wipe up what's left.

Or maybe that's what you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 67,499 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

Brexit will be the biggest nothing burger since the Y2K bug - but I bet many in this thread are too young to know what the Y2Kbug was.

Okie doke Mr Jenkins. ;)

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-45083650

First Up wrote: »
    And leave the way open for the other monoliths like the US and China to wipe up what's left.
    What's left of what?
    Can you elaborate on what you mean?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

biko wrote:
    What's left of what? Can you elaborate on what you mean?

Size matters.

• Advertisement

Another damn squid.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

Brits that are happy here should stay,
    Brits that go on about how bad dis place is, how bad Leo and the government is and how great england is should consider their options

What utter nonsense.
    Anyone who lives in Ireland has the right to comment.
    Just like anyone who lives in the UK - including the Irish - have a right to comment.

IMHO, you really do seem to be a Little Irelander which in my book the only thing that distinguishes you from a Bretixteer Little Englander is an accident of Geography.

I actually worked myself on fixing the bug for a Telecoms company, that's how old I am.

The article is right in that doing nothing was not an option, but the scale of the problem will never be truly known.

So preppers, get prepping.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Calina

Danzy wrote: »
    is_that_so wrote: »
    But not because of Brexit as claimed above. Trump is far likely to do for everyone than any knock-on from Brexit.

It won't take much for the Eurozone to go into deep recession.

Growth wise it has been a disaster, a half baked project that No one wants to fix, especially not the Northern economies.

Trump is blamed for everything these days.

His rejection of the EU/Us trade deal, the Tpp trade deal and the renegotiation with China are long overdue rollbacks of the worst excesses of the neoliberal free market.

If leaders over the last 30 years hadn't been so quick to throw their people under the bus, Brexit or Trump would be unheard of.

I look at protectionist Ireland and I look at open trading Ireland and I think you are delusional. You seem to have no concept of what this country was like before we opened up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭declanflynn

Bannasidhe wrote: »
    Brits that are happy here should stay,
    Brits that go on about how bad dis place is, how bad Leo and the government is and how great england is should consider their options

What utter nonsense.
    Anyone who lives in Ireland has the right to comment.
    Just like anyone who lives in the UK - including the Irish - have a right to comment.

IMHO, you really do seem to be a Little Irelander which in my book the only thing that distinguishes you from a Bretixteer Little Englander is an accident of Geography.
    I didn't say they don't have the right to comment brendan

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

Another damn squid.

Sorry what?

Quoting for posterity. Does your crystal ball also give you an exact date for ‘when the rioting starts’?

There’s a great many posts here that should be kept for posterity.

Are you doubting the food shortages or the rioting?

One generally tends to follow the other.
    Britain can’t feed itself it’s only around 40% food secure. Those other 60% of foodstuffs stop if it’s no deal in October.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

Its so funny to see Europhiles squirm, keep it up lads! The UK is leaving the EU, you lost, deal with it.

If there is an upside to this whole debacle, it is seeing the absolute turmoil of anglophiles in this country. They know brexit is a complete disaster yet cant bring themselves to speak ill of their betters for fear of resembling an Irish nationalist

I actually worked myself on fixing the bug for a Telecoms company, that's how old I am.

The article is right in that doing nothing was not an option, but the scale of the problem will never be truly known.

So preppers, get prepping.

You 'knew' but decided to go for the handwaving away soundbite.

Ok. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 19,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bannasidhe

I didn't say they don't have the right to comment brendan

You have posted countless comments that are little more than Anti-British tirades.
    You have even resorted to calling Irish posters who disagree with you 'West Brits' and 'Tans'.
    If you cannot see how this attitude is exactly the same as that fueling the more nationalist aspects of Brexit then perhaps you need to pause and think about what you are spouting.

It doesn't matter if the flag you are waving is a tricolour, a Union, or a Red Hand - it's that kind of jingoistic fleg waving that is the very reason there are issues around the border between the EU and the UK that happens to be situated on the island of Ireland being exploited by people with the same Us Vs Them attitude as you.

• Advertisement

You 'knew' but decided to go for the handwaving away soundbite.

Ok. :rolleyes:
    I hope your next posts makes more sense Francis

Sorry what?

Brexit will likely be another damn squid like the millennium bug turned out to be.

There’s a great many posts here that should be kept for posterity.

Are you doubting the food shortages or the rioting?

One generally tends to follow the other.
    Britain can’t feed itself it’s only around 40% food secure. Those other 60% of foodstuffs stop if it’s no deal in October.

Your claim that there will be riots. Not they there may be riots but that there will be riots.

Your claim that there will be riots. Not they there may be riots but that there will be riots.

Well here you have a member of cabinet saying they won’t accept the rule of law. Do you really think this isn’t going into dictatorship and there’ll be no reaction to it on the streets?

https://twitter.com/OFOCBrexit/status/1168099431373246467?s=20

Well here you have a member of cabinet saying they won’t accept the rule of law. Do you really think this isn’t going into dictatorship and there’ll be no reaction to it on the streets?

https://twitter.com/OFOCBrexit/status/1168099431373246467?s=20

Dictatorship...ffs.

I hope your next posts makes more sense Francis

You know that Y2K required work across the world to avoid consequences but you decided to reference it in an attempt to handwave away consequences of a no deal Brexit.

It is that which makes 'no sense'.

Dictatorship...ffs.

They’re planning to ignore the will of parliament. What else is it.

you haven’t read the governments own report operation yellow hammer?

You might want to look it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭illumin

Brexit will likely be another damn squid like the millennium bug turned out to be.

I think you mean a damp squib
    https://idioms.thefreedictionary.com/a+damp+squib

They’re planning to ignore the will of parliament. What else is it.

you haven’t read the governments own report operation yellow hammer?

You might want to look it up.

Yeah, let’s ignore the will of the people instead.

• Advertisement

Brexit food shortages are not inevitable – keep calm and don’t panic buy
    https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/read-this/brexit-food-shortages-are-not-inevitable-keep-calm-and-dont-panic-buy/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement