Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Moderation of boards as a whole.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,462 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I do know, and i suspect you do too.

It's turning into a race to martyrdom really isn't it?

Tis a lovely day for a spot of self immolation on the altar of the semantics of racism ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Blueshoe

Link what?

I was asking you to link the post that got him banned. But Iv gone back a few pages and now iv seen so all good

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Blueshoe wrote: »
    I was asking you to link the post that got him banned. But Iv gone back a few pages and now iv seen so all good

Cool

Cool

Publicly questioning mod decisions

• Registered Users Posts: 25,400 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Publicly questioning mod decisions

Among other things.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,423 ✭✭✭batgoat

There does seem to be a weird spike of recently registered accounts as soon as some CA posters disappear...With incredibly similar posts.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

batgoat wrote: »
    There does seem to be a weird spike of recently registered accounts as soon as some CA posters disappear...With incredibly similar posts.

Agreed. A few running rampant in the threads about Brexit, Irish reunification, and the glorious 12th thread. Either derailing the conversation and repeating irrelevant points that they have done to death already. Or insulting people. Then denying they ever said that and around and around we go.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,707 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Can you report any posts from new accounts that you think are rereg accounts so Mods/Admins are able to investigate in that case, please?

CA is too busy for mods to keep an eye on every new post and pick up on new accounts posting similarly to former users.

Can you report any posts from new accounts that you think are rereg accounts so Mods/Admins are able to investigate in that case, please?

CA is too busy for mods to keep an eye on every new post and pick up on new accounts posting similarly to former users.

Wondered about that. Been loads in CA with some very ... pungent opinions. Will report em if they if they are clearly agitators. They mostly are.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Sweetemotion

I'd bet my house that those new accounts have already been reported. It's just an attempt to spread a conspiracy theory that boards has been infiltrated by right wing bots.

These posters have ruined boards.

• Advertisement

I don't think it's an infiltration by right wing bots, more a suspicion that there is a tendency of certain people reregging a lot.

I don't think it's an infiltration by right wing bots, more a conspiracy that there is a tendency of certain people reregging a lot.

And I'm sure you have already reported them.

And I'm sure you have already reported them.

Yes, why wouldn't I? Nothing to do with propelling a conspiracy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,391 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I got carded in the soccer forum last week on the arsenal thread for calling a player arsenal were playing against a name. He fouled and injured arsenal players all game and didn’t attempt to play football at all, in the last two minutes he cynically kneed one of the arsenal players in the back. It was a form of martial arts he was at.

I called him a “donkey”.

Carded and reprimanded by a mod.

I mean, why do I bother?

There’s no point in arguing context with a mod. Yet I’ve seen FAR FAR FAR worse multiple times since.

Absolute waste of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

I got carded in the soccer forum last week on the arsenal thread for calling a player arsenal were playing against a name. He fouled and injured arsenal players all game and didn’t attempt to play football at all, in the last two minutes he cynically kneed one of the arsenal players in the back. It was a form of martial arts he was at.

I called him a “donkey”.

Carded and reprimanded by a mod.

I mean, why do I bother?

There’s no point in arguing context with a mod. Yet I’ve seen FAR FAR FAR worse multiple times since.

Absolute waste of time.
    I got a ticket for parking in the wrong spot once...

What's your point?

The mods are wrong for applying the rules?

Steve wrote: »
    I got a ticket for parking in the wrong spot once...

What's your point?

The mods are wrong for applying the rules?

Do the rules not apply in context? Or is “donkey” one of the unapproved words Of boards?

Yes, why wouldn't I? Nothing to do with propelling a conspiracy.

That's exactly what you are doing and you know it.

Why wouldn't you? I have to ask, why would you?

I've been years here and it has never crossed my mind to hit the report button. This is a discussion forum not an echo chamber.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Do the rules not apply in context? Or is “donkey” one of the unapproved words Of boards?

Not getting into specifics, but it's a forum rule there that you do not call users or players 'names'..

This isn't a 'general site moderation' issue so let's leave it there.

A few of the topics I mentioned earlier are riddled with topic specific accounts
    They’ll pop up in any thread about that topic to rant about it and disappear again. Only to return later. It’s kind of obvious trolling.

Not getting into specifics, but it's a forum rule there that you do not call users or players 'names'..

This isn't a 'general site moderation' issue so let's leave it there.

That’s grand. Why aren’t lads who regularly call players horrible things reprimanded. Or are mods just watching out for easy prey like someone using the “d” word.

The rule is bollocks anyway. It’s soccer, it’s heat of the moment, who got offended, the thousands of Burnley fans who happen to read the arsenal thread at that exact moment?

Context. Brains. Mods don’t use these.

• Advertisement

A few of the topics I mentioned earlier are riddled with topic specific accounts
    They’ll pop up in any thread about that topic to rant about it and disappear again. Only to return later. It’s kind of obvious trolling.

I'm sure there is quite a few rants in your 3,400 posts since May.

That’s grand. Why aren’t lads who regularly call players horrible things reprimanded. Or are mods just watching out for easy prey like someone using the “d” word.

The rule is bollocks anyway. It’s soccer, it’s heat of the moment, who got offended, the thousands of Burnley fans who happen to read the arsenal thread at that exact moment?

I got banned for saying ‘you’re taking the piss’ in a thread in politics. I share your bewilderment.

I got banned for saying ‘you’re taking the piss’ in a thread in politics. I share your bewilderment.

Who hasn't?

I once got banned for saying the word “Chelski”.

Highly offensive.

Tell you what, pm me links to the last 10 posts you reported for this that you believe were slid under the table and I'll question the forum mods on it.

:)

I'm sure there is quite a few rants in your 3,400 posts since May.

Boredom after your business collapsing and subsequent unemployment does horrible thing to a man. Ranting isn’t the worst. Loneliness and desparstion is.

I once got banned for saying the word “Chelski”.

Highly offensive.

Which one of your 14 bans was that? maybe it was the site ban? Or the 18 warnings you got.

Sorry, not wasting any more time on you.

Which one of your 14 bans was that? maybe it was the site ban? Or the 18 warnings you got.

Sorry, not wasting any more time on you.

I have been here almost 20 years Mr. 2006.

“Not wasting time on me”... off now for a cry.

Boards is dying a death. But shur lets continue on doing what we’re doing.

Good lad.

Boredom after your business collapsing and subsequent unemployment does horrible thing to a man. Ranting isn’t the worst. Loneliness and desparstion is.

What type of business was it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,898 ✭✭✭circadian

What type of business was it?

None of yours, is what I'm guessing the answer will be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement