Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Chat 2019/20

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,146 ✭✭✭✭km79

FHFC wrote: »
    Was asking about him in wildcard thread. What's been impressive about him and/or Leicester defence?

Just caught my eye from highlights and has a bit of goal threat
    Literally never heard of him before that

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

km79 wrote: »
    Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    That’s the problem
    Still at 4.5 I’ll be monitoring for when they have a good run
    I mean I have Cathcart is anyone is an improvement
    They have a good run from GW7 - 17 so he could be an option then. Bournemouth this weekend should be a decent yardstick to measure their defence by, if they handle Bournemouth they should handle the lower half teams.

I might take a chance on him anyway as there isn't much else in the 4.5 category for defences I don't already have covered catching my eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

He was in Shrek - Lord Farquaad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

KevIRL wrote: »
    Total big chances conceded first 3 GWs:
    WHU: 13
    BOU: 11
    AVL: 8
    WAT: 8
    LIV: 7
    NOR: 7
    ARS: 6
    CHE: 6
    CRY: 6
    EVE: 6
    NEW: 6
    SOU: 6
    TOT: 6
    BHA: 5
    MCI: 5
    BUR: 3
    LEI: 3
    MUN: 3
    SHU: 3
    WOL: 3

Interesting table

Watford 8, Conceded 7

Ben Foster for the chopping block in there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Do people reckon Zinchenko will keep his place or will Mendy get his spot back when fit?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Signed him for £19m and he's got 24 caps for Turkey, great hair too

• Registered Users Posts: 9,378 ✭✭✭Shedite27

FWIW, I have an awful 4.5 def (Diop). 3 on the watchlist are:
    Caglar: for the reasons KM79 outlines above
    Montoya: Advanced RWB, can he start adding goals/assists?
    Giulbert: Finally started Friday, looked good, and scored last night

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Shedite27 wrote: »

That it, I'm sold....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

That it, I'm sold....

*adds to wildcard*

• Registered Users Posts: 32,994 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is the ability to sort leagues by monthly score gone?

Or is that just on the mobile version, or does it only appear in the 2nd month?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭McBain11

CSF wrote: »
    Is the ability to sort leagues by monthly score gone?

Or is that just on the mobile version, or does it only appear in the 2nd month?

Ah Christ, I've only just noticed this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭nullObjects

I was trying to think if it's only added after the first month or something
    It's usually there from the start though isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭McBain11

I was trying to think if it's only added after the first month or something
    It's usually there from the start though isn't it?

I always thought it was there from the start. Hope I've just forgotten, as this could be a right pain in the hoop sorting monthly scores.

Filter is still there in FFM Pro app.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

An average of 5.5 cs per week. The last two weeks are way below that.

It'll be interesting to see if we get back to last years levels once we've had much more GWs. Teams seem to be playing more and more "expansively" this year, to my eye anyway. I think we'll see less CSs this year as teams try to play out from the back more and more coupled with teams getting better at trapping /pressing in general.

Checked on desktop site and mobile and can't seem to do it though. Surely it has to be there once the month ends!?!

PARlance wrote: »
    It'll be interesting to see if we get back to last years levels once we've had much more GWs. Teams seem to be playing more and more "expansively" this year, to my eye anyway. I think we'll see less CSs this year as teams try to play out from the back more and more coupled with teams getting better at trapping /pressing in general.

Think I'm still going to gamble on clean sheets regressing to the mean......yes Prodston, the level of regressing to the mean posts on Boards is regressing to the mean!

Zinchenko seems to be looking fairly nailed for another month.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BenDinnery/status/1166271860381749248

And has fantastic attacking stats, as do Trent.

https://mobile.twitter.com/BigManBakar/status/1166051117261885441

One of those two is going to go mental soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Do people reckon Zinchenko will keep his place or will Mendy get his spot back when fit?

I see Mendy is back in training with first team so maybe he could be back sooner than later,what do people think?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

I see Mendy is back in training with first team so maybe he could be back sooner than later,what do people think?

I think it's Man City and don't waste your time trying to figure it out.

Pep will probably Loan Delph back for next week and start him.

Checked on desktop site and mobile and can't seem to do it though. Surely it has to be there once the month ends!?!
    What do the people who run leagues with hundreds of people in them do otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭KathleenGrant

Shedite27 wrote: »

I like the look of him but I hate fellas who have better hair than I do.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Missing Links

CSF wrote: »
    What do the people who run leagues with hundreds of people in them do otherwise?

Would be an absolute nightmare!If the monthly scoring feature isn't reinstated, my initial thinking would be to award the prize for the best score (less minus transfer points) in the final GW each month from September onwards.This would be communicated in advance to all entrants in the Bohs league.One way or another it would be best if the bigger leagues (eg Bohs,Harps & JD) adopted a common approach.

Would be an absolute nightmare!If the monthly scoring feature isn't reinstated, my initial thinking would be to award the prize for the best score (less minus transfer points) in the final GW each month from September onwards.This would be communicated in advance to all entrants in the Bohs league.One way or another it would be best if the bigger leagues (eg Bohs,Harps & JD) adopted a common approach.

There's no chance it's gonna be gone IMO. The monthly phases are still listed in the rules for a start.

489378.jpg

There is no chance they want it gone anyway. They seem to be struggling with the functionality though. If you go into a H2H league, you can't find previous results or fixtures for other teams in the league anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭wonski

There are monthly prizes in the official fpl game so it will be live no matter what.

Dont worry ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,647 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Probably should have done this about 6 weeks ago but only got around to it now....might be useful for those of us contemplating wildcard or just simply wondering wtf Craig Cathcart is doing in our squad.

As with last years file - typos, abbreviations, nicknames (Bilva, Dilva, VVD, Hilson etc) don't really matter but the team name does....they're all pretty standard I think apart from SUN for Sheff. Utd.

Also, I haven't tested this at all apart from a quick eyeball, so have a play around and let me know if anything doesn't look right.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Probably should have done this about 6 weeks ago but only got around to it now....might be useful for those of us contemplating wildcard or just simply wondering wtf Craig Cathcart is doing in our squad.

As with last years file - typos, abbreviations, nicknames (Bilva, Dilva, VVD, Hilson etc) don't really matter but the team name does....they're all pretty standard I think apart from SUN for Sheff. Utd.

Also, I haven't tested this at all apart from a quick eyeball, so have a play around and let me know if anything doesn't look right.

Thanks for this, really useful.

I think the CHE one needs fixing. I got it working myself but not sure if it was the proper way to fix it so I won't attach it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Taxuser1

with martial ruled out this weekend, will greenwood get his chance from the start?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,510 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Taxuser1 wrote: »
    with martial ruled out this weekend, will greenwood get his chance from the start?

Rashford will be up top. Is Greenwood an out on the wing type? I'd be surprised if he starts still.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

dsmythy wrote: »
    Rashford will be up top. Is Greenwood an out on the wing type? I'd be surprised if he starts still.

I could see both up top with Mata or Lingard in behind.

Advertisement