Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Bec123

Whatever happened to the Earthship stage in Body & Soul? I can't find it all on the app - is it gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,826 ✭✭✭Rfrip

I am done with work now...I was a liability anyway.
    Not a lot highlighted on my clashfinder...but I don’t think I’ve been this excited about ep in a long time!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 larkie

reni10 wrote: »
    Anyone stayed in the General Campervan area before?

It's my first time at EP and have the campervan ticket so anyone got any views or tips on this area?

Looks to be a long way from the main arena but does that mean it is quieter?

Any advice most welcome :)

Longer walk to the festival but its a much quieter area than general camping - makes you appreciate your surroundings when you walk through Joplin

On arrival you'll be searched or asked about bottles\glass\knives - the answer is simple you have none

You're directed in to the next available parking spot by security

Make friends with your neighbors

My experience is you'll be in the campervan overflow field from 2pm Friday onward

Have a big breakfast in the am and once you leave for the festival area dont go back to the camper for more food etc, basically plan to stay in the festival area for the day

Finally - dont leave the tap running\trickling (after a late night trip to the loo) all Friday night like me, using up all you fresh water for the weekend , managed to salvage the situation with the freshwater tap near the wristband exchange tent:P

• Registered Users Posts: 43 Californeeway

fafy wrote: »
    EP app now almost fully populated, but noticed a few bits missing like Manifesto Stage in Mindfield.

Is the Electric Ireland / Throwback Stage to be added?

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭roll

Things have conspired that I am now driving to EP on my own.... I did a carpool thing to B&S a few years but I can't seem to find anything for EP. Anyone know if anything exists which has a section for EP this year?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Any campervanners have any idea how many showers you'd get out of the water tank?

n1st wrote: »
    Its a campervan, I'm more interested in the drive in and out

Drive in is on a hard gravel track from the main road all the way into the campervan field
    its only the last leg of the journey from the gravel track to your parking spot is on grass which is normally fine and not cut up, there isnt much traffic on soft ground

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

It is a million times better to pitch a tent in dry weather and just batten up for the rain than trying to pitch it on wet ground. You can lay all your stuff down, crawl around and take your time putting it up properly. Even if the rain is over you'll have a damp, mucky patch and you'll drag muck all over the inside.

Swiss Toni:
    Putting up a tent is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. Unzip the door, put up your pole, and slip into the old bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭fish_fingers

I've been lurking here over the last few weeks, thanks a million to all for the great info here. I'm heading to my second full Picnic (went previously in 2017 and on the Sunday in 2013) and can't wait! Heading down on Friday morning with my boyfriend and some friends and looking forward to getting settled into Pink Moon by mid-afternoon, all going well.

At the other end of the scale, my 20 year old sister is going with some friends and planning to camp in Oscar Wilde. No doubt I'll hear all kinds of stories when I meet her over the weekend! :eek: I'll probably get a text when she runs out of cash and fancies a mojito or something! :D

I'm looking forward to seeing loads of acts/djs including Hozier, Johnny Marr, Metronomy, Billie Eilish, Brittany Howard, Cassia, Kelly-Anne Byrne and Daniel Sloss and Aoife Dooley in the Comedy, clashes allowing, and will be checking out plenty of the new Irish acts too. My favourite thing about festivals though is wandering around and stumbling upon new music and stuff I don't know, so bring it on!

You're too good to her! Set her expectations at a warm can of beer!

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Any campervanners have any idea how many showers you'd get out of the water tank?

its a 100 Litre freshwater tank, so it depends on how conservative you are when using the water I suppose, would advise only using water when rinsing (baby wipes ???)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Bec123 wrote: »
    Whatever happened to the Earthship stage in Body & Soul? I can't find it all on the app - is it gone?

Yes I've heard it's gone this year. No sign of the Peace Pagoda or Bandstand in Body & Soul either so I wonder are they gone too?

• Registered Users Posts: 19 melwurdo

roll wrote: »
    Things have conspired that I am now driving to EP on my own.... I did a carpool thing to B&S a few years but I can't seem to find anything for EP. Anyone know if anything exists which has a section for EP this year?

https://gocarshare.com/festival/electric-picnic

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

You're too good to her! Set her expectations at a warm can of beer!

Haha, you're right fish_fingers - that's more like it! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

These last two hours in work are going to feel like 6 months.
    Have the OOO set up and everything.
    Safety/pizza day next Tuesday.
    Going to binge the f*ck out of Bojack Horseman.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,821 ✭✭✭Alkers

Divorce in a bag could quickly become divorce in a bin. I have the caravan 3 years and was informed at purchase that all the bits are there. Have never bothered with it yet. Could be a disastrous start to Friday.

I just popped in to Halfords for some tent pegs for this awning thing.. "all gone, this is the last year that we will do camping gear"
    They're normally not too bad, you have a track along the caravan from front to back which you slide the awning into, do this first then at least you can be under it and leave stuff under it while it's raining. Then the poles attach to the caravan - this can vary by awning / caravan (ours was suction cups and onto the rail mentioned above) and then the legs attach to the poles. This is probably the most difficult part - figuring out which pole goes where.
    Lastly peg it all out. It can be difficult to reach the roof so if you have a second set of caravan steps (or a few slabs of beer).
    If you get stuck we'll be down Thursday night.
    We've since moved to a folding camper which has a very tricky awning to up ut so with just two of us so might not attempt putting ours up until troops arrive Friday!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,212 ✭✭✭fafy

Is the Electric Ireland / Throwback Stage to be added?

Area has been added to APP, but events not listed

• Registered Users Posts: 2,205 ✭✭✭sprucemoose

Swiss Toni:
    Putting up a tent is very much like making love to a beautiful woman. Unzip the door, put up your pole, and slip into the old bag.

You see Paul, going to Electric Picnic is very much like making love to a beautiful woman - it takes months of preparation and planning, theres a good chance of getting quite wet and afterwards you always find that previous times were much better than this one..........oh, and it usually costs about €250

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭BurtMacklin

I couldn't find a ticket for someone in work last week and now I can't sell my own. My friend who I was selling mine to just won a pair and doesn't need mine anymore. I've never seen such a flurry of tickets being available. Must be the fear of the wash out with the weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,149 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I couldn't find a ticket for someone in work last week and now I can't sell my own. My friend who I was selling mine to just won a pair and doesn't need mine anymore. I've never seen such a flurry of tickets being available. Must be the fear of the wash out with the weather?

That and people before now trying to fleece folks with €350 prices and now trying to offload them for face value

everlast75 wrote: »
    That and people before now trying to fleece folks with €350 prices and now trying to offload them for face value

There's only one um and that's fcukum

• Advertisement

larkie wrote: »
    its a 100 Litre freshwater tank, so it depends on how conservative you are when using the water I suppose, would advise only using water when rinsing (baby wipes ???)

Ugh that's not great. Next stupid question: can you refill the water tank? If we brought a few 5 litre bottles of water and just poured them into it? Even typing that out it sounds stupid. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Given the forecasts, can you not just strip off and shower outside Shawshank style?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭Thundercats Ho

Every post since the Swiss Toni one, have been read in his voice, inside my head.

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Productivity for me is screeching to a halt. My mind is sitting in Pink Moon drinking cans.

Given the forecasts, can you not just strip off and shower outside Shawshank style?

I wouldn't inflict that on anyone of a Friday morning. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭rubick

I suppose the next Big Question is which will have the larger presence this year - spiders or wasps?

Wasps have been low key this past few years, with spiders on the ascendancy; if ATN is any barometer wasps could be due a big return.

Back to you in the studio, Caitríona.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Pablo_Flox

Any good alcohol deals going around?

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ugh that's not great. Next stupid question: can you refill the water tank? If we brought a few 5 litre bottles of water and just poured them into it? Even typing that out it sounds stupid. :o

Yes there's one freshwater tap used by everybody, you can refill provided you drive your van up to the wristband exchange area between Joplin and the campervan site and connect up your hose to this tap, bring a few different hose tap connectors as from memory the one on site was a bit odd

In short refiling the tank is a pain in the hole

larkie wrote: »
    Yes there's one freshwater tap used by everybody, you can refill provided you drive your van up to the wristband exchange area between Joplin and the campervan site and connect up your hose to this tap, bring a few different hose tap connectors as from memory the one on site was a bit odd

In short refiling the tank is a pain in the hole

Might just brave the queues in Hendrix so. Cheers for the tips man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Nugget89

I'll actually be making use of the showers this year for the first time. How early do I need to be there for the queues not to be mental?

Advertisement