Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric Picnic 2019 **Discussion Only // No Ticket Sales / Requests **

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

EP noob here with questions on the campsites.

Is there campsites more quiet and more party atmosphere more than others? If so, is there a tier list from bottom to top of which is which? Is there something special about each campsite or how does it work? Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭whelzer

tvercetti wrote: »
    I was going to create a WhatsApp group if there's interest.

Handy for communicating while we're up there, sorting meetups etc.

PM me phone numbers if interested!

Did you get any interest for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Nugget89 wrote: »
    I'll actually be making use of the showers this year for the first time. How early do I need to be there for the queues not to be mental?

Male? Don't worry about queues

Female? Start making your way there now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

will refreshing met eireann every five minutes make the weather better?
    because thats what Im doing! I need psychiatric help!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Nugget89

maximoose wrote: »
    Male? Don't worry about queues

Female? Start making your way there now

Good news for me. Bad news for the Mrs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

Fully given up on work and still another day to go, listening to The Streets at Glastonbury thinking about getting sideways this time on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭rubick

EP noob here with questions on the campsites.

Is there campsites more quiet and more party atmosphere more than others? If so, is there a tier list from bottom to top of which is which? Is there something special about each campsite or how does it work? Cheers!

In my experience, here's a run-down of campsites in order of F*cking Mental - Chilled:

Hendrix - close to the arena, food vendors, full of hallions. You will not sleep.
    Warhol - see above, but slightly further from the arena
    Wilde - has been moved but expect more hallionism from regulars.
    Chaplin - busier now than in early years, further from the arena.
    Eco - registration only, if you haven't got a pass you won't get in this year. Chilled out but close to the woods so rave music until 4am.
    Joplin - used to be called 'The Quiet campsite' but not sure any more.

Not sure about Pink Moon etc. as I've never stayed there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,733 ✭✭✭endainoz

rubick wrote: »
    I suppose the next Big Question is which will have the larger presence this year - spiders or wasps?

Wasps have been low key this past few years, with spiders on the ascendancy; if ATN is any barometer wasps could be due a big return.

Back to you in the studio, Caitríona.

I doubt either will be an issue, it's going to be colder. So they will have probably died out mostly by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭Kepler21

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Productivity for me is screeching to a halt. My mind is sitting in Pink Moon drinking cans.

Me too. My mind is either smuggling in cans on Thursday evening, or sitting inside my tent on my camp chair on Friday afternoon listening to the torrential rain, drinking cans.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,307 ✭✭✭✭alastair

In my experience, here's a run-down of campsites in order of F*cking Mental - Chilled:

Hendrix - close to the arena, food vendors, full of hallions. You will not sleep.
    Eco - registration only, if you haven't got a pass you won't get in this year. Chilled out but close to the woods so rave music until 4am.

And new ‘orange’ campsite - possibly the new Joplin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭rubick

alastair wrote: »
    And new ‘orange’ campsite - possibly the new Joplin.

Ah yes - did I read somewhere it was going to be called 'Keith Flint'?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 ibeunreal

I have a bit of a dilemma, flying into dublin on friday, wont get to EP till like 3/4 pm by the earliest. Considering its raining heavily on friday, would it even be possible to set up my tent without it being soaking inside and all my clothes will be wet? Im kinda considering only arriving on saturday once all the heavy rain is gone. Any thoughts? im only setting up a 1 man tent so I might be able to quickly set it up without hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Ugh that's not great. Next stupid question: can you refill the water tank? If we brought a few 5 litre bottles of water and just poured them into it? Even typing that out it sounds stupid. :o

Just rinse on. Turn water off and lather up and scrub whole body. Water back on to rinse off... you need to be a bit more conservative than you would be at home, but you should EASILY get a good 6 - 10 showers from 100 litre tank. We got 4 showers from a 40 litre tank at ATN this year and we did the washing up as well ..

Myself and my better half had 100Litre in the previous campervan and we always had showers every day without running out. It was only when we brought the feckin kid that we suddenly noticed that we were running out of water. Its pretty tricky getting water in them without a funnel or a full hose. If you do run out ask a caravanner if they have a funnel you can borrow.

You won't run out if you are conservative with your usage.

Back of Joplin is still very sparse and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 AlexK94

Does anyone know if you can get in on a Thursday with a preformer ticket?

Whether with an early entry pass or without :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Just rinse on. Turn water off and lather up and scrub whole body. Water back on to rinse off... you need to be a bit more conservative than you would be at home, but you should EASILY get a good 6 - 10 showers from 100 litre tank. We got 4 showers from a 40 litre tank at ATN this year and we did the washing up as well ..

Myself and my better half had 100Litre in the previous campervan and we always had showers every day without running out. It was only when we brought the feckin kid that we suddenly noticed that we were running out of water. Its pretty tricky getting water in them without a funnel or a full hose. If you do run out ask a caravanner if they have a funnel you can borrow.

You won't run out if you are conservative with your usage.

Might just pop into Homebase tomorrow before I leave and pick up a funnel. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Lol.
    I know for a fact that I can have a shower in 3 minutes flat. If I can at least wash my hair I'll be grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The only sound you hear in Pink Moon at night is the sound from the main arena and vehicles going in and out, but the level of that depends on where in that field you are. Apart from that it's very very chilled and quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭keepwalking

Nugget89 wrote: »
    I'll actually be making use of the showers this year for the first time. How early do I need to be there for the queues not to be mental?

The queue for the women's showers does tend to be very long in the morning, so imo there's two options. Join the queue and have the craic with others waiting or go for a shower in the afternoon, during a gap between acts. I've done both, and tend to lean towards the second one generally.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Stillill42

I don't know, I suppose we're always this excited. Am I always this excited? I'm very excited.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,944 ✭✭✭✭Villain

ibeunreal wrote: »
    I have a bit of a dilemma, flying into dublin on friday, wont get to EP till like 3/4 pm by the earliest. Considering its raining heavily on friday, would it even be possible to set up my tent without it being soaking inside and all my clothes will be wet? Im kinda considering only arriving on saturday once all the heavy rain is gone. Any thoughts? im only setting up a 1 man tent so I might be able to quickly set it up without hassle.

That's an easy one, check the rainfall radar and satellite when you arrive and what is happening weather wise.

If the radar (https://carlowweather.com/wxradar.php or https://met.ie) and Satellite view (https://carlowweather.com/wxsat.php) shows rain over Stradbally and more moving in behind then you know its going to be messy trying to erect tent and stay dry.

However it is clear and nothing major moving in then head on, also check the forecasts early Friday morning for latest accurate forecasts, the closer the timing the more accurate the rainfall forecast.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Thanks a mill for this!

Can anyone share where the Pink Moon campsite might fall into here? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭kg703

I’m not heading this year out of stubbornness when I didn’t get my loyalty tickets, hope you all have a great time and get some sunshine through that rain! Definitely feeling a little sad reading and keeping up with the thread but by the time I’m on a flight to San Francisco Saturday, hopefully all with be forgotten :)

It’ll be an epic weekend. Can’t wait to hear the feedback with the new set up hopefully it’ll give some much needed space to the main arena which I found almost claustrophobic come the Sunday!

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭BigMo1

Thanks a mill for this!

Really nice atmosphere. Been there last 2 festivals and I don't think I could go back to gen sites. If you're looking something on the wilder side, I wouldn't advise it but IMO it's worth it for the showers and proximity to the main arena alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,947 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

Thanks a mill for this!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=111107110&postcount=7941

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Cxloe

BigMo1 wrote: »
    Really nice atmosphere. Been there last 2 festivals and I don't think I could go back to gen sites. If you're looking something on the wilder side, I wouldn't advise it but IMO it's worth it for the showers and proximity to the main arena alone.

Second this, neighbours are always v friendly and can still be good craic with enough people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,521 ✭✭✭Stillill42

Wouldn't you think Villain would have a word with somebody?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭LowOdour

How loud is it....first time in ECO this year, and not sure I could cope with no sleep!

There is also the Gaeltacht campsite....I could have the option of swapping, but I know less about that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

https://www.facebook.com/byecocamping/posts/2207133142731106
    BYEco Camping
    20 mins ·

Massive News Campers!!!

We are delighted to introduce Greta’s Campsite, a dedicated zero waste campsite, in collaboration with Environmental Recovery Solutions LTD

Located between Janis Joplin and Andy Warhol, this campsite will help encourage and educate you to be more environmentally conscious, not only at the festival but at home too.

We’ve named the campsite after Greta Thunberg, the 16yrs old environmental activist, in honour of her continuous dedication and relentlessness to the cause.

By camping in Greta’s Campsite, you’ll benefit from a NiftyBins system to sort waste at the source, dedicated campsite agents who’ll assist you all living there to maintain the clean camp ethos with free workshops to inspire a zero-waste lifestyle. ♻️

#ep19 #globalvillage #byeco19 #climatechange #zerowaste ❤️

It’s free to join but you must agree to the zero waste ethos, leave your environment clean by using the campsite Niftybin system and take your tent and equipment home, leaving no trace.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Might just pop into Homebase tomorrow before I leave and pick up a funnel. Hope for the best, prepare for the worst. Lol.
    I know for a fact that I can have a shower in 3 minutes flat. If I can at least wash my hair I'll be grand.

I will give you a hand if your stuck. sent you a PM with me phone number.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭fourmations

Cxloe wrote: »
    Second this, neighbours are always v friendly and can still be good craic with enough people

thirded!
    its not a retirement home or anything
    just folk with a bit more respect for each other and who need a few hours sleep! still good craic and you can stay up till all hours if youre not roaring your head off, ive had great nights talking sh*te with randomers down at the twisted pepper into the early hours (i'm talking 6am sort of thing) ive found the only time anyone is talked to by security about noise is if there's been a complaint

Advertisement