Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Red Dead Redemption 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

What is the difference between online and story mode for red dead 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Captainsatnav

Minime2.5 wrote: »

*Unfollows thread!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Minime2.5

*Unfollows thread!

Huh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Minime2.5 wrote: »

Story mode is the classic style where you play on your own agains the computer which is most following story missions etc.

Online is playing with real players through the internet and has less of a story narrative.

The game comes with both when you buy it either way though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How is this holding up on Pc?

Sold my console along with this game and want to buy it again. Was incredible. But I’m hearing it’s a bit buggy and busted on PC?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Horse that I had spent a decent bit on got killed by a hacker... Opened a ticket with Rockstar, what are my chances of them helping me out? :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Ciano35 wrote: »
    Horse that I had spent a decent bit on got killed by a hacker... Opened a ticket with Rockstar, what are my chances of them helping me out? :mad:

You can't lose a horse you own online.

Open player menu and go down to stables, $4 to get horse back if you've not got insurance or free if you do.

On single player you can lose one but online is different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads has this been streamlined at all on pc?

Varik wrote: »
    You can't lose a horse you own online.

Open player menu and go down to stables, $4 to get horse back if you've not got insurance or free if you do.

On single player you can lose one but online is different.

Yeah found that out when I went to the stables to buy a new one :) Thanks!

Lads has this been streamlined at all on pc?

I’m finding it pretty good, I didn’t own it on console. Haven’t come across any major bugs and today was the only time I’ve come across a hacker. He teleported me and loads of other players into a house and basically blew the whole thing up.

Made some serious money too with the collector role following an online loot map. I do get random disconnects from the servers which is fairly annoying though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭Thinkingaboutit

Ciano35 wrote: »
    I’m finding it pretty good, I didn’t own it on console. Haven’t come across any major bugs and today was the only time I’ve come across a hacker. He teleported me and loads of other players into a house and basically blew the whole thing up.

Made some serious money too with the collector role following an online loot map. I do get random disconnects from the servers which is fairly annoying though

I have had some server mission which has meant having to replay that long annoying mission where I need to free Lem or whatever he's called.

Was playing online and jumped into single player again to do some stuff.

Bought the lemat revolver/shotgun combo which is new and comes from online into SP, but also bought the M1899 handgun which apparently unlocks after you finish chapter 3 and only bought from the St Denis gunsmith. Been there the whole time and didn't know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Varik wrote: »
    Was playing online and jumped into single player again to do some stuff.

Bought the lemat revolver/shotgun combo which is new and comes from online into SP, but also bought the M1899 handgun which apparently unlocks after you finish chapter 3 and only bought from the St Denis gunsmith. Been there the whole time and didn't know.

I completed the game on release and never bought a gun ever. Just used what ever one he was carrying. Never cleaned a gun either/or maintained one.

What's the chances of getting SP DLC? Probably slim going by GTA V but you never know. I have no figures or even played much online so this is pure guess but imo RDR 2 online is doing no where as good as GTA V online so they may look into releasing single player DLC to gain some money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭iLikeWaffles

I completed the game on release and never bought a gun ever. Just used what ever one he was carrying. Never cleaned a gun either/or maintained one.

What's the chances of getting SP DLC? Probably slim going by GTA V but you never know. I have no figures or even played much online so this is pure guess but imo RDR 2 online is doing no where as good as GTA V online so they may look into releasing single player DLC to gain some money.

Dunno possibly a bit late now for DLC but I'd love Undead Nightmare, touched online once or twice for a couple of hours doesn't play well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,680 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

R* were asked about this a while ago and said they are 100 percent focused on Online.

There's story missions in online for main quest & for the professions, just you're character is doing their best impressions of Claude. Some of the items have been added to SP. Bunch of missions too with other major characters, you can do a few for bonnie macfarlane and such.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What's the chances of getting SP DLC?
    Paint Your Wagon DLC would be have been super. Coatin' wood with oil based paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,681 ✭✭✭Glebee

Just started on PC and after very little messing around with the graphic settings have it running lovely. My PC is only middle of the road at this stage but seems to be ableto handle this. Have not had any issues so far but really only just into the first area. First impressions are that this going to be brilliant...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,901 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Been very tempted to try this again. Saw a video on YouTube recently with a guy playing a bad guy/serial killer and it looked like a different game (actually fun). No worrying about bumping into people, robbing everyone he came across and instead of helping people out in the wilds, he'd just kill them and take their money.

Between that and the online roles likes moonshiner, looks like it could be worth another go if i can get it cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Been very tempted to try this again. Saw a video on YouTube recently with a guy playing a bad guy/serial killer and it looked like a different game (actually fun). No worrying about bumping into people, robbing everyone he came across and instead of helping people out in the wilds, he'd just kill them and take their money.

Between that and the online roles likes moonshiner, looks like it could be worth another go if i can get it cheap.

Keep a lookout on the PS Store. Ultimate Edition is €34.99 at the moment.

I'm hoping to play it again soon as I miss going out on the wagons so I do.

• Advertisement

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Keep a lookout on the PS Store. Ultimate Edition is €34.99 at the moment.

I'm hoping to play it again soon as I miss going out on the wagons so I do.

I wouldn't normally dream of buying the ultimate edition as that original price is crazy but i have a 30 voucher i could use to get psn credit so it's very tempting. Also been reading up on the Roles and they sound like a lot of fun. Actually single player stuff to do in an online world.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Why did you give up on it in the first place zero? Gameplay Too slow ?

Why did you give up on it in the first place zero? Gameplay Too slow ?

Cleared it and sold it for almost the price i paid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭weiland79

I've put quite a it of time into online. I think I'm around lvl 60. I love it for what it is, which is a cowboy simulator.
    There is no real point to the game play other than to lvl up to get different types of holsters, spurs, horses, clothes etc.
    There are no missions that you are locked out of for being too low lvl.

I find it very relaxing to spend a few hours in it doing cowboyie stuff. Hunting chasing down bounties making moonshine and treasure hunting.

Its not for everyone and id be wary to recommend it to anyone and equally wary to part with more cash for it.

However if you do I have a persistent posse set up which you're welcome to join.

Yeehaw!!

Awesome thanks man, i have some deciding to do!

Just to point out, if anyone is interested in online. The mico transaction currency is gold and it's very easy to earn with the daily challenges and you get some more with certain games/mission completions.

Gold is used to buy the season pass, over which you get all the gold back. I got to lvl 100 for free easily enough in a little over a week of casual playing, and bought the pass after hitting 100 then instantly got the gold back. The pass is mostly cosmetic stuff, and a lot of discounts for in game stuff.

Gold is also used for the new profession roles, with the starting gold and different offers you can get 2 out of the 4 straight away. Also weekly offers so maybe you could get 3 of them straight away. The roles also add new daily challenges and half of which are very easy to do ( dance for 2 minutes), there's also streak bonues so that ups them to 2.5x the norm. I've not spent any money and just from the dailies I've got enough for next season and the one after that.

Just to add the game isn't remotely like GTA online as all the new stuff is easily accessible you don't need to grind $ for ages with the gold earned doing mostly everything. The way the map/radar/defensive mode work there isn't much reason/oppertunity for other plays to grief each other, with the exception of the dedicated mission types that promote it. The worst that happens usually is neither you nor they noticed the other as you don't see people on the radar unless they're very close and so you both head firsted into each other on horse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Fian

I wouldn't normally dream of buying the ultimate edition as that original price is crazy but i have a 30 voucher i could use to get psn credit so it's very tempting. Also been reading up on the Roles and they sound like a lot of fun. Actually single player stuff to do in an online world.

I bought the ultimate edition during steam sale, mainly because it was only a few quid more than the standard. I assumed that ultimate edition involved more dlc content. Nope, it is actually pay to win, it means you get more money, the best horse and stronger guns from the beginning. Which is completely unnecessary tbh. I am too far into the game to want to restart it now, but if i had read the details more carefully I would have started in standard rather than ultimate version. And i am not very far into it really, I am in St. Denis atm. do kind of like my horse and would be sorry to give it up.

Having fun though, it is a nice game. The hunting and fishing are actually quite relaxing and the game looks great.

Can you have multiple roles active at the same time like can i hunt animals as a trader and then go catch a bounty followed by treasure hunting? Can you swap roles on the fly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I've had this on PC for a few months, tried it again yesterday and immediately ran into the issue that has stopped me previously - the control system. Similar to GTA the dip****s have to have 3-4 keys for single functions with slightly different contexts - getting on or off a horse, 1 key, taking or grabbing something a different key, interacting with NPCs...It's all the same basic thing, interact, single-key context sensitive like every other remotely sane dev who understands more than just console controllers gets. Turned it off again halfway through trying to map something useful.

• Advertisement

Can you have multiple roles active at the same time like can i hunt animals as a trader and then go catch a bounty followed by treasure hunting? Can you swap roles on the fly?

Treasure hunting can be done at all times even in story missions or while doing other roles. If you wanted to focus on it there's daily interactive maps to see where what is where. You can sell individual pieces but they're worth a whole lot more as a full collection and each day you can see what's where on these maps. It's a really fast way to lvl up too.

Moonshining is set up missions, then waiting, and then selling goods. You also shoot a lot of revenue agents all over the place even when not doing it there's checkpoints around.

Hunting can be done while doing any of the others but the only issue is it's the carcass you want more than skins so you've to get them back to your camp. If you get the hunting wagon you can call that load it up and dismiss it and the carcasses are save in it. All those times you get ambushed by a pack of wolves is free money then. Shoot them all, call and load wagon, and dismiss until you're near camp again.

Bounty hunting is more quick missions or huge quests, so it's a bit separate but you can do the other while doing it you just won't be capturing any bounties randomly while doing a story mission for example. Doing bounties is a good way to break up waiting times for the others, while you're waiting for moonshine to finish or skins to be prepared, or in between prep mission for both.

There's weekly discounts on roles, and I think PS4/plus get's one free.

There's not much to Treasure hunting, but if you've got it you randomly pick up stuff off enemies and randomly find stuff so just having it early helps.

I'd get trader (hunting) before I'd get bounty hunter, and moonshiner is the most recent and also most expensive so that'd probably be last to get. Roles also get you the best horses, equipment, and clothing.

Advertisement