Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foo Fighters, RDS, Wed 21st August

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭glenfieldman

piplip87 wrote: »
    Rockshore.??????? Drink one bottle and piss out 4.... Must be a marketing campaign. Only drank 5 bottles and still pissing.

As for the gig..... The pretender is an opener and what an opener.....

The Sunday bloody Sunday drum solo got me would have loved to hear a full cover..

Cried like a bitch during my hero.... Jumped and Moshed during these days.....

Top three gig for myself

I cried like a baby during Walk, but that because that song has so much meaning for me, done the same thing in Slane

• Registered Users Posts: 37,950 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The only thing that pissed me off was 7 f**king yoyos for that plastic bottle of crap, but Dave cant be blamed for that

€6.50 on draught

A lot of people prob dont realize there is that bar over by the toilet area. I imagine some are just not arsed to walk over and get from the bars in the food area

Eddie Rockets rip off aswell but had to be done lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

The best of you must have went on for 9 minutes

But a glorious 9 minutes

PTH2009 wrote: »
    €6.50 on draught

A lot of people prob dont realize there is that bar over by the toilet area. I imagine some are just not arsed to walk over and get from the bars in the food area

Eddie Rockets rip off aswell but had to be done lol

I know my wife kindly got two pints after having a ........., much nicer than the bottles

IMO, f**king great gig

• Registered Users Posts: 4,976 ✭✭✭scruff monkey
    Snarky Snark Snark

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Who was the guy who sang with Tyler ?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jon_Davison

• Advertisement

He was a bit off, should have left Taylor do do his thing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Penfailed

Shedite27 wrote: »
    All I could think was the daughter is being paid millions per show and it’s a way of avoiding inheritance tax or something. Awful song, awfully out of depth

Millions per show?! Wise up.

Gigs '24 - Ben Ottewell and Ian Ball (Gomez), The Jesus & Mary Chain, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, Pearl Jam, Green Day, Stendhal Festival, Forest Fest, Electric Picnic, Ride, PJ Harvey, Pixies, Public Service Broadcasting, Therapy?, IDLES(x2)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,543 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Don't get used to it. It's earmarked to be knocked down once the RDS get a government grant to upgrade the stadium as planning permission has been granted.
    Christ almighty - so the taxpayer is on the hook to subsidise rugger heads, gig heads and horsey heads? Why the hell should the taxpayer be paying for this, while the artists and players involved take huge wads of cash out of every event?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,980 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

It was amazing. Loved every second. Although I love Everlong, it made me a teeny bit sad that it was all over. Loved it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Glad you all enjoyed it. Apart from the Pretender and Best of You, were any other songs dragged out? I presume My Hero was too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,516 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Terrific show, much preferred it to the Slane set. Seemed to flow a lot better IMO
    Some songs elongated, but not necessarily a bad thing,

Really enjoyed Dirty Water as a song, but would have put it before Best of You instead of after, as the only nit-pick

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

Fantastic gig - enjoyed that nearly too much! Fortunate to get Pitch 1 tickets, will always ensure I get them for future gigs - plenty of space and terrific atmosphere, everyone on top form!

That band are superb live, 2.5 hours of non-stop hard rocking without a break, a few drawn out tracks for sure but gave me a chance to grab a beer, he's some performer. Sound, set list, atmosphere all top notch. Thought the rain only added to the atmosphere as well, great to have a fairly dark evening from the get go to get the proper light show etc. Loved it!

I thought the Frank Carter chap was good too, he looks like some scrote but won me over with a great voice, good tunes and a real proper front man - himself and guitarist playing in the crowd was great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Really enjoyed it, what a showman. third time I've seen them and they always give it 100%, would have loved to hear them play some Thin Lizzy. Or Tin Lizzy as Taylor seemed to think they were called!
    pitch 1 was great, plenty of room and great view. Was easy get in and out to bar/toilet as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Looks like yer man from Hot Milk enjoyed his gig in the RDS Glasgow ...

• Registered Users Posts: 34,566 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I managed to get free tickets to this so decided to pop along. Haven't seen them since 2007 when they played Marlay Park (and tbh I was mainly at that gig to see Nine Inch Nails)

What a show! Even with the insane downpours and no Thin Lizzy, still had an absolute blast.

Pitch 1 is indeed great, was right up the front with absolutely loads of space. Really easy to stroll in and out from the bar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Third time seeing them - loved it. Same old spiel from Dave - "we're gonna play all night" but the music speaks for itself.

It was loud!!

My hero was unbelievable, gave me goosebumps.
    Loved Wheels.
    I think they dragged the ar$e out of a couple too many songs but great nonetheless.

Pitch 1 is brilliant. Close no matter where you are! The crowd around me were the best I've seen in a long time. All happy to be there, all seem like proper fans, no insta crew, minimal phone use. Means you're not distracted or getting annoyed with people and as much as I try for things like that not to bother me, it always does! So was very happy.

Agree with the above - Dirty Water had no place being played where it was.

Great gig. Dave is a showman.

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭SQ2

Slane was better but still an awesome gig. They got me with that Sunday Bloody Sunday tease, the 'teen spirit one too...

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭JustMe,K

Never saw them before, but really enjoyed last nights gig. My voice is paying the price now though!

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Deenie78

Really enjoyed the whole thing - such a great show and so many nice people around!!

We had changed to seating at the last minute as my sister was under the weather but really wanted to make it. It was great idea as we were nice and dry and got cracking seats! Must admit I did find the crowd sitting a little sedate at times and was itching to be on feet more but didn't want to upset anyone behind me!

(as a sidenote if you're ever not happy with your tickets I would always recommend calling Ticketmaster a day or two before the gig, this is the third time I've done it and it's always worked out well)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Le Bruise

Deenie78 wrote: »
    Really enjoyed the whole thing - such a great show and so many nice people around!!

We had changed to seating at the last minute as my sister was under the weather but really wanted to make it. It was great idea as we were nice and dry and got cracking seats! Must admit I did find the crowd sitting a little sedate at times and was itching to be on feet more but didn't want to upset anyone behind me!

(as a sidenote if you're ever not happy with your tickets I would always recommend calling Ticketmaster a day or two before the gig, this is the third time I've done it and it's always worked out well)

Thank you once again for that tip!! Pitch 1 was brilliant!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Deenie78

Le Bruise wrote: »
    Thank you once again for that tip!! Pitch 1 was brilliant!

Ah deadly - it looked amazing, was definitely a little jealous at times!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

Or Tin Lizzy as Taylor seemed to think they were called!
    I assumed that was an localisation of the pronunciation. Accurate too! Dave used the "lie-not" version of Lynott favoured by the man himself rather than "lynn-ot" that most of us use. Good local knowledge. What was the story with the tiny kids on the edge of the stage with the other gang of people at the beginning of the gig?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭mollser

check_six wrote: »
    What was the story with the tiny kids on the edge of the stage with the other gang of people at the beginning of the gig?

I was fascinated by this - there were a couple of babies there and one of them sat through most of the gig, he was rocking out at times too with his headphones on - class!!

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

Good gig. Dirty Water felt awfully out of place at the end. Killed the crowd somewhat.

I liked Dirty Water, would have liked them to play more new or less well known stuff as well as the big hits. I guess the big hits are the crowd pleasers though. Great gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I liked Dirty Water, would have liked them to play more new or less well known stuff as well as the big hits. I guess the big hits are the crowd pleasers though. Great gig.

It's not the song, it's the placement. Putting it right at the end of Best Of You after saying they were done with the slower songs was a bit of a downer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

"we're going play all night....yap yap yap, we're going to play loads of songs yap yap yap yap yap yap song yap yap yap yap song.....yap yap"
    ...10.30 on the dot...Good night"!

:)

great gig though enjoyed it

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Woolygloves

mollser wrote: »
    I was fascinated by this - there were a couple of babies there and one of them sat through most of the gig, he was rocking out at times too with his headphones on - class!!

Wives and their kids I assumed

• Registered Users Posts: 5,658 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

check_six wrote: »
    Or Tin Lizzy as Taylor seemed to think they were called!

I assumed that was an localisation of the pronunciation. Accurate too! Dave used the "lie-not" version of Lynott favoured by the man himself rather than "lynn-ot" that most of us use. Good local knowledge. What was the story with the tiny kids on the edge of the stage with the other gang of people at the beginning of the gig?
    I meant the top he had on, had it spelt "Tin Lizzy" on the back

• Registered Users Posts: 2,245 ✭✭✭check_six

I meant the top he had on, had it spelt "Tin Lizzy" on the back

Yeah, he spelled it like it's said, rather than how it's spelled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭delbertgrady

"we're going play all night....yap yap yap, we're going to play loads of songs yap yap yap yap yap yap song yap yap yap yap song.....yap yap"
    ...10.30 on the dot...Good night"!

10:45. :)

2024 Gigs and Events: David Suchet, Depeche Mode, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark, The Smile, Pixies, Liam Gallagher John Squire/Jake Bugg, Kacey Musgraves (x2), Olivia Rodrigo, Mitski, Muireann Bradley, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, Eric Clapton, Girls Aloud, Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band, The Smashing Pumpkins/Weezer, P!nk, Pearl Jam/Richard Ashcroft, Taylor Swift/Paramore, Suede/Manic Street Preachers, Muireann Bradley, AC/DC, Deacon Blue/Altered Images, The The, blink-182, Coldplay, Gilbert O'Sullivan, Nick Lowe, David Gilmour, Public Service Broadcasting, Crash Test Dummies, Cassandra Jenkins.

2025 Gigs and Events: Billie Eilish (x2)

Advertisement